THE CZickness LII....Autumn or Fall? No matter...season is right for a CZ!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Crap....AE Ammo just dropped some 9mm Syntech subs. Back for a second order tonight.
    FWIW, I had a couple of mags at the FGE preloaded with 150gr Syntech to try in AllenM's suppressed gun and he did not want me to use them with the suppressor so I set them aside.

I have not noticed a suppressor cleaning problem with my semi-auto use of Syntech ammo.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    FWIW, I had a couple of mags at the FGE preloaded with 150gr Syntech to try in AllenM's suppressed gun and he did not want me to use them with the suppressor so I set them aside.

I have not noticed a suppressor cleaning problem with my semi-auto use of Syntech ammo.
    Interesting. I have ran it through the MPX with a Sig 45 can and THE phantom with a ti-rant 9 can and have not noticed any fouling but that is something I will watch for.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Is anyone else having trouble with "Shooting Illustrated"? The lastest copy arrived in the mail today and none of the links worked when I tapped on them.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Alright, learn me; we talk about the SA being 3 point whatever, so the double actions going to be 6 something IIRC in my CZ’s, so do you consider that an ok carry gun with the DA at 6 something? Even though the SA is light?

I do, because I practice with what I carry and am cognizant of that unintended discharge possibility after the first shot.

Curious as to what others here think.
    I like a 3.5 to 4 pound SA for carry and if I can get the DA down to somewhere close to 6 without dropping below my SA threshold, I'm happy. I had a P01 once that after I cajunized it, it dropped to right about 2# SA. That killed that gun for carry for me. On my PCR, it is just under 4# right now, and I'm happy with that.

My son has a tuned pre-B SAO that is under 2# with a very short reset. That one is too light for me and I don't care to shoot it. It's too easy to double tap accidentally with that.

Firehawk

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    Good morning :coffee:

I think I’ve been spoiled with the trigger on the “Frankenstein” Para 1911. I certainly don’t mind triggers being ridiculously light, even sub 1 lb on a pistol. However my Micro 9 has a stiff 7-8 lb trigger and as it’s the gun I end up carrying the most, I’ve resisted the urge to upgrade it.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I don't think that I've ever offered something to you CZ'icko's to see if there's any interest. What spurred this, is that an INGO member posted in the WTB classifieds that he's looking for a Rossi R92 in .357 .

As some of you know, I'm going to thin out my firearms, as I don't want to leave my wife with a mess to deal with .... should my expiration date come suddenly.

Anyway .... I have a nice one, and would give the CZicko discount, if anyone is interested. Please PM me for more details.

View attachment 307573

The gardener and I have had this discussion as well, but getting off that horse is going to be hard.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.8%
    30   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    The gardener and I have had this discussion as well, but getting off that horse is going to be hard.
    Being their caretaker isn't an unworthy calling. Finding another worthy caretaker is the challenge. Have you considered asking the NRA museum if they'd be interested in making an offer?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom