THE CZickness L....Celebrating 50 threads with CZs, gunsmoke and serious discussion....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Morning all
    My schedule is all messed up this week. The daughter has started a new job (2nd shift) and I am providing transport which means I am picking her up at 3:30am. Not even close to ideal for me but it is the first job she has had in over a decade and I want her to keep it.

The things we do for our kids... ;)

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Moderation?

Next you are going to tell me I only need one pistol, one rifle and one shotgun. :stickpoke:
    but you are right. Moderation is the key. I have cut out sugar and am working on weight. Down about 12 pounds. Doc and I agreed on 40 by end of the year.
    I've dropped a couple pounds myself lately. I'm 3lbs from a 22 year milestone and after that, I'll be closing in on the weight I was at in basic training.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Mickey? Is that you?
    2yy44n.jpg

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Heaviest I've ever been. Break a sweat doing laundry. Everything hurts. Working from home for 3 years and being stuck in my career has pretty much ruined me. But hey, I have cool stuff, a couch and a TV.

Sorry, pity party. Now ya'll know why I've been absent so much. Losing interest in just about everything.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    265lbs and miserable. Too lazy to do anything about it. Can't seem to break the cycle.
    What I've been doing lately feels sustainable to me. It's not really a specific diet, but just paying attention to what my body works well with and what it does not. Once you've mostly eliminated what your body struggles with, it's not hard to stick with what does work. Eat something sugary and you immediately feel it. Pretty soon, you lose the desire to have it. I've cut way back on sugar, grains and dairy. If I eat anything with a lot of any of those, I feel like I ate a rock.

A plus is that my energy level is way up now days. I've struggled with less mental fog that had been dogging me for a long time. I thought it was just age, but a big part of it was the continual ingestion of crap that my body fights. The weight loss is just a bonus right now. My original goal was just to be under 170. Then, it was 165 when I blew past 170. Now, it's 155.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Heaviest I've ever been. Break a sweat doing laundry. Everything hurts. Working from home for 3 years and being stuck in my career has pretty much ruined me. But hey, I have cool stuff, a couch and a TV.

Sorry, pity party. Now ya'll know why I've been absent so much. Losing interest in just about everything.
    I'm there with you in some ways. I struggle to not define myself by the job, but you can't. Too many external factors there. Need to keep the job going enough to fund life.

Warmer weather coming, and I just need to get my back to cooperate with being able to do some walking with fishing gear, and other activities.

That said, you seem to be digging into some new things and learning and developing skills in new areas, so sounds like you are doing more than surfing the couch, eating bon bons and watching TV.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom