TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    Knife ordered. Pics when it comes in.

Worked with our INGO supporting vendor Edged Tools, who was gracious enough to answer many questions via PM right here on INGO.

Now I just need to find someone to sharpen my current EDC so it can be a good backup.
    @Edged Tools is awesome to work with and buy from.

As to sharpening ... that's a DYI project. There are many, many sharpening systems out there. Start with one, if it doesn't work, try another.

I use the Razor Edge system ( https://shop.razoredgesystems.com/ ). Maybe someday Santa will bring me a Wicked Edge system ( https://wickededgeusa.com/ ).

If nothing else, start with John Juranitch's book 'The Razor Edge Book of Sharpening' ( https://shop.razoredgesystems.com/collections/books/products/razor-edge-book-of-sharpening ). You'll know better what it takes to create a really sharp edge on all sorts of cutting tools.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg

Almost ran out of day again but she is home. P229 in 357 sig. This one is 88s fault (yea, I keep a list).

It’s a chunky monkey compared to a CZ compact.

Love the look of the wood grips but might go with some G10s.

062e5574182117ce6d10c15c494e2550.jpg

0a7517fe5c8fd44b9981d81d90bba3d1.jpg

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Almost ran out of day again but she is home. P229 in 357 sig. This one is 88s fault (yea, I keep a list).

It’s a chunky monkey compared to a CZ compact.

Love the look of the wood grips but might go with some G10s.

062e5574182117ce6d10c15c494e2550.jpg

0a7517fe5c8fd44b9981d81d90bba3d1.jpg

You have found perfection ! (just like my 229) :alright:
    Those look similar to the (expensive) grips that I put on mine, but rather quickly removed. It might just be 'old hands', but the big wood grips made it difficult for me to manipulate the decocking lever.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    You have found perfection ! (just like my 229) :alright:
    Those look similar to the (expensive) grips that I put on mine, but rather quickly removed. It might just be 'old hands', but the big wood grips made it difficult for me to manipulate the decocking lever.
    I have G10 Hogues on my other Sigs. Makes a world of difference (to me ) even though wood is the look!

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I have G10 Hogues on my other Sigs. Makes a world of difference (to me ) even though wood is the look!

Exactly .... the "look". I loved it, but I had to shift my grip to work the decocker, and returned to the stock rubber sig panels.
    I found my photo with the wooden grips .... yup, it makes it a 'looker' !

1692392937477.png

Firehawk

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    On my work travels today I heard a radio ad for AE Ammo having a sale on Blazer Brass 9mm for $12.49/box. I had never heard of them before but that’s about the best price I’ve seen around. They were only a few minutes out the way on my route home so I stopped and picked up a few boxes. Neat little ammo store and fair prices, but no guns and no reloading stuff.

I saw a LGS, Atkinson’s (I think), around the corner. I stopped in there and handled a FN Reflex and 365X. Sadly, no CZs. Reviews and reading about Reflex peaked my interest. It’s a micro compact with an internal hammer design. Similar size to a 365. I had mixed feelings about it. Trigger is very decent for a Micro. Grip felt good. Nice sights. But the mag release was very stiff and the mag would not seat home unless smacked. Maybe the mag release and mag seating is better on others but that turned me off. The 365X was nice. Trigger was not as nice as the Reflex. I still have issues with my middle finger impeding the back side of the mag release when pressed, unless I adjust my grip. I need to try a 365 with WC grip module.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    On my work travels today I heard a radio ad for AE Ammo having a sale on Blazer Brass 9mm for $12.49/box. I had never heard of them before but that’s about the best price I’ve seen around. They were only a few minutes out the way on my route home so I stopped and picked up a few boxes. Neat little ammo store and fair prices, but no guns and no reloading stuff.

I saw a LGS, Atkinson’s (I think), around the corner. I stopped in there and handled a FN Reflex and 365X. Sadly, no CZs. Reviews and reading about Reflex peaked my interest. It’s a micro compact with an internal hammer design. Similar size to a 365. I had mixed feelings about it. Trigger is very decent for a Micro. Grip felt good. Nice sights. But the mag release was very stiff and the mag would not seat home unless smacked. Maybe the mag release and mag seating is better on others but that turned me off. The 365X was nice. Trigger was not as nice as the Reflex. I still have issues with my middle finger impeding the back side of the mag release when pressed, unless I adjust my grip. I need to try a 365 with WC grip module.
    AE is an advertiser on here.
    Very very fast free shipping, or you can go there and pay cash.
    Nice to have options, and there prices have been very hard to beat for a while now.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

AEAMMO is a good shop, and have good prices. Nice to have a well priced, fairly local ammo shop. I may have to make my way down there this weekend now that they have some Blazer brass. Been waiting for some of that or some PMC to come in there at decent prices. Last time I was there they mentioned it coming soon.

Atkinson's is a nice enough store, but a bit high on pricing on the few items I checked out last time I was in.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    AE is an advertiser on here.
    Very very fast free shipping, or you can go there and pay cash.
    Nice to have options, and there prices have been very hard to beat for a while now.
    They also have a rewards program. I think once you accumulate a $500 spend you get $10 off next purchase, at least in store.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom