THE CZickness L....Celebrating 50 threads with CZs, gunsmoke and serious discussion....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Top strap cutting and end shake I understand. Educate me please, what do you look for with the forcing cone?
    Short answer: A heavy dose of 357 mag full house loads in a K-frame (and other platforms) or timing issues can cause cracking, leading etc. Pretty rare in my limited experience...

1678736427217.png

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    $300 for a empty tank is not that bad. I’ve seen used ones going for $275.
    It is when you paid that much for the welder itself. I'm starting from scratch and I wasn't expecting almost $400 for gas. I had to buy a welder, helmet, wire, gloves, apron, nozzle dip, etc. I still need a cart too, Harbor Freight was out when I stopped by. And I need a regulator for the cylinder.

I'm not in the industrial field for work, so I had no idea what some of this stuff cost. Again, sticker shock. And **** poor planning on my part. I just wanted a slightly better setup than the cheap $100 harbor freight gasless mig welder I had years ago. Didn't think I was gonna have almost $1k in a budget Mig Welding setup. My ignorance. I haven't been around welding equipment in a very long time.

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    It is when you paid that much for the welder itself. I'm starting from scratch and I wasn't expecting almost $400 for gas. I had to buy a welder, helmet, wire, gloves, apron, nozzle dip, etc. I still need a cart too, Harbor Freight was out when I stopped by. And I need a regulator for the cylinder.

I'm not in the industrial field for work, so I had no idea what some of this stuff cost. Again, sticker shock. And **** poor planning on my part. I just wanted a slightly better setup than the cheap $100 harbor freight gasless mig welder I had years ago. Didn't think I was gonna have almost $1k in a budget Mig Welding setup. My ignorance. I haven't been around welding equipment in a very long time.
    Did you purchase it new or used?

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    YESWELDER Digital MIG-205DS

MIG Welder,200Amp 110/220V Dual Voltage, Gas Gasless MIG Welding Machine MIG/Lift TIG/ARC 3 in 1 Multiprocess Aluminum MIG Welder, Spool Gun Compatible
    Very nice welder. I would just run the flux core wire and save up for your gas tank. $40 for the Regulator/Flow Meter is cheap. You will get there Travis...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom