Not open for further replies.

Firehawk

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    I want a new gun, but I don't "need" a new gun. Today I've been thinking about 10mm again.
    Another option is find a Tanfo Witness in 10. You know how to mill, and you know you can make it one sweet shooter.
    :+1:

I have the same Witness Elite Match in .40 S&W. I knew I’d like it but ended up liking it way more than I expected. It’s heavy and comfortable and makes .40 recoil feel mild. 10mm in it would be a lot of fun! If I could find a 10mm barrel for mine I’d buy it in a heartbeat.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    268   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    :+1:

I have the same Witness Elite Match in .40 S&W. I knew I’d like it but ended up liking it way more than I expected. It’s heavy and comfortable and makes .40 recoil feel mild. 10mm in it would be a lot of fun! If I could find a 10mm barrel for mine I’d buy it in a heartbeat.
    That is nice.

I did a little perusing this morning and some additional thinking. I think for a metal framed option, I still like the Magnum Research (Bul Armory) 1911 that I fondled recently. I'm not saying it is or isn't the same quality as a Dan Wesson, but it sure feels like one in my hand, and the fit and finish sure are nice. I found a retailer online with one in stock for around $800 with no tax and free shipping.

I'd probably add an extended mag release, magwell (might pony up for a Chen) and different grips (magwell cut).

1692533637477.png

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I forgot that. Last time I ordered I added a few boxes of 38 special to the case of 9mm. Received it 2 days from the time I ordered. For me, there would have to be a heck of a discount to get me to drive the 35 minutes plus each way mostly in 465.

Next order will most likely be this:

I was going to order some of the Armscor 124 but then remembered that I had forgotten the reason why I remembered something about this ammo.

Google to the rescue.....a long time ago this ammo got a bad rap for hard primers and a long oal causing some feeding problems in autoloaders. Anyone have any recent experience? I tend to discount what I read on the internet....unless it is here.

Last edited:

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    That is nice.

I did a little perusing this morning and some additional thinking. I think for a metal framed option, I still like the Magnum Research (Bul Armory) 1911 that I fondled recently. I'm not saying it is or isn't the same quality as a Dan Wesson, but it sure feels like one in my hand, and the fit and finish sure are nice. I found a retailer online with one in stock for around $800 with no tax and free shipping.

I'd probably add an extended mag release, magwell (might pony up for a Chen) and different grips (magwell cut).

View attachment 293994
    If you like that one, you might like this one a little more. I know the Deacon has one and I was fortunate enough to get to shoot it at the last FGE, great piece for the price. You would need to call BulArmoryUSA for exact price and availability. They do have other models too that you might find interesting.

Last edited:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I was going to order some but then remembered that I had forgotten the reason why I remembered something about this ammo.

Google to the rescue.....a long time ago this ammo got a bad rap for hard primers and a long oal causing some feeding problems in autoloaders. Anyone have any recent experience? I tend to discount what I read on the internet....unless it is here.
    I've shot a good bit of blazer aluminum and brass without issues in the past. Lately I have tended to keep back my blazer brass while I clear through the WWB and federal champion I've bought, as I consider the blazer brass better than those 2 (maybe that's not the case).

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I've shot a good bit of blazer aluminum and brass without issues in the past. Lately I have tended to keep back my blazer brass while I clear through the WWB and federal champion I've bought, as I consider the blazer brass better than those 2.
    I was refering to the Armscor 124 9mm.

I have had good luck with Blazer....can't say that I have ever tested it head to head but it seem reliable and shoots within my (increasing) margin of error.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    268   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    If you like that one, you might like this one a little more. I know the Deacon has one and I was fortunate enough to get to shoot it at the last FGE, great piece for the price.

Not available in 10mm. But yes, I'd rather have an all SS like that one.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    If you like that one, you might like this one a little more. I know the Deacon has one and I was fortunate enough to get to shoot it at the last FGE, great piece for the price. You would need to call BulArmoryUSA for exact price and availability.

No 10mm on that one at least as noted on that page.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I was refering to the Armscor 124 9mm.

I have had good luck with Blazer....can't say that I have ever tested it head to head but it seem reliable and shoots within my (increasing) margin of error.
    Ah, sorry. Agreed, haven't shot any Armscor and was giving it the side eye at aeammo last time I was down there.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom