Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I need to do a better job of cleaning. I went to clean my Legion this weekend and found that there was actual sludge built up. Guess I shouldn't have let 1k rounds go through without cleaning it :(

Are we going to have to have the talk again.....:):

I have been a bit lax lately. I might go 2 range trips before tear down/clean up but that is usually about 100 rounds or so per gun.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    The Wizard has been having this issue with his Witness 10mm. The safety is the rocker style and he is going to have to get a smaller one.

I thought about getting a smaller slide lock for my Legion. If I grip it the way I do a 1911, the slide fails to lock back on the last round. If I put less pressure on the safety and adjust my grip just a bit, I have no issues. I've seen this discussed on the Sig forums and a smaller slide lock from a P224 (?) fixes the issue. Just haven't gotten around to ordering it yet.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I thought about getting a smaller slide lock for my Legion. If I grip it the way I do a 1911, the slide fails to lock back on the last round. If I put less pressure on the safety and adjust my grip just a bit, I have no issues. I've seen this discussed on the Sig forums and a smaller slide lock from a P224 (?) fixes the issue. Just haven't gotten around to ordering it yet.

Can you modify the one in the gun.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Can you modify the one in the gun.

Not sure. From the discussion in the Sig forum, the slide lock in the gun is a little too big/too close to the safety. Putting the smaller one in or adjusting the grip slightly are the only two fixes I've read about, though I'm assuming a modification would work as well... :dunno:

OK......good answer.....:lmfao:

For what it's worth, the gun has had zero issues and that's after ~2k rounds through it so far. At least 1k of that has been between cleanings, so I'm pretty confident of the reliability of the gun.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Not sure. From the discussion in the Sig forum, the slide lock in the gun is a little too big/too close to the safety. Putting the smaller one in or adjusting the grip slightly are the only two fixes I've read about, though I'm assuming a modification would work as well... :dunno:

For what it's worth, the gun has had zero issues and that's after ~2k rounds through it so far. At least 1k of that has been between cleanings, so I'm pretty confident of the reliability of the gun.

Thing to remember.......dirt is abusive to the internals. If you buy a good gun like a Sig reliability is designed into it from the box.
    To let the gun run sludged up can cause issues outside just firing every time you pull the trigger. Sludge is abrasive.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Not sure of the lay out. Just curious.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Thing to remember.......dirt is abusive to the internals. If you buy a good gun like a Sig reliability is designed into it from the box.
    To let the gun run sludged up can cause issues outside just firing every time you pull the trigger. Sludge is abrasive.

Yep, which is why when I realized it I broke it down and gave it a thorough cleaning. I'm now planning to clean all guns every other time they go to the range. I have a spreadsheet I've created to help me keep track, cause IT nerd... :):

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Not sure of the lay out. Just curious.

A bit blurry, but I think you can make it out:

Legion%20Safety_zpseeqa2vdf.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.