Not open for further replies.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I have three cerakote patterns/combinations whatever you want to call it, picked out. I have two stock guns currently and one that will be coming probably some time next week. The two guns I currently have aren't ones that will see a lot of carry. The one next week should if everything works out. I think I can be fairly certain that there will be more coming down the pike. Do I use these three patterns on the guns I have/will have or wait for ones that I will carry more?

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I have three cerakote patterns/combinations whatever you want to call it, picked out. I have two stock guns currently and one that will be coming probably some time next week. The two guns I currently have aren't ones that will see a lot of carry. The one next week should if everything works out. I think I can be fairly certain that there will be more coming down the pike. Do I use these three patterns on the guns I have/will have or wait for ones that I will carry more?

Personally, I would rather cerakote guns that don't get carried to keep the finish as nice as possible. Carry gun can and will get beat to heck, why do that to a gun you spent money refinishing?

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Too many? That is a concept I have trouble wrapping my arms around. Even now, I find myself thinking about picking up a couple of surplus guns to have on hand for future projects even though I've also told myself that 2017 is not going to be a big guy buying year. I've been thinking about picking up an Razorback for my birthday coming in Feb but that's also while I'll be in the midst of a winter refresh on the '69 Spider. The $1300 dollars for the Razorback could fund a new LSD for the '69 or an exhaust and chip for the new Spider. I really need to buy a lottery ticket one of these days.

But, a couple of surplus 75s might just keep me busy enough with upgrades and finishes to save me from buying other stuff I don't need.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Personally, I would rather cerakote guns that don't get carried to keep the finish as nice as possible. Carry gun can and will get beat to heck, why do that to a gun you spent money refinishing?

True. I've found the Cerakote finish to be very durable. I think, if properly applied, they should hold up pretty well. But, what you say does make a lot of sense. The thing is, I will most probably cerakote them all, I will just do different patterns.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    When the P-10 comes out, I may pick one up. Otherwise I have a few guns I want to upgrade, but not really anything else I need to buy. If I get the new job, I might reward myself by sending in my Sig TacOps to Sig and have them do an Action Enhancement Package on it. Then for my birthday in March (my 50th), I'll get either the SP-01 or 75B cajunized. I'm more interested in tweaking what I have until they are all quality pieces before picking something else up.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN

Blued guns get better looking with carry, but the CZ polycoat finish needs a whole lot of patina before it gets that worn in look. Normal carry just seems to make the polycoat look beat up, but not in a good way. I wish CZ would use the DutyCoat stuff that DW uses on their 1911s. Or, the black oxide finish on the CZ 1911 would be great on a CZ 75.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Too many? That is a concept I have trouble wrapping my arms around. Even now, I find myself thinking about picking up a couple of surplus guns to have on hand for future projects even though I've also told myself that 2017 is not going to be a big guy buying year. I've been thinking about picking up an Razorback for my birthday coming in Feb but that's also while I'll be in the midst of a winter refresh on the '69 Spider. The $1300 dollars for the Razorback could fund a new LSD for the '69 or an exhaust and chip for the new Spider. I really need to buy a lottery ticket one of these days.

But, a couple of surplus 75s might just keep me busy enough with upgrades and finishes to save me from buying other stuff I don't need.

Surplus guns rock. :rockwoot:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom