Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The BD is in excellent shape. Well worth the money.

That was my opinion on it.
    It will be a sweetheart when you and the wiz wave the magic wand over it.

I will be doing some of the prelims on the RO tomorrow. Family is gathering later than usual at the BIL's so I am posting up at the bench and fitting some parts on the RO.
    The barrel bushing alone could take an hour. I am excited.

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    CM, I might have to copy your color selection and use it on my Cylinder & Slide build....Are you sticking with the Dawson front sight?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    CM, I might have to copy your color selection and use it on my Cylinder & Slide build....Are you sticking with the Dawson front sight?

I might be. After I set the barrel up with the new link/pin/bushing I will check with the bore laser and see what things look like.

Feel free to use the colors. Thing is you will have to mix the bronze to get that color. It is not out of the bottle.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Need recommendations on work boots. Wore my current pair out today. I usually just get some flavor of Wolverines and they do fine for me. Looked at buying new ones today and they will run me $100-$150 depending on what I get. I figure for that money, or maybe a little more, there might be something better out there. They need to be waterproof. Toe protection doesn't really matter. I just wear them when I'm working outside at the house, not in them daily for work or anything. What do you all like?

My last pair are Meindl's. Made for Cabelas but discontinued. Prolly gonna suck it up and spring for the real deal this next time. They run a little large. Had to order a half size smaller than normal but really comfortable.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My last pair are Meindl's. Made for Cabelas but discontinued. Prolly gonna suck it up and spring for the real deal this next time. They run a little large. Had to order a half size smaller than normal but really comfortable.

I can not order shoes.
    I have to try them on. Just have to.

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    I might be. After I set the barrel up with the new link/pin/bushing I will check with the bore laser and see what things look like.

Feel free to use the colors. Thing is you will have to mix the bronze to get that color. It is not out of the bottle.

It would make the trip to AllenM if it gets a re-color...thinking about a Dawson for it also, eyesight is not what it used to be.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Me too. I've been happy with my Wolverines, but I really do t know anything else. I looked and for about $75 or so more, I can get a decent pair of Red Wings. I've been told they are amazing.

I have worn Red Wings for years. Never had an issue.
    Expensive......but your feet carry you through life so wrap them up happy.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I think this may be why I've been having my recent back trouble.... Boots lose their support and I'm on my feet all day. Not a good situation.

I started buying the "Good" Red Wing Insoles with my new boots. They are the real deal.
    I could tell when they were on the down side and ready to be replaced. About a year. Replace the insole and near a new boot experience.
    Arch support is the key.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I will also recommend Redwings. My company pays up to $150 for new shoes every year, so I get Redwings. Most comfortable shoe/boot I've ever worn.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom