THE CZickness LII....Autumn or Fall? No matter...season is right for a CZ!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    If a weight is needed I guess just a smidge under 3 lb is perfect trigger for me. Ten pull average was 2lb 10 oz on my gauge. I feel it’s a little light and don’t like to use it for exact weights but rather to compare things side by side. I don’t get caught up in the numbers. Obviously a million factors that go into it but this has been the gold standard for triggers that work for me. I’m totally comfortable carrying this but looking just at numbers I would think it’s too light to carry. YMMV

IMG_3697.jpeg

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    Dude…. That rubs me the wrong way. We had that raffle to help out one of our own and to keep a momento of our friend in the group- not for us to profit from.

If you don’t want the gun, that’s quite all right, let me give you your ticket cost back and I’ll draw another name.

…but the raffle came with no ownership stipulations or required length of ownership periods, and it’s a free country, so you do you.
    Well said!

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    268   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    If a weight is needed I guess just a smidge under 3 lb is perfect trigger for me. Ten pull average was 2lb 10 oz on my gauge. I feel it’s a little light and don’t like to use it for exact weights but rather to compare things side by side. I don’t get caught up in the numbers. Obviously a million factors that go into it but this has been the gold standard for triggers that work for me. I’m totally comfortable carrying this but looking just at numbers I would think it’s too light to carry. YMMV

View attachment 307772
    Agree. Numbers don't tell the whole story. I've got some that have a higher number, but are smoother and feel better overall.

radar8756

Works for Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   1
    Sep 21, 2010
    Westville, IN
    Dude…. That rubs me the wrong way. We had that raffle to help out one of our own and to keep a momento of our friend in the group- not for us to profit from.

If you don’t want the gun, that’s quite all right, let me give you your ticket cost back and I’ll draw another name.

…but the raffle came with no ownership stipulations or required length of ownership periods, and it’s a free country, so you do you.

Sorry you feel that way

I bought Raffle Tickets to "Help one of our Own"

I did not know until I actually shot it that the Trigger was so sensitive ( multiple double taps ) ...

I looked at several Stock Shadow pics which all had a single Picatinny rail slot at the front of the Frame to mount a laser/light - which this one does not have ( early model ? ) and the trigger guard profile does not fit any of the adapters I have tried

I have seen multiple WTS ads starting with "Won this in a Raffle" ... so I see nothing wrong with Trading for something I do want ...

I am giving this group First Dibs - as they would be the most interested and most likely have something I would like better ( I know some have multiple CZ 457/452 )

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana

Yeah, I feel the same way, Bandit. Thanks for speaking up.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    The bourbon sampling at the auction is genius.
    Like Patience said, we are just really caretakers for a period of time. My sons will likely take a few home with them and I'll dispose of most of the stuff in an auction. There will be some sold ahead of that so I'll post in here if anybody's interested.

It's going to tough giving things up, but I don't think you can have them or old cars at assisted living.;)

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Like Patience said, we are just really caretakers for a period of time. My sons will likely take a few home with them and I'll dispose of most of the stuff in an auction. There will be some sold ahead of that so I'll post in here if anybody's interested.

It's going to tough giving things up, but I don't think you can have them or old cars at assisted living.;)

Eastern philosophers often use a time period of 300 years, to put things into perspective.
    Basically saying, 'in 300 years, everyone you ever loved, and eveything you ever owned will be dust'.
    Yup, whether it's objects, or land ---- we're just caretakers.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Still, it hasn't stopped me from acquiring more as of yet. ;)

Just picked up this Marlin 1893 in 32-40 that needed a little help. I'll see if I can retemper the hammer spring before finding a replacement.

I've seen compasses mounted in the stocks of rifles before, but never seen one mounted on the top of the comb. That got my attention on this rifle, and the compass still worked!

marlin1893compass.jpg

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Still, it hasn't stopped me from acquiring more as of yet. ;)

Just picked up this Marlin 1893 in 32-40 that needed a little help. I'll see if I can retemper the hammer spring before finding a replacement.

I've seen compasses mounted in the stocks of rifles before, but never seen one mounted on the top of the comb. That got my attention on this rifle, and the compass still worked!

View attachment 307798

Acquiring for you, leads to your passion ..... restoration.
    I salute you. :)

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I may have an extra set of tfx tfos laying around.I’ll look today. The pcr is my absolute favorite. I hate rails but somehow managed to pick up a p01 and not a pcr.
    Would those be for the odd PCR rear sight? It's unique to the CZ lineup. It is the only real downside to the PCR IMHO. As far as I know, there's only one option for a night sight set and it runs about $170.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    Would those be for the odd PCR rear sight? It's unique to the CZ lineup. It is the only real downside to the PCR IMHO. As far as I know, there's only one option for a night sight set and it runs about $170.
    Forgot all about the different sights. I think dovetail is same but does have the small cutout in front of dovetail.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg

I always found that odd? Do you know the reason behind the sight cut? Ultra concealibility or just because?

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN

I'm with the Bandit on this. Seems wrong to treat is as just a thing. That's the last CM sourced gun entering the group AFAIK.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I always found that odd? Do you know the reason behind the sight cut? Ultra concealibility or just because?
    My guess is that it was a requirement by the police department that they built it for. Maybe that had issues with sights that snagged and wanted something with a reverse bevel. Or, maybe they were so high speed/low drag, they wanted streamlined sights for aerodynamics :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom