Not open for further replies.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    RAMI is the perfect size for me. I don't see myself ever carrying anything else, unless whey come out with a sub compact P07. I thought I'd try to carry the P07, but I have no interest in even getting a holster for it yet. It's one of my winter goals and I had hoped to make it my heavy clothing gun when I'm out plowing or making snow angels.

I would love for them to come out with a single stack 9.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I'm with you. With the notable exception of the Phantom, poly guns don't seem to hang around here for long.

I've grown to like the poly guns for those times when I'll likely to be hard on the finish of a gun. Times like when working on a car and crawling around on concrete. I don't mind dragging poly on concrete, but the idea of dragging one of the steel or aluminum framed guns on concrete just bothers me.

Someone say, Rat Rod? I fondled her last night as I was putting the new AR pistol in the safe. I need to dig back into that one. Speaking of finishes, the bare aluminum frame RAMI is wearing nicely, I love the texture it has. It is giving itself a little bit of a polish where the frame contacts the leather holster, not bad. The beauty of the blasted finish, it can be touched up easily with a detail strip and a trip in the blaster.

That's what I was meaning by 'a lot of patina' needed to make a polycoat look good with wear. Also, I blasted the aluminum frame on my Kimber compact last year and really have come to like the subtle two tone look of stainless over aluminum.

I live at the half cock notch. That's why I'm so picky about the DA triggers.

I took your advice years ago when you were showing my the satin nickel while buying the Rami from me and have carried the CZs at half cock ever since. That's also become my biggest concern with the P07/40 in that if that gun needs the factory hammer spring to run properly, then I might have to move it along because I don't know if I can live with the 10# pull that the factory spring gives. The 40P is something like 6# and is really sweet in comparison.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I have never seen the need to give up half the capacity to not really gain anything, but there are many people who that's all they will carry. They are the best sellers right now.

The main benefit to me is the ability to pocket carry a 9mm pistol. I could never pocket carry my Rami but my Sig 938 works quite well for that.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Hey Rusty, looking at your Rami has me thinking that I might try that with my 40P. That would look pretty nice in blasted aluminum if I used the P01 stock black rubber grips.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I have the Beast for days when I might get too rambunctious and hurt the finish on one. Those days are very rare.

The 40P would make an excellent carry gun with some updated sights.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I have never seen the need to give up half the capacity to not really gain anything, but there are many people who that's all they will carry. They are the best sellers right now.

The only time I use mine is when concealment is important. Movie theaters, things like that. The thinness of the Shield is hard to beat. I tried carrying double stack guns IWB and it just didn't work for me. The Shield is no problem. Of course, now I carry OWB all the time and don't worry about printing unless it's to the theater or something. I sloppy CC more than anything else, though I open carry a lot in the summer. That opens up a lot more for me to be able to carry, which is why the Shield doesn't get carried as much as it used to.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    My carry routine is about the same as your's Tom. I've gone with a shoulder holster in theaters though but it can be difficult if you get warm and cannot take your jacket off. I need to see if I can find a shoulder holster for the K2. That would be a good way to carry while shoveling snow.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Hey Rusty, looking at your Rami has me thinking that I might try that with my 40P. That would look pretty nice in blasted aluminum if I used the P01 stock black rubber grips.
    I have visions of doing a P01 like this. I don't have one of those though.... I've tried to convince someone up here that does, maybe I'll ask again.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom