Not open for further replies.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Evening folks! My son is ferrying an airplane from Montana to Hyannis and stopped in Bloomington this evening, so we ran down to have dinner with him. I had a chance to sit in the cockpit for a bit. It's a neat old airplane.

7fb2f27b7aeb80d822aa8ed2089aa9d2.jpg

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    On my work travels today I heard a radio ad for AE Ammo having a sale on Blazer Brass 9mm for $12.49/box. I had never heard of them before but that’s about the best price I’ve seen around. They were only a few minutes out the way on my route home so I stopped and picked up a few boxes. Neat little ammo store and fair prices, but no guns and no reloading stuff.

I saw a LGS, Atkinson’s (I think), around the corner. I stopped in there and handled a FN Reflex and 365X. Sadly, no CZs. Reviews and reading about Reflex peaked my interest. It’s a micro compact with an internal hammer design. Similar size to a 365. I had mixed feelings about it. Trigger is very decent for a Micro. Grip felt good. Nice sights. But the mag release was very stiff and the mag would not seat home unless smacked. Maybe the mag release and mag seating is better on others but that turned me off. The 365X was nice. Trigger was not as nice as the Reflex. I still have issues with my middle finger impeding the back side of the mag release when pressed, unless I adjust my grip. I need to try a 365 with WC grip module.
    By the way was the Blazer Brass 124 grain or 115?

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    :wow: That is super cool ! 2 engines ?
    It's a Cessna 402 twin. His company flies both those and the new Tecnam P2022. The Tecnam is like a cargo box truck with wings, but it's got state of the art electronics. He much prefers the older 402s since they fly like a big sports car compared with the Tecnams. Passengers much prefer the Tecnams though.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    No problem. I’m curious, do you prefer 115 or 124 and why?
    When I can buy 124 grain for the same price as 115, I'll opt for 124 grain. Generally carry 124 grain jhp for defense ammo, so closer to mimicking that. Not a big deal as I do shoot plenty of 115 as it's usually more common for low cost range ammo.

124 grain tends to cycle with a little more authority, but none of my guns really have any trouble with 115. Back when I was shooting Glocks, it seemed like the lower power 115 range ammo would bounce a little more brass off my head.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    When I can buy 124 grain for the same price as 115, I'll opt for 124 grain. Generally carry 124 grain jhp for defense ammo, so closer to mimicking that. Not a big deal as I do shoot plenty of 115 as it's usually more common for low cost range ammo.

124 grain tends to cycle with a little more authority, but none of my guns really have any trouble with 115. Back when I was shooting G*****, it seemed like the lower power 115 range ammo would bounce a little more brass off my head.

FIFY

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom