THE CZickness LII....Autumn or Fall? No matter...season is right for a CZ!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    For a range pistol, my ideal SA pull is around 3.5 pounds - lighter in a revolver. Part of the beauty of Cajun/Wizard tuning is you can obtain a mechanical perfection of trigger geometry in motion and match it to the trigger pull weight you want. Same with an expertly tuned 1911 trigger.

Self defense pistol? 5-6-8#'s? More be better.

Rifle. Lol. I've got them that measure in ounces...

but don't pay attention to me, I also am not offended by most G**** triggers.

All I know is that "Life is too short for a sh!!!^ trigger".
    Alright, learn me; we talk about the SA being 3 point whatever, so the double actions going to be 6 something IIRC in my CZ’s, so do you consider that an ok carry gun with the DA at 6 something? Even though the SA is light?

I do, because I practice with what I carry and am cognizant of that unintended discharge possibility after the first shot.

Curious as to what others here think.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Alright, learn me; we talk about the SA being 3 point whatever, so the double actions going to be 6 something IIRC in my CZ’s, so do you consider that an ok carry gun with the DA at 6 something? Even though the SA is light?

I do, because I practice with what I carry and am cognizant of that unintended discharge possibility after the first shot.

I agree with your assessment ....if the first pull is relatively heavy, you're good to go !

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg

I am not an expert and consider myself lacking in training and practice but I have the internet and keyboard so....

A 6-7 pound long DA pull is adequate safe for self-defense IMO. Based upon what I read, hear and see of the trained professionals is that its all too common for the gun to be emptied after the first shoot. My father had a self-defense shooting and he said that he had a thought process up until he pulled the trigger and then it was all adrenaline, training and self preservation in control.

I want my first shot to be controlled and thoughtful - after that I tend to believe that I will just want to survive the encounter.

I know...I know...I have heard all the trainers too but you train and train (military, police or civilian) and solidify your thought process as best you can - but - until the :poop: hits the fan for real in a self defense scenario - we don't know how we will react.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I am not an expert and consider myself lacking in training and practice but I have the internet and keyboard so....

A 6-7 pound long DA pull is adequate safe for self-defense IMO. Based upon what I read, hear and see of the trained professionals is that its all too common for the gun to be emptied after the first shoot. My father had a self-defense shooting and he said that he had a thought process up until he pulled the trigger and then it was all adrenaline, training and self preservation in control.

I want my first shot to be controlled and thoughtful - after that I tend to believe that I will just want to survive the encounter.

I know...I know...I have heard all the trainers too but you train and train (military, police or civilian) and solidify your thought process as best you can - but - until the :poop: hits the fan for real in a self defense scenario - we don't know how we will react.
    Really, mcapo? You know you'll just be running away, dropping your gun while trying to shoot over your shoulder and screaming like a lost child....

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    I deal with this a lot at my employer. Folks always trying to get noticed and trying to step into the next role, but funny thing is when they do get that other job, the person who comes in behind them always has to pick up the pieces from the job that person wasn't doing.

And as you say someone always trying to throw their ideas against the wall to see what sticks with no care for how it impacts everyone. And stupid managers eating it up.

When did you start at my work? Why haven't I noticed you there?

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I figure I would freeze up from the adrenalin. Seems to me that you have the better plan.

Many years ago, I was riding (on mid-shift) with a cop friend on the east side of Indy.
    We got a run for a suspected burglary in progress, and I helped clear the building (my G27 was drawn)
    Later, my friend said "you can taste the adrenaline in your mouth, can't you" ?
    And he was correct .... it's a strong, bitter taste.

Reece'sPieces

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2023
    Indy
    I’m not an expert of coffee at all but I am glad to know they someone also thinks it just tastes burnt lol.
    I'm no expert either but it definitely tastes burnt or something. When I was in college I did a comparison between a black starbuck's coffee and a black mcdonald's coffee. Decided mcdonalds was not only cheaper but better and that if I really wanted some good coffee I would make it at home. The best coffee I've had was an Ethiopian Harrar from a place that's now closed called the Coffee Break, it was at 62nd and Allisonville. That guy had some serious connections to source some good coffee and he just decided to close down one day not even due to covid. Curious if anyone was familiar with that place too.

In other news my ammo finally came in today, 115g Federal for a great price at 23 cpr before tax, 25 cpr after tax, and free shipping straight to my work (shipping facility). Had to buy some 9mm from WTB yesterday because it hadn't shipped out from when I ordered last week. Indy arms Co. is a good range but woo-wee those ammo prices are a bit high. Highly recommend AE ammo, it did take a week to ship out/process but they used Fedex for my order so if you live in state it should get to you the next day from when it ships out.
    So yeah grab up those deals the people have posted.
    edit: I cant construct sentences properly.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom