The [Current Year] General Political/Salma Hayek discussion thread, part 4!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    We need an INGO montage of all the "best and brightest" that said he couldn't be president.

That was a great video.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    We need an INGO montage of all the "best and brightest" that said he couldn't be president.

That was a great video.

I think one of them is hiding in the Break Room and crying about this thread being cancer.
    I don't think he'll ever get over how Nate Silver broke his heart.

:laugh:

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I think one of them is hiding in the Break Room and crying about this thread being cancer.
    I don't think he'll ever get over how Nate Silver broke his heart.

:laugh:

Wow, that's a pretty cheap shot. Does that make you feel better about yourself? Do you think you impressed the right INGO clique with your subtle dig at another member's character?

I've met the guy in person and interacted online with him a bunch over the years. I have always found him to be witty and clever, a thoughtful and earnest student of the world we share, and genuine actor with an open mind on this forum. He finds interesting stories from all corners of the media and shares them with us, and much of the stuff he finds would never cross my screen otherwise.

He's not an ideologue, and he often adds a mediating tone and voice to conversations here that otherwise would, plainly put, be little more than the rehashing of partisan talking points.

That guy "crying in the break room" over nate silver :rolleyes: is a friend to INGO in general, and to me personally. If we had more people with his attitude, regardless of political affiliation, INGO would be that much better for it.

Attacking his character because you don't like his position says a lot more about you than it does about him.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Some folks could not ever give up their nevertrumper (now resist) mannerisms. They will never give up their quest for "told you so..." Their paths are easy to track.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Wow, that's a pretty cheap shot. Does that make you feel better about yourself? Do you think you impressed the right INGO clique with your subtle dig at another member's character?

I've met the guy in person and interacted online with him a bunch over the years. I have always found him to be witty and clever, a thoughtful and earnest student of the world we share, and genuine actor with an open mind on this forum. He finds interesting stories from all corners of the media and shares them with us, and much of the stuff he finds would never cross my screen otherwise.

He's not an ideologue, and he often adds a mediating tone and voice to conversations here that otherwise would, plainly put, be little more than the rehashing of partisan talking points.

That guy "crying in the break room" over nate silver :rolleyes: is a friend to INGO in general, and to me personally. If we had more people with his attitude, regardless of political affiliation, INGO would be that much better for it.

Attacking his character because you don't like his position says a lot more about you than it does about him.

What position would that be? The fetal position? :):

He's in the break room whining about how this thread is cancer. Despite your white knighting on his behalf, there is nothing inaccurate in what I posted. I remember the back and forth from the 2016 political season in this subforum, hence the Nate Silver reference.

Not sure which "clique" I belong to, but whichever one it it, I never received my membership card. I'm hoping it's the one that doesn't get their little feelings hurt over a joke. Because of all the things we may need in this tumultuous time in our nation's history, I'm betting that fragility isn't one of them.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota

Is somebody being nominated for Sainthood here?

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    What position would that be? The fetal position? :):

He's in the break room whining about how this thread is cancer. Despite your white knighting on his behalf, there is nothing inaccurate in what I posted. I remember the back and forth from the 2016 political season in this subforum, hence the Nate Silver reference.

Not sure which "clique" I belong to, but whichever one it it, I never received my membership card. I'm hoping it's the one that doesn't get their little feelings hurt over a joke. Because of all the things we may need in this tumultuous time in our nation's history, I'm betting that fragility isn't one of them.

Oh, the old motte and bailey fallacy..."I can't honestly defend my behavior, so I'll claim it's a joke." Classic!

Aren't jokes supposed to have an element of humor?

You float snide comments about long standing members of INGO to try to elevate your position among strangers...that isn't joking, its bullying and it is childish.

You don't like what he says? Tear down his arguments.

You don't like him? Put him on "ignore".

White knighting...lol, you're being a dick to my friend, and I'm calling you out for it. Get your head out of your ass for a change, man...fragility isn't the problem, a lack of civility and respect is.

You're part of that problem.

Last edited:

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Is somebody being nominated for Sainthood here?

No.

He's a genuinely good person and a good-faith actor on this forum. Things on INGO have gotten far too personal lately, and this is a good example. There is plenty to talk/argue/fight about out there in the big scary without resorting to turning on one another personally. It's poor form, and quite frankly, embarrassing to all of INGO.

I'm sick of it.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Oh, the old motte and bailey fallacy..."I can't honestly defend my behavior, so I'll claim it's a joke." Classic!

Aren't jokes supposed to have an element of humor?

You float snide comments about long standing members of INGO to try to elevate your position among strangers...that isn't joking, its bullying and it is childish.

You don't like what he says? Tear down his arguments.

You don't like him? Put him on "ignore".

White knighting...lol, you're being a dick to my friend, and I'm calling you out for it. Get your head out of your ass for a change, man...fragility isn't the problem, a lack of civility and respect is.

You're part of that problem.

Perhaps your advice [You don't like him? Put him on "ignore"] should be given a try by the other side of this divide, possibly including you. If they have to ignore too many people and their pages go white, perhaps that will tell them something they need to learn. If the pushback for voicing this is vigorous and I get ostracized, c'est la vie

I am unaware of that many people on INGO indicating they want a scold or one more biased news feed. They're not my Mom and they're not my pastor. If my better angels are going to come to the fore, it will not be because of pressure from others. It will be because minds I respect, acting without hubris, resonate with my own curiosity and objectivity (it does exist)

You might try for a little more Siddhartha and a bit less Torquemada. Honey or vinegar

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    91f.gif

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom