RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Looking forward to seeing it, Rusty.
    Me too! :):

Been a project that's been bugging me for awhile. Off of one of my good buddies rifles, it was painted white with house paint and someone put a "camo" job on it with sharpie.... He's got two of these rifles and this one came with two stocks so he told me to take my time... I promptly forgot about it and it's been sitting for awhile, I stripped it some time ago. Rediscovered it not to long ago and put it in a place where I couldn't miss it. Was waiting for the time...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I am 1 small roll pin away from completing the current AR.
    Gas tube retention pin that has somehow wondered off to that place where the odd socks are hiding.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    "Patiently" awaiting my parts in the mail, ordered last Thursday, received shipping notice on 1 of 3. Gave a heads up to my shipping/receiving lady today (Mom). She says with a sigh and a smile, "how much ammo this time". Love you Mom. :):

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I am 1 small roll pin away from completing the current AR.
    Gas tube retention pin that has somehow wondered off to that place where the odd socks are hiding.
    When I was building the pistol lower, I had a detent spring fly away. Thankfully I didn't have any music on a it was quiet, I heard it hit brass, then I had to go searching though a box of empty 45 brass.... I found it and all was right with the world!

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    "Patiently" awaiting my parts in the mail, ordered last Thursday, received shipping notice on 1 of 3. Gave a heads up to my shipping/receiving lady today (Mom). She says with a sigh and a smile, "how much ammo this time". Love you Mom. :):
    :) What about the other thing we are not supposed to talk about? Did that get discussed yet with the "other" one?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    When I was building the pistol lower, I had a detent spring fly away. Thankfully I didn't have any music on a it was quiet, I heard it hit brass, then I had to go searching though a box of empty 45 brass.... I found it and all was right with the world!

I have maybe 3 complete spring/pin sets in a parts drawer with spares for AR's.

I have the same for 1911's.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Today was a good day. 5 minutes after I came home, the UPS guy was here dropping off the brakes for my wife's car (not the fun part), 10 AR mags, 720 rounds of 5.56 and a pair of G21 mags. That was the last of my BF deals, so I can stop worrying about being home for shipments now. I think I might run the G21 and the P07/40 a bit on Friday. I'll probably take the CZ 1911 instead though, as my supply of loaded .45 is dwindling and the CZ 1911 is about as good a way to burn .45 as you can find.

On a different, yet related note, I don't think I've run my 300BO pistol since last spring. Once I ordered the suppressor for it last summer, I decided to save ammo until I got the stamp, but with all of the AR pistol love right now, I'm getting the itch to run the little guy again. I might have to find my way out to PointBlank one of these evenings.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Nice job Rusty. I never understand the guys that mess up a good rifle just because it's cheap. A cheap rifle is like a cheap hooker. Just because it did not cost much, it does not give you the right to abuse it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom