THE CZickness LII....Autumn or Fall? No matter...season is right for a CZ!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    I sold Tim an 85 combat that is still in the group. My wife and I met him on our way to Indy to go out to dinner and shopping. As Tim was leaving, he pulled up next to the passenger side of my truck, had my wife roll down her window, and made sure she knew how much cash he had just given me. He said “have fun shopping!” And drove away laughing his head off.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    CM guided me to my first 1911 purchase. I was being too budget conscious when I bought it and was a bit ignorant as well and turned down his offer for a 1911 that would have been $350 over my budget. I constantly kick myself over my poor decision. It was not too much longer after that when CM invited me to my first GTG, the 2022 SGE.

I brings me great joy to be a part of this group, much knowledge has been gained and many friendships have been made that will last a lifetime.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    As a top 5 member, :lmfao:

BA, CM, and myself, and possibly Jagee all met at the same time. The first LT6 shoot, about 2013-14.

When BA started this thread, and the subsequent ones. My appearance was just to come say hi, and show my support to BA in his beloved CZickness.

The Wizard, started coming to our LT6 shoots, then Mouse and I started going up to Lafayette to shoot with those CZickos. Or vice versa…

Shooting with BA and The Wizard was overwhelming. Try this one, compare it to this one, now try this one. I’m a Glock guy. I shoot crappy triggers, and enjoy them. Think of CM dual wielding Glocks, and ripping his thumb off. My guns! That was the early days.

I had friends here, but I was no CZicko.

A few years go by, and I decide to buy a CZ. In the case is a CZ custom Shop Shadow, and a plain Jane SP01. I called BA about the Shadow I was about to buy, looking for his approval. He was like, “hell no! Get the the stock sp01, we’ll make it better than the Shadow.”

That SP01 is now the Blue Angel. I told CM, let’s make it so personal and gaudy that he can’t sell it.

He gave it back to me when his time had come.
    I bought a pistol, but many in this group created a true legacy piece.

I moved to Texas, and probably won’t attend many more shoots. I still get invites, thanks guys!
    I feel bad having this piece of our history, 1,000 miles away.

I text a member here several months back about buying it. He refused, because he didn’t feel he had first rights to it. He insisted I offer it to another member that he felt should have first rights to it. I agreed.

Radar, these aren’t just pistols to us, they are the legacies of our friends and families.

Wizard, when you want the Blue Angel, let me know.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    CM guided me to my first 1911 purchase. I was being too budget conscious when I bought it and was a bit ignorant as well and turned down his offer for a 1911 that would have been $350 over my budget. I constantly kick myself over my poor decision. It was not too much longer after that when CM invited me to my first GTG, the 2022 SGE.

I brings me great joy to be a part of this group, much knowledge has been gained and many friendships have been made that will last a lifetime.
    That was the first gun I bought off of CM too - a 1911. I had accepted the fallacy that my few stock SW 1911s with their funny serrations and external extractors were plenty good enough. Boy, did I have a lot to learn and he was willing to teach me!

Last edited:

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    My kids have placed dibs on certain CM items so mine may be multigenerational.

I didn’t obtain any at the end but he and I traded on several occasions prior. :-)

He loved to deal!
    Yeah, he had bought several of mine, I remember a custom Remington R1 1911 and my Brownells retro M16A1 that someone here still has I believe. The best time was when he and I and AllenM did the 1911 class.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    That was the first gun I bought off of CM too - a 1911. I had accepted the fallacy that my few stock SW 1911 with their funny serrations and external extractors were plenty good enough. Boy, did I have a lot to learn.
    I recall asking him about a SW, he was not fond of them. Then discussed a Ruger vs SA Garrison. He said SA had better metallurgy. Just as I was about to buy the Garrison I found a NOS SA Range officer target and that got a big thumbs up from him.

wingrider1800

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 27, 2014
    Harrison County
    Yeah, he had bought several of mine, I remember a custom Remington R1 1911 and my Brownells retro M16A1 that someone here still has I believe. The best time was when he and I and AllenM did the 1911 class.
    I would really liked to have attended that class but the drive was to far.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom