THE CZickness L....Celebrating 50 threads with CZs, gunsmoke and serious discussion....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I am calling today “66 day”.

fde5c3a5909ec17771e6c2dfb12b3c87.jpg
    Did you finally get one, did I miss it?

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    You guys are prolific, i've been away so I was about 30 pages behind! I had to go to a 4 day army thing at Fort Custer in Michigan near Battle Creek and Kalamazoo, hadn't been there in years. I did get to do the new army qualification for the first time though, I like it. The old one was 20 rds prone supported, 10 rds prone unsupported and 10 rds kneeling. The new one consists of firing one round standing unsupported then going prone unsupported for the next nine, change magazines and 10 prone supported, move to supported kneeling for ten, and standing supported for 10 rds. The overall qual is still forty rounds but goes faster as you do all magazine changes on your own unprompted now. The number of targets at one time has increased too so less wait time waiting for pop-ups. Some iterations will have 2, 3 and up to four targets present. In true military fashion though it was in the 20's and freezing rain with muddy wet shooting positions. We did get new M4A1's and Aimpoint Comp M5's though.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Concerning the Phantom I picked up not dropping mags out... the googler led me to many conversations stating that factory Phantom mags, as well as the 16 round Meg Gars, will drop out, and others do not.

I tried 18 different mags last night, and "one" dropped out like it should. It was in the new batch of mags just purchased from the link in here from Dadsmith, and it was "identical" to about 8 other new ones and some used ones too.

I didn't get the calipers out yet, but will. I also plan on using some ID hole gauges to see if there's a certain tight spot in the magwell. I keep thinking some heat could remedy this problem, but potentially cause a lot of others.

Kinda disappointed...

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Did you finally get one, did I miss it?

Yep!!!!! I got frustrated with all the time spent looking so I went to GB to win. Only bid once at the end and chased all the sane people away.

It’s mint though. If it’s been fired, it hasn’t been much.

but now we are looking for a P229 in 357sig so your services are still needed. :-)

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    You guys are prolific, i've been away so I was about 30 pages behind! I had to go to a 4 day army thing at Fort Custer in Michigan near Battle Creek and Kalamazoo, hadn't been there in years. I did get to do the new army qualification for the first time though, I like it. The old one was 20 rds prone supported, 10 rds prone unsupported and 10 rds kneeling. The new one consists of firing one round standing unsupported then going prone unsupported for the next nine, change magazines and 10 prone supported, move to supported kneeling for ten, and standing supported for 10 rds. The overall qual is still forty rounds but goes faster as you do all magazine changes on your own unprompted now. The number of targets at one time has increased too so less wait time waiting for pop-ups. Some iterations will have 2, 3 and up to four targets present. In true military fashion though it was in the 20's and freezing rain with muddy wet shooting positions. We did get new M4A1's and Aimpoint Comp M5's though.
    Ok dumb question time...
    What is prone unsupported and prone supported? I can only envision my elbow as support, and can't envision not using it either.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    Concerning the Phantom I picked up not dropping mags out... the googler led me to many conversations stating that factory Phantom mags, as well as the 16 round Meg Gars, will drop out, and others do not.

I tried 18 different mags last night, and "one" dropped out like it should. It was in the new batch of mags just purchased from the link in here from Dadsmith, and it was "identical" to about 8 other new ones and some used ones too.

I didn't get the calipers out yet, but will. I also plan on using some ID hole gauges to see if there's a certain tight spot in the magwell. I keep thinking some heat could remedy this problem, but potentially cause a lot of others.

Kinda disappointed...
    Pull the slide and might try a dry erase marker on the mag and see where the hang up is? Not sure if dykem would stain the frame? I might try sandpaper before heat?

Not a slight hang on the mag release?

Sound like something is off just a smidge.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Ok dumb question time...
    What is prone unsupported and prone supported? I can only envision my elbow as support, and can't envision not using it either.
    Prone unsupported is just as you say, up on your elbows with no sand bags or other support but I typically use my magazine like a little monopod, prone supported is usually sand bags or the newer rubber blocks which I like better.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    Pull the slide and might try a dry erase marker on the mag and see where the hang up is? Not sure if dykem would stain the frame? I might try sandpaper before heat?

Not a slight hang on the mag release?

Sound like something is off just a smidge.
    The mag release isn't as smooth as I'd like so I am going to look at that, but can't tell that that's the source of the problem. the mags bump out just a bit upon release, but then don't fall out.
    I think another suggested baby powder to find a rub mark, but the marker is a good idea too, thanks.

What I had envisioned doing when I first got the pistol was getting something like CZ OEM rubber grips (or a LOK G10) mounted on the frame, but that would really weaken the whole frame the way I was envisioning doing it.
    So, moving slowly, one thing at a time.

Last edited:

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    The mag release isn't as smooth as I'd like so I am going to look at that, but can't tell that that's the source of the problem. the mags bump out just a bit upon release, but then don't fall out.
    I think another suggested baby powder to find a rub mark, but the marker is a good idea too, thanks.

What I had envisioned doing when I first got the pistol was getting something like CZ OEM rubber grips (or a LOK G10) mounted on the frame, but that would really weaken the whole frame the way I was envisioning doing it.
    So, moving slowly, one thing at a time.
    You'll work it out and don't be too disappointed. When I got my Phantom, I thought the trigger was so terrible it couldn't possibly be made right and I traded it off. A couple owners and trips to the Wizard later and it is now back in my safe as a favorite.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    It was much worse when Monica lived here. She slept poorly and had horrible sleep habits (couldn't get ready for bed in a reasonable manner so that we could get 8 hours of sleep). On top of that she was working a schedule that got us up at 5am every morning by her screeching alarm. Now I go to bed at 10 or 11 and sleep until my body wakes me. If I read for ~30 minutes before bed, I fall asleep right away and sleep pretty soundly. I don't have an alarm any day except Saturday when I meet you and the other guys for breakfast. It's much more peaceful and I'm starting to get to the point where I can naturally get 7 or 8 hours of sleep a night.
    Nerve meds have been doing wonders for pain reduction this week (so far, along with steroids) and between that and the effect of the meds themselves, been sleeping much more solidly this last week.
    Wife being out of town for the last week probably helped as well a bit (similar reasons to you)

That said, I normally sleep very lightly and can hear a gnat pass gas at night (except for maybe the first hour or so of sleep) and in some ways it concerns me a bit that I'm not quite as easily alerted at night with the back pain meds in the mix.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    That said, I normally sleep very lightly and can hear a gnat pass gas at night (except for maybe the first hour or so of sleep) and in some ways it concerns me a bit that I'm not quite as easily alerted at night with the back pain meds in the mix.

Yep, same here. I hate being such a light sleeper, but it is what it is. I still wake a couple times a night, but at least I'm sleeping better now than I have been recently. Hopefully your back pain will ease soon so that you can sleep better going forward.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    Nerve meds have been doing wonders for pain reduction this week (so far, along with steroids) and between that and the effect of the meds themselves, been sleeping much more solidly this last week.
    Wife being out of town for the last week probably helped as well a bit (similar reasons to you)

I’m pretty sure the cure for being worried about back pain meds in the mix is more back pain meds.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    Morning all
    My schedule is all messed up this week. The daughter has started a new job (2nd shift) and I am providing transport which means I am picking her up at 3:30am. Not even close to ideal for me but it is the first job she has had in over a decade and I want her to keep it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom