Monticello

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    A vacation would be nice. But I only get one week a year and I have to save it for if I have another heart attack. :dunno:

One week would have been tough to live with in my old job. There were times when 5 days straight seemed excessive, but after 20 years doing pretty much the same thing, I was burned out. Hopefully the vacation situation improves for you BA.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Retirement for me means no longer just riding along in comfort, no longer just taking the easy way out. Retirement means starting that hustle that is self employment, a dream that I've had for as far as I can remember. It will be hard, I will struggle, but it's something that I NEED to do. Not because I want to, but I need to prove it to myself that I can make it work.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Retirement for me means no longer just riding along in comfort, no longer just taking the easy way out. Retirement means starting that hustle that is self employment, a dream that I've had for as far as I can remember. It will be hard, I will struggle, but it's something that I NEED to do. Not because I want to, but I need to prove it to myself that I can make it work.

You have talent and drive. As long as you can handle the finances you should do great.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Yeah, I have discovered that they are quite needy. They always need to be fed, cleaned, etc...and don't even ask about the makeovers. :ugh:

I need to do a better job of cleaning. I went to clean my Legion this weekend and found that there was actual sludge built up. Guess I shouldn't have let 1k rounds go through without cleaning it :(

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I need to do a better job of cleaning. I went to clean my Legion this weekend and found that there was actual sludge built up. Guess I shouldn't have let 1k rounds go through without cleaning it :(

Hey, my LGS traded for a Legion in fotay. The price was in the sevens I think. Have any interest?

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Hey, my LGS traded for a Legion in fotay. The price was in the sevens I think. Have any interest?

No, but thank you for mentioning it. I want to buy another Legion SAO, to have a backup for my carry gun, but the SAO is only available in 9mm. I had thought about picking up one of the DA/SA versions in .40, but my P229 is filling that role reasonably well. I'll actually probably sell it at some point, as I'm not really happy with guns with decockers. Even though Sig puts their decocker out of the way, I still have to hold it different than what I prefer.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    No, but thank you for mentioning it. I want to buy another Legion SAO, to have a backup for my carry gun, but the SAO is only available in 9mm. I had thought about picking up one of the DA/SA versions in .40, but my P229 is filling that role reasonably well. I'll actually probably sell it at some point, as I'm not really happy with guns with decockers. Even though Sig puts their decocker out of the way, I still have to hold it different than what I prefer.
    The Wizard has been having this issue with his Witness 10mm. The safety is the rocker style and he is going to have to get a smaller one.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom