Not open for further replies.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I have a hard case. It isn't quite as fancy but it does hold eight.

IMG_0017_zps03kxfady.jpg
    You just need to get the family down to 8. :laugh:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks! :coffee:

What's the real benefit? Quiet while suppressed?

That's what I'm going for. I have a suppressor in jail right now waiting on a stamp. Once I get that and run it a bit, the 300BO will be the primary HD gun.

When I get the AR's out it is time to run them. I have 1 that is set up to reach out and it gets babied but the rest get ran.
    I have no desire to reload for those.

I enjoy reloading most stuff, but my two least favorite rounds to reload for are 9mm and .223. 9mm is a pain because of the tapered wall gives a harder pull on the press and messes up the feel of the system to me but .223 just takes a lot of time. There's a lot of steps with .223. I usually lube, size and deprime, then clean, dry and trim. All of that before I reload. With pistol brass, I just clean it, dry it and it's ready for reloading. Also, I can do 100 rounds of pistol ammo and the ammo does not seem to disappear as quickly as the .223 does at the range. It's easy to burn through an entire winter's reloading effort while having a fun day with an AR.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Morning folks! :coffee:

That's what I'm going for. I have a suppressor in jail right now waiting on a stamp. Once I get that and run it a bit, the 300BO will be the primary HD gun.

I enjoy reloading most stuff, but my two least favorite rounds to reload for are 9mm and .223. 9mm is a pain because of the tapered wall gives a harder pull on the press and messes up the feel of the system to me but .223 just takes a lot of time. There's a lot of steps with .223. I usually lube, size and deprime, then clean, dry and trim. All of that before I reload. With pistol brass, I just clean it, dry it and it's ready for reloading. Also, I can do 100 rounds of pistol ammo and the ammo does not seem to disappear as quickly as the .223 does at the range. It's easy to burn through an entire winter's reloading effort while having a fun day with an AR.

(3) 30 round mag dumps and 100 aint Poo

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning BA, Rusty and Tom!

I think it is in some places. I'm not so sure about Indiana though. My memory may be off though but I do remember the days when a case of soda came in an actual wooden case and when the bottles were empty, you took the case and bottles back to get your deposit back.

il_570xN.159454571.jpg

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    My fall back plan is S&H Green Stamps. :yesway:

Those sure were simpler times. My family still uses utensils on Thanksgiving that were bought one piece at a time at the local Amoco station in Pittsburgh in the early '70s. I sure wish the gas stations today would have some type of thing like that going. You know, buy gas, get a pistol case?

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Those sure were simpler times. My family still uses utensils on Thanksgiving that were bought one piece at a time at the local Amoco station in Pittsburgh in the early '70s. I sure wish the gas stations today would have some type of thing like that going. You know, buy gas, get a pistol case?

Hey, that's a great idea.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Morning BA, Rusty and Tom!

I think it is in some places. I'm not so sure about Indiana though. My memory may be off though but I do remember the days when a case of soda came in an actual wooden case and when the bottles were empty, you took the case and bottles back to get your deposit back.

il_570xN.159454571.jpg

Yup.
    My stint as a sack boy at the local Krogers put me in the bottle room sorting the pop/beer bottles for return.
    The drivers would drop fresh product and then pick up the empty's.
    Nasty freaking job actually.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Some day, old Rusty will be telling the kids of the future about these good old days. He'll be telling them about how back in the day, you needed to fill your car with an explosive fluid to make it go, and then you had to actually drive it yourself. They'll laugh when he says how airplanes used to have to take a running start down a concrete strip miles long to get into the air and if they when too slow, they fell out of the sky.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Some day, old Rusty will be telling the kids of the future about these good old days. He'll be telling them about how back in the day, you needed to fill your car with an explosive fluid to make it go, and then you had to actually drive it yourself. They'll laugh when he says how airplanes used to have to take a running start down a concrete strip miles long to get into the air and if they when too slow, they fell out of the sky.
    :):

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom