Not open for further replies.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    One of us needs to invest in a laser engraver. Either that, or we need to infect a laser engraver with the Czickness and bring them on board (machine in tow).

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Rusty Jr. :lmfao:

Pretty freaking scary huh.

88 I never thought about that. The possibility that our work and efforts could still be in shooters hands years down the road.
    Kind of tears a fella up.

I am loading out for the range tonight. Get to use my new pistol case. So far it is a seriously nice addition to my gear.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN

88 I never thought about that. The possibility that our work and efforts could still be in shooters hands years down the road.

I am loading out for the range tonight. Get to use my new pistol case. So far it is a seriously nice addition to my gear.

I'm sure that our efforts will be appreciated in the future. Without some way to identify a gun that a reputable craftsman worked on or visionary commissioned (that would be you BA), it will just be some gun that seems to have an extra nice trigger. Some day, someone might notice the little CM stamp on the base of the grip and realize that they scored a CM tuned 1911. Kind of like buying a gun and noticing 'CHOW' stamped on the frame. Even if you don't end up famous, it will still mark your guns as something special.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN

I can't wait to have a bunch of little Rusty's and Rustyettes running around!

I think about these things all the time. I once heard someone say, "I do not own these things, they own me. I am just the temporary keeper of them." That's the way I look at it when it comes to firearms, bicycles, cars or whatever else. I'm just here to take care of the stuff while I can. At some point someone else will hopefully step up and fill that role.

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    Just got in from giving the AR a much needed and long overdue workout. It is pretty cold out with the wind, especially so since I forgot gloves. The cold was getting to me when I was setting everything up but when I started shooting it was completely out of mind. I got into guns when I lived in Florida and this is my first winter back in Indiana, so this was my first experience with cold-ish shooting. Look forward to shooting in the snow, I'll try to remember gloves though.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I think about that stuff all of the time too. I wonder who will own my '69 Spider 50 years from now when it's approaching it's hundredth birthday. It won't be me and it may not be one of my son's at that point. But, I think it's a survivor and will still be around somewhere. Same goes with pistols. In 50 years, the poly guns will have long since become embrittled and been tossed out but there's no reason to think that my tricked out Delta Elite with the mammoth ivory will not still be in someone's collection. Same goes for some of the CZs. They will still be around in somone's collection. My hope is that in 50 years, my grandson (don't have one of those yet) will be teaching his grandson to shoot the 1911s while explaining that the gun has been protecting family members for decades. I don't mind if my great grand-kids think of me as a badass for carrying a 10mm 1911. We are in the midst of the good old days of the future. The stuff we pass down to our heirs will be what helps them understand who we were and what we felt was important.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Just got in from giving the AR a much needed and long overdue workout. It is pretty cold out with the wind, especially so since I forgot gloves. The cold was getting to me when I was setting everything up but when I started shooting it was completely out of mind. I got into guns when I lived in Florida and this is my first winter back in Indiana, so this was my first experience with cold-ish shooting. Look forward to shooting in the snow, I'll try to remember gloves though.

I've found the same thing to be true: It feels cold until you start shooting and then you don't notice it anymore. Some of my favorite range trips have been in the cold. One year, I took the day off on my birthday and spent the entire day alone at MCFG in the pistol bays. It never got above 10 degrees but I never felt cold. I was just running gun after gun having a ball.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I think about that stuff all of the time too. I wonder who will own my '69 Spider 50 years from now when it's approaching it's hundredth birthday. It won't be me and it may not be one of my son's at that point. But, I think it's a survivor and will still be around somewhere. Same goes with pistols. In 50 years, the poly guns will have long since become embrittled and been tossed out but there's no reason to think that my tricked out Delta Elite with the mammoth ivory will not still be in someone's collection. Same goes for some of the CZs. They will still be around in somone's collection. My hope is that in 50 years, my grandson (don't have one of those yet) will be teaching his grandson to shoot the 1911s while explaining that the gun has been protecting family members for decades. I don't mind if my great grand-kids think of me as a badass for carrying a 10mm 1911. We are in the midst of the good old days of the future. The stuff we pass down to our heirs will be what helps them understand who we were and what we felt was important.
    Well said!

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    As far as the cold weather, this is the first year I've ever been bothered by it. I do enjoy shooting rifles in winter though, really looking forward to T-DOGG and I's New Year's Day range trip. Last year it was right around 0 degrees with strong winds and a little bit of snow. We spent 8 hours out there. Froze our nuts off, but had a blast! That was when I had just got my Ruger CMD, now CMs, put around 400 rounds through it that day. Gave me fits the whole time...

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Held a CZ 97 this afternoon,,no thanks, what a effn brick!

They are on the large side. I used to have one and while it was a nice gun, I sold it before I knew that CGW existed. I am guessing that if I had done the reach reduction kit, short reset kit and had access to the grips available today, I might still have it.

maansmit

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    Greenfield
    As far as the cold weather, this is the first year I've ever been bothered by it. I do enjoy shooting rifles in winter though, really looking forward to T-DOGG and I's New Year's Day range trip. Last year it was right around 0 degrees with strong winds and a little bit of snow. We spent 8 hours out there. Froze our nuts off, but had a blast! That was when I had just got my Ruger CMD, now CMs, put around 400 rounds through it that day. Gave me fits the whole time...

I am shooting at my brothers Sunday. Weather doesn't look awesome.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom