THE CZickness LII....Autumn or Fall? No matter...season is right for a CZ!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Wow ... step away to get some work done and things now look different.

I'm not inclined to shun anybody, but did have to start using INGOs ignore feature if I wanted to continue playing on this playground (and to uphold a promise I made to Big Tanker). I say this to point out that things change ... everything changes ... sometimes for the better, and sometimes for the worse.

Radar won the raffle fair and square without any stipulations on how he was to care for the prize. He's just doing what's best for him in his personal situation. Honestly, CM did the same thing.

However, we might be able to correct this misunderstanding if we pull together. I don't have enough cash in the gun fund (or any of the trade options noted), but I do have a crisp $100 bill that I'll gladly chip in. Maybe if we pool our funds, the blue beauty can be reaquired, then reraffled with new rules surrounding the dispositon of the pistol?
    I could chip in if this the direction things end up.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.8%
    30   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I’m glad you’re able be there. We’re in similar situation with my wife’s mom. Her Dad passed almost 2 years ago. And we’ve been making more frequent trips to Wabash to visit her Mom and help her with things. This trips big project is cleaning out the garage. Things Dad loved most: Jesus, people, books and guns, in that order. He made the garage his own person library and office. We’ve donated a lot of his library to pastors and a bible college but there’s still a lot left. The rest will go to local charity/donation centers. It’s been two years and it’s still heavy emotionally to change his space. But like you said “It’s time”. Mom has a bad back and hobbles to walk. Winter is coming and she can’t shovel and salt her own drive or scrape her windshield. Her wonderful neighbor helps with that. Anyway she needs the garage to be a garage she can park in. Anyway that was a long way to say “I get it”. I hope your time down there is full of good memories and the making of new ones.

It’s been an emotional day all around. Yesterday we found out my wife’s Aunt passed away suddenly. At least we already had the rest of the week planned to be here with her mom. As I type this, sitting here looking at Dad’s empty recliner. He was my best shooting buddy. That can never be replaced, but I’m thankful to this group. Y’all have helped fill a small part of that void that was left. Not just the “gun stuff” but the community. Thank you.
    You're welcome to come split wood and talk anytime.

Or maybe just burn some of what we split before. ;)

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I’m glad you’re able be there. We’re in similar situation with my wife’s mom. Her Dad passed almost 2 years ago. And we’ve been making more frequent trips to Wabash to visit her Mom and help her with things. This trips big project is cleaning out the garage. Things Dad loved most: Jesus, people, books and guns, in that order. He made the garage his own person library and office. We’ve donated a lot of his library to pastors and a bible college but there’s still a lot left. The rest will go to local charity/donation centers. It’s been two years and it’s still heavy emotionally to change his space. But like you said “It’s time”. Mom has a bad back and hobbles to walk. Winter is coming and she can’t shovel and salt her own drive or scrape her windshield. Her wonderful neighbor helps with that. Anyway she needs the garage to be a garage she can park in. Anyway that was a long way to say “I get it”. I hope your time down there is full of good memories and the making of new ones.

It’s been an emotional day all around. Yesterday we found out my wife’s Aunt passed away suddenly. At least we already had the rest of the week planned to be here with her mom. As I type this, sitting here looking at Dad’s empty recliner. He was my best shooting buddy. That can never be replaced, but I’m thankful to this group. Y’all have helped fill a small part of that void that was left. Not just the “gun stuff” but the community. Thank you.

It's hard to deal with the loss(es) .... my sympathy, sir.
    I know in my heart, that the good CZ folks in this thread are happy that you found us.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area

I'm sorry to hear about your wife's aunt.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I'll refrain from addressing @radar8756 .... I have to look someone in the eye, before I can see what's in their heart.

As I've publicly told everyone of you gangsters, my gun-buying days are over. That doesn't mean that I don't like to shoot .... I DO .... but I'm set on a course of reduction.

For the above reason, THE Bandit will tell you that I didn't send him $50 for a raffle ticket. But, I was going to hand him a $50 bill at the FGE, and tell him to just send it along to Cindy. If any of you doubt that, you don't know me very well. My sadness over missing the event was huge.

However, I also have a crisp $100 to offer for a buyback program. I wouldn't accept the gun under any circumstances --- if there is another raffle, or offer-to-buy as a group, or however it might work.
    I'd just like to see a core-member have it in his possession.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.8%
    30   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Considering how the selection process for the next FGE is gonna be processed. Think I'll be seeking more input and perhaps looking to our oldest members for wisdom. Mouse always made the list b4 this year and I'd just let him know how many I thought we could accomodate. I had a few empty slots and just filled them with names who'd been participating. I don't get to see all the interactions or keep up with the scuttlebutt like Mouse could so I'm at a slight disadvantage. Got some good additions and some unexpected cancelations due to circumstances but all in all, turned out well. It changes a little every time.

Firehawk

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon

Funny/crazy story about my wife’s Aunt… Years ago when my wife and I sent out our wedding invitations, her Aunt called her parents and asked “Is this [Firehawk] guy related to So-And-So?” Her mom responded “…Yeah…That’s his father… how do you know him?” Her Aunt responded “We dated in college!”.

MIND BLOWN :runaway::faint:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    The thread got me thinking about the Czickness seniority, so I looked back at BA's original post. Looks like The Wizard is out senior member now. Patience is #2 and I think I am #3 of those remaining active in this thread. Rusty was #4, with KJ #5 and Jagee #6. WT jumped in on the 2nd day of that thread as #7. I got bored looking after that :)

T-Dogg came in on day 3 of the original thread and takes #8 spot.
    TT came in during week 2 at #9.

Last edited:

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I'm with you on the never selling. Have a lovely example myself that CM was kind enough to let me purchase. Also not for sale.

My kids have placed dibs on certain CM items so mine may be multigenerational.

I didn’t obtain any at the end but he and I traded on several occasions prior. :-)

He loved to deal!

wingrider1800

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 27, 2014
    Harrison County
    The thread got me thinking about the Czickness seniority, so I looked back at BA's original post. Looks like The Wizard is out senior member now. Patience is #2 and I think I am #3 of those remaining active in this thread. Rusty was #4, with KJ #5 and Jagee #6. WT jumped in on the 2nd day of that thread as #7. I got bored looking after that :)

T-Dogg came in on day 3 of the original thread and takes #8 spot.
    TT came in during week 2 at #9.
    Speaking of Rusty, haven't heard from him in a while

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down

I didn’t obtain any at the end but he and I traded on several occasions prior. :-)

He loved to deal!
    That he did.

Was just discussing this with mcapo and TD today. I did a lot of horse trading with CM over the years. And most times he eventually ended up with both guns. Lol.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.8%
    30   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree

He loved to deal!
    And he'd make you kook like a champion horsetrader if he liked you. I tried to return that favor on that last one.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Considering how the selection process for the next FGE is gonna be processed. Think I'll be seeking more input and perhaps looking to our oldest members for wisdom. Mouse always made the list b4 this year and I'd just let him know how many I thought we could accomodate. I had a few empty slots and just filled them with names who'd been participating. I don't get to see all the interactions or keep up with the scuttlebutt like Mouse could so I'm at a slight disadvantage. Got some good additions and some unexpected cancelations due to circumstances but all in all, turned out well. It changes a little every time.
    I will say to all that one of the hardest things in hosting a GTG is the invite list.

Both locations that we are currently at have limitations on the number of people that can safely participate. I suppose that is true of any location but it does create a cap and its tough to not be able to just invite everyone.

New people in the group keep us all engaged and excited as we share experiences and help them to spend money err share their experiences and excitement with us.

What BA, Losey and CM started has brought together a vibrant even eclectic group of people that I am honored to call friends, even family.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom