Not open for further replies.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Back from the eye appointment. It was a fast process today, but the right eye still burns from the stuff they squirt in after the shot to prevent infections. That, and it looks like they injected milk in the eye. It's the same process each time and by noon, it will be mostly normal again.

A sad day for my go to platform. Sad man, just sad.
    Don't worry, the CCO is still the most carried gun this year. The P01 is gaining fast though, but with the cold weather, I'll probably opt for bigger than 9mm most of the time. Today's carry is a compact .45 1911.

I absolutely love how ate up you are. ;)

Last month was probably equally split between Omaha, the Ghost and Deuce.

It's a sickness I think.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I need to set aside a little cash for a Cerakote job. The gun will probably arrive tomorrow or Saturday. Will have to get it taken down to parade rest and cleaned up.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Back from the eye appointment. It was a fast process today, but the right eye still burns from the stuff they squirt in after the shot to prevent infections. That, and it looks like they injected milk in the eye. It's the same process each time and by noon, it will be mostly normal again.

Don't worry, the CCO is still the most carried gun this year. The P01 is gaining fast though, but with the cold weather, I'll probably opt for bigger than 9mm most of the time. Today's carry is a compact .45 1911.

It's a sickness I think.

Well, you aren't naming your guns yet. ;)

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Hey BA, have you considered having the guns names laser engraved? It would be kind of cool to happen across the Ghost years from now in a gun shop as the collections churn. With a bit of laser engraving, the Ghost, T&T and others would always retain their identity.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Hey BA, have you considered having the guns names laser engraved? It would be kind of cool to happen across the Ghost years from now in a gun shop as the collections churn. With a bit of laser engraving, the Ghost, T&T and others would always retain their identity.

No, I hadn't thought of that. But, I plan to have most of these until the end. ;)

Then some friends of mine are going to have a very good day.

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    BA naming his guns is mostly because I have trouble remembering which one he is talking about without having a scorecard in hand! At times I still get confused but it does help me since the number Cajunized is over 40psyko

TWEAKD4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    NE Indiana
    I like to live vicariously through you crazy guys. My gun collection is pathetic compared to this groups but I enjoy seeing what everyone has brewing.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I like to live vicariously through you crazy guys. My gun collection is pathetic compared to this groups but I enjoy seeing what everyone has brewing.

You're just at a different place upon the path. I don't believe in looking up to someone or down on someone because of how many material objects they have or have not managed to accumulate. I happen to be in a position where I have very few responsibilities anymore. That allows me to accumulate stuff. But I do it so that we can all enjoy it when we get together. That's the fun in all this.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    You're just at a different place upon the path. I don't believe in looking up to someone or down on someone because of how many material objects they have or have not managed to accumulate. I happen to be in a position where I have very few responsibilities anymore. That allows me to accumulate stuff. But I do it so that we can all enjoy it when we get together. That's the fun in all this.

Almost as enjoyable to see someone enjoy shooting one of my guns as it is in owning the gun... :thumbsup:

TWEAKD4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    NE Indiana
    It isn't about accumulating things but seeing the excitement of it all. Like seeing my kids open Christmas gifts. I am more happy watching their joy of what they got.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Almost as enjoyable to see someone enjoy shooting one of my guns as it is in owning the gun... :thumbsup:

Buying one of the surplus guns is like a blank canvas. You get to put it together to match your vision. Then you get to share it with your friends. That's it right there. That's what it's all about.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Buying one of the surplus guns is like a blank canvas. You get to put it together to match your vision. Then you get to share it with your friends. That's it right there. That's what it's all about.
    I wish I had friends....

Speaking of surplus guns, I fondled the Rat Rod last night. I haven't touched it since I got upset with myself for bubbaing it all up...

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Hey, as long as it still runs, you are fine. I used to worry about losing the mag break and leaving the main spring exposed, but then noticed on my P07/P09s that the factory left them exposed too.

I still think that some day, 30 years from now, it would be cool for one of the kids here to be perusing a gun shop with their kid (call him Rusty Jr) and happen across an old CZ 75 and realize that it's the old 'Ghost' that BA had all those years ago. Same goes for The Wizard's, CM's and AllenM's creations. They are forever different than their stock siblings and should be permanently marked as having been breathed on by a craftsman. We have had guns that left the family before and if I were looking at guns at a shop, I would love to know if one of them was one of our lost kids.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom