THE CZickness LII....Autumn or Fall? No matter...season is right for a CZ!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Good Morning to all the well worn CZ Zickos.!!

Interesting reading on here - just got caught up for the Nth time.

These days they are a changin' here in the MidLands.

Next week highs in the low 40s -- O U C H .

Time to unpack some light winter gear.

Shoot straight everyone...

I'm sincerely happy that you check-in with us, Deacon .... just wish that you lived a bit closer ! :)

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I don't think that I've ever offered something to you CZ'icko's to see if there's any interest. What spurred this, is that an INGO member posted in the WTB classifieds that he's looking for a Rossi R92 in .357 .

As some of you know, I'm going to thin out my firearms, as I don't want to leave my wife with a mess to deal with .... should my expiration date come suddenly.

Anyway .... I have a nice one, and would give the CZicko discount, if anyone is interested. Please PM me for more details.

1698156360658.png

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Keep adding fufu to the coffee until it doesn't taste like coffee of maybe hit a coffee shop and get a 6.00 coffee. They line up to buy that stuff and that baffles me.

About 10 years ago, a well-meaning neighbor gave me a $10 gift certificate to Starbucks. It's still sitting in a drawer !

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Keep adding fufu to the coffee until it doesn't taste like coffee of maybe hit a coffee shop and get a 6.00 coffee. They line up to buy that stuff and that baffles me.

A good espresso based drink is delicious. I don't understand people who need one on a daily basis, but a nice latte, or cortado or something like that can be really good. It's not for everyone, but those Italians knew what they were doing when they made these drinks. That said, Starbucks isn't a very good example for such things, unless you like the taste of burnt coffee.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    A good espresso based drink is delicious. I don't understand people who need one on a daily basis, but a nice latte, or cortado or something like that can be really good. It's not for everyone, but those Italians knew what they were doing when they made these drinks. That said, Starbucks isn't a very good example for such things, unless you like the taste of burnt coffee.
    I’m not an expert of coffee at all but I am glad to know they someone also thinks it just tastes burnt lol.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    You're retired, and you're up early enough to see the sunrise ? :facepalm:
    I'm sending you a complimentary copy of MM's Retirement Guide.
    (co-written by Tarzan)
    However, the sun is rising later in the morning (At least until we ‘fall back an hour’ in a couple of weeks). Mid summer it has to be a special occasion or really late night for me to see the sun rising.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    I don’t like overly light triggers with no wall. Big difference in that and what I call a good trigger. Seen more than a handful of negligent double taps by people and their cajunized triggers...

The Cajunized CZ P-07 I recently bought from zachcz was done by a previous owner. The single action on it is around 2.5 lbs and while there is a "wall" after you take up the slack, it is barely noticeable and very easy to unintentionally pull straight through. I completely understand why he didn't like it.

I will be installing an extra heavy firing pin block spring to add back to the "wall".

No shots taken at all or intent to insult in the least!

I read your post as info, not a shot.

While I have dots on a few of my pistols, they are range guns. I don't see myself ever spending the time to become proficient in drawing a pistol and finding the dot with speed.

With iron sights at typical self defense distances, I bring the pistol up and point shoot the first two shots with only a vague view of the front sight (paying no attention to the the rear sight) and this puts both rounds on a man sized silhouette. By the third shot, I'm on the sights for a more precise shot.

If I ever was the guy that had to take out the mall shooter at distance it would be nice to have a dot but I do pactice out to 100 yards with irons...and I never go to the mall.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    The Rossi 92 is sold ! And actually, if there is a pantsless hiway run that could be offered, it would be greatly appreciated by the buyer, and me !
    (South Indy to southern Indiana is the route )

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom