The [Current Year] General Political/Salma Hayek discussion thread, part 4!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    In other news...
    [FONT=&amp]President Trump has reportedly urged the U.S. postmaster general to double shipping rates for Amazon.com and other companies amid months of his continued criticism that the online retailer is costing the Postal Service "billions" of dollars in revenue.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]Trump has personally met with Postmaster General Megan Brennan multiple times since 2017 to petition her for a hike on rates for Amazon and other firms that ship packages, The Washington Post reported Friday, citing officials familiar with the conversations.[/FONT]
    http://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...-postmaster-general-to-double-rates-on-amazon

Just another "nothing to see here" situation? I mean nobody should possibly care that the president is trying to interefere with private business right? Everything, again, on the up and up, right? Absolutely nothing sinister about him wanting to to keep the USPS in businesses, by punishing it's competitors...

I mean, the fact that Amazon is owned by Jeff Bezos, who incidentally owns the Washington Post has nothing to do with it right?

Via Twitter:
    If @amazon ever had to pay fair taxes, its stock would crash and it would crumble like a paper bag. The @washingtonpost scam is saving it!
    -DJT
    So many stories about me in the @washingtonpost are Fake News. They are as bad as ratings challenged @CNN. Lobbyist for Amazon and taxes?
    -DJT
    Is Fake News Washington Post being used as a lobbyist weapon against Congress to keep Politicians from looking into Amazon no-tax monopoly?
    -DJT

:dunno:

Last edited:

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    A realistic scenario that I would be happy with? How about we start with baby steps, and just ask for a president that doesn't stand on the edge of a rooftop, do his "business," and then try to convince you it raining. Obviously a LOT of people are going to pull a Christopher Robin "tut, tut, it looks like rain," but for the people who don't kneel at the alter of Trump, hopefully they'll recognize it's just a guy ******* off a roof.
    So, you have nothing to offer on Korea. Whatever happens will be insufficient? I'm perfectly willing to say that the emperor has no clothes despite your inability to admit the same about his predecessor.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So, you have nothing to offer on Korea. Whatever happens will be insufficient? I'm perfectly willing to say that the emperor has no clothes despite your inability to admit the same about his predecessor.

I didn't say I had nothing to offer. I simply showed you what not to do. I figure, the president will eventually be embarrassed over North Korea. Despite all his talk, and amazingly, the amount of people willing to believe it, North Korea will not denuclearized. I would say past presidents have failed, but honestly have they? The only possible divergence in history, that I see that could have solved this, would have been Truman giving Mac the "OK" to use nuclear weapons on China.... which, probably ultimately would've been a bad idea. After that, with China being essentially the protector of North Korea, and us following Truman Doctrine until the late 80s, we were spread too thin. We had German, Cuba, Vietnam, Greece, Turkey, Afghanistan, most of Latin America to address... all during this time, North Korea stayed relative quiet.

The best course of action now, and probably has been since the end of the Korean War is that of containment. North Korea has at points been irrational, but they aren't crazy. The walk right up to the line, and then take a few steps back. It's very doubtful (or at least it was) that North Korea would ever use, or export it's weapons. If they did, they could surely expect that the end of Kim regime would be brought about quickly. The Kim's aren't suicidal, their first purpose is maintaining power, not setting the world on fire. The can't have both.

Keep the sanctions in place, and let technology run it's course. Eventually, tech will surpass their capabilities, and (hopefully) render their weapons moot. The world passing North Korea by will do far more harm, and bring them to their senses far more quickly, than legitimizing the regime with arms and peace summits, which they have no intent of being an honest participant.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    A realistic scenario that I would be happy with? How about we start with baby steps, and just ask for a [STRIKE]president[/STRIKE] [member of Democrat leadership] that doesn't stand on the edge of a rooftop, do his "business," and then try to convince you it raining. Obviously a LOT of people are going to pull a [STRIKE]Christopher Robin[/STRIKE] [Ta-Nahesi Coates] "tut, tut, it looks like [STRIKE]rain[/STRIKE] [racism]," but for the people who don't kneel at the alter of [STRIKE]Trump[/STRIKE] [identity politics], hopefully they'll recognize it's just a guy ******* off a roof.

With just a few 'adjustments', you've managed to capture the je ne sais quoi of us deplorables

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    With just a few 'adjustments', you've managed to capture the je ne sais quoi of us deplorables
    That’s actually a fair point.

I’d say, I’d rather have a president who is not as personally vile as Trump. But it’s vital at this point in our history that we have a president who doesn’t push us ever further towards Marxism, either economic or cultural. And one could argue that a president like Trump pushes people further to the left because that is a direction further from Trump.

But short of the Democrats giving up their “social justice” war, I don’t see them putting up a candidate who I can vote for. So likely the next election for me will not be a vote for more Trump. It will be a vote against more insane social justice.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    That’s actually a fair point.

I’d say, I’d rather have a president who is not as personally vile as Trump. But it’s vital at this point in our history that we have a president who doesn’t push us ever further towards Marxism, either economic or cultural. And one could argue that a president like Trump pushes people further to the left because that is a direction further from Trump.

But short of the Democrats giving up their “social justice” war, I don’t see them putting up a candidate who I can vote for. So likely the next election for me will not be a vote for more Trump. It will be a vote against more insane social justice.

Perhaps you are unfamiliar with the reference. If someone makes mention of "******* off a rooftop and tell you it's rain," you don't know what that means?

Kut (again, will take the blame for thinking something has an obvious meaning, when apparently it does not)

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    In other news...

http://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...-postmaster-general-to-double-rates-on-amazon

Just another "nothing to see here" situation? I mean nobody should possibly care that the president is trying to interefere with private business right? Everything, again, on the up and up, right? Absolutely nothing sinister about him wanting to to keep the USPS in businesses, by punishing it's competitors...

I mean, the fact that Amazon is owned by Jeff Bezos, who incidentally owns the Washington Post has nothing to do with it right?

Via Twitter:

:dunno:

Let's see now, does Amazon account for a large share of USPS business in package delivery?

USPS warns defection of three key customers could hurt package business ? DC Velocity
    USPS warns defection of three key customers could hurt package business

The three are big users of a USPS service known as "Parcel Select," where companies induct packages deep into the postal system for last-mile deliveries to residences. In its 2016 fiscal year, about 2.5 billion packages moved under Parcel Select, according to consultancy SJ Consulting. Amazon, the largest user, tendered about 1 billion packages; FedEx, through its "SmartPost" product, proffers about 600 million; and UPS, through a similar product called "SurePost," moves about 275 million, based on SJ data. The balance came from an amalgam of customers, notably "parcel consolidators" that aggregate packages from multiple shippers for tender to USPS.

Does the USPS lose money on carrying Amazon's water?

https://www.wsj.com/articles/why-the-post-office-gives-amazon-special-delivery-1522603826
    Why the Post Office Gives Amazon Special Delivery
    A Citigroup analysis finds each box gets a $1.46 subsidy. It’s like a gift card from Uncle Sam.

In 2007 the Postal Service and its regulator determined that, at a minimum, 5.5% of the agency’s fixed costs must be allocated to packages and similar products. A decade later, around 25% of its revenue comes from packages, but their share of fixed costs has not kept pace. First-class mail effectively subsidizes the national network, and the packages get a free ride. An April analysis from Citigroup estimates that if costs were fairly allocated, on average parcels would cost $1.46 more to deliver. It is as if every Amazon box comes with a dollar or two stapled to the packing slip—a gift card from Uncle Sam.

So, in summation, the problem exists and is pretty much as Trump stated it AND he is going after the firm that is contributing to the problem the most. So, OF COURSE its political? Wolf! Wolf! Wolf!

You know, there are 87 other keys on that piano (quite a few of them black). You could add a little variation to your music without changing the song that much :coffee:

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    This thread has got some similarities to a Dorian Gray painting. The most recent pic of Salma looks like this:

BeatrizatDinner_Trailer2-800x445.jpg

Perhaps clapping for Tinkerbell is in order.....

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    You know, there are 87 other keys on that piano (quite a few of them black). You could add a little variation to your music without changing the song that much :coffee:

No idea, why you would point that out.
    87 keys on a piano, and each one will allow you to change the tune.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Thank you for bolstering my point

ETA: So much of your criticism of Trump falls so flat, I likely incorrectly assumed what type of key you were already using. I plead guilty to major chordism/ivoryism

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Perhaps you are unfamiliar with the reference. If someone makes mention of "******* off a rooftop and tell you it's rain," you don't know what that means?

Kut (again, will take the blame for thinking something has an obvious meaning, when apparently it does not)
    Why would you assume I don’t get the reference? It’s a derivative of fairly old quote. Maybe you could hit closer to the mark if you make better assumptions.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Continuing, the president was on quite a twitter storm today:
    Things are really getting ridiculous. The Failing and Crooked (but not as Crooked as Hillary Clinton) @nytimes has done a long & boring story indicating that the World’s most expensive Witch Hunt has found nothing on Russia & me so now they are looking at the rest of the World!

....At what point does this soon to be $20,000,000 Witch Hunt, composed of 13 Angry and Heavily Conflicted Democrats and two people who have worked for Obama for 8 years, STOP! They have found no Collussion with Russia, No Obstruction, but they aren’t looking at the corruption...

...in the Hillary Clinton Campaign where she deleted 33,000 Emails, got $145,000,000 while Secretary of State, paid McCabes wife $700,000 (and got off the FBI hook along with Terry M) and so much more. Republicans and real Americans should start getting tough on this Scam.

Now that the Witch Hunt has given up on Russia and is looking at the rest of the World, they should easily be able to take it into the Mid-Term Elections where they can put some hurt on the Republican Party. Don’t worry about Dems FISA Abuse, missing Emails or Fraudulent Dossier!

What ever happened to the Server, at the center of so much Corruption, that the Democratic National Committee REFUSED to hand over to the hard charging (except in the case of Democrats) FBI? They broke into homes & offices early in the morning, but were afraid to take the Server?

....and why hasn’t the Podesta brother been charged and arrested, like others, after being forced to close down his very large and successful firm? Is it because he is a VERY well connected Democrat working in the Swamp of Washington, D.C.?

The guy is having a difficult day. Not a good look Mr. President.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Things are really getting ridiculous. The Failing and Crooked (but not as Crooked as Hillary Clinton) @nytimes has done a long & boring story indicating that the World’s most expensive Witch Hunt has found nothing on Russia & me so now they are looking at the rest of the World!

....At what point does this soon to be $20,000,000 Witch Hunt, composed of 13 Angry and Heavily Conflicted Democrats and two people who have worked for Obama for 8 years, STOP! They have found no Collussion with Russia, No Obstruction, but they aren’t looking at the corruption...

...in the Hillary Clinton Campaign where she deleted 33,000 Emails, got $145,000,000 while Secretary of State, paid McCabes wife $700,000 (and got off the FBI hook along with Terry M) and so much more. Republicans and real Americans should start getting tough on this Scam.

Now that the Witch Hunt has given up on Russia and is looking at the rest of the World, they should easily be able to take it into the Mid-Term Elections where they can put some hurt on the Republican Party. Don’t worry about Dems FISA Abuse, missing Emails or Fraudulent Dossier!

What ever happened to the Server, at the center of so much Corruption, that the Democratic National Committee REFUSED to hand over to the hard charging (except in the case of Democrats) FBI? They broke into homes & offices early in the morning, but were afraid to take the Server?

....and why hasn’t the Podesta brother been charged and arrested, like others, after being forced to close down his very large and successful firm? Is it because he is a VERY well connected Democrat working in the Swamp of Washington, D.C.?

[Still looking for quotes that aren't factual and correct.]

Not a good look Mr. President.
    [Manifestly true if Obama is the President you are referencing]

When you quoted me to try to move the discussion to more comfortable territory, you forgot to make a big deal about how it was an 'exception post'

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Now the president is demanding things...
    I hereby demand, and will do so officially tomorrow, that the Department of Justice look into whether or not the FBI/DOJ infiltrated or surveilled the Trump Campaign for Political Purposes - and if any such demands or requests were made by people within the Obama Administration!

I will not address whether or not the president has this power, I simply want to know that even if he did, should the president be directing law enforcement agencies based on his political agenda.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I will not address whether or not the president has this power, I simply want to know that even if he did, should the president be directing law enforcement agencies based on his political agenda.

A sitting President using government agencies to infiltrate the campaign of a Presidential candidate probably is a crime. I don't see any "political agenda" in investigating potential crimes.

Unlike "collusion," there is probably a statue against such a thing.

Burn it down, Mr. President. :rockwoot:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    A sitting President using government agencies to infiltrate the campaign of a Presidential candidate probably is a crime. I don't see any "political agenda" in investigating potential crimes.

Unlike "collusion," there is probably a statue against such a thing.

Burn it down, Mr. President. :rockwoot:

But there's an issue investigating "potential" crimes associated with a campaign? Also, as of yet, I have not seen any evidence of a sitting president using government agencies to infiltrate.... once again that is infiltrate a presidential campaign.

And I agree, I have my :popcorn: ....there's obviously someone going off his meds. I'm waiting for it to go off the rails.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Totally skipped most of this thread to open up a likely new area of discussion.

Traditionally, presidents were re-elected based on what they accomplished (or didn't) domestically. Foreign policy (which is one of my one personal interests) never seems to really count for very much in elections.

Applying that to Trump, things get strange. He's doing really well (IMHO) in that regard, in terms of foreign policy. But, domestically, he hasn't done much. Sure, there's plenty of room to blame Congress/Obama/Dems/RINOs/aliens, but the reality is that he's stalled.

So, it would be interesting if the guy that broke the rules about getting elected in the first place was able to break this other "rule" in getting re-elected.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey

Perhaps your point would be more valid, and hence more effective, were you to address the substance of the tweets, rather than just the existance of the tweets. And just for the record, I believe there's lots of difficult days in the near future for many of the swamp critters, as well as the fans of such critters.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom