The [Current Year] General Political/Salma Hayek discussion thread, part 4!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    That's more than a little disingenuous. Democrats and Never Trumpers do create a lot of roadblocks.

I'll give you that, but lets point fingers at everybody at fault, not just the traditional enemies. There are a fair number within the GOP that don't care for the guy either.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    I'll give you that, but lets point fingers at everybody at fault, not just the traditional enemies. There are a fair number within the GOP that don't care for the guy either.

True That. And they are desperate to maintain the status quo and their position of power at any cost. Any cost to you. Any cost to me. Any cost to America.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    The democraps are continuously obstructing President Trumps appointees to many positions by invoking a rule demanding 30 hours of debate in congress for the appointment. This type of obstruction has never been seen to this degree in the history of the United States. These appointments are for ambassadors, administrators, judges, even minor positions that are typically approved much faster. This obstructionism is hurting America. It is sick. There are close to 200 appointments being held up, sometimes by a small handful or even a single democrap.

Of course this is hurting America and ruining efficiency of government and even causing security risks. But the democraps don't care what is good for America, only what is good for their selfish political agenda. They are willing to put America at risk and they are fighting economic advancement over and over again. That is obstructionism at its worst. Pitiful.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello

Thank you. The "enemies" of America are what they've always been, greed, stupidity, short-sightedness (usually because of greed), intolerance, tribalism, greed and apathy/stupidity among the voters. Oh and greed.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    The democraps are continuously obstructing President Trumps appointees to many positions by invoking a rule demanding 30 hours of debate in congress for the appointment. This type of obstruction has never been seen to this degree in the history of the United States. These appointments are for ambassadors, administrators, judges, even minor positions that are typically approved much faster. This obstructionism is hurting America. It is sick. There are close to 200 appointments being held up, sometimes by a small handful or even a single democrap.

Of course this is hurting America and ruining efficiency of government and even causing security risks. But the democraps don't care what is good for America, only what is good for their selfish political agenda. They are willing to put America at risk and they are fighting economic advancement over and over again. That is obstructionism at its worst. Pitiful.

dems.jpg

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The US, South Korea and Japan agreed this week to shift a planned flight of at least two nuclear-capable B-52 bombers so they would not fly over the Korean Peninsula, according to two US defense officials.

The decision was made in the wake of North Korea's objection to US military exercises in the region and a suggestion from Pyongyang that the upcoming summit between Kim Jong Un and President Donald Trump could be at risk.
    https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/18/politics/us-b-52-route-change-north-korea/index.html

I'm sure that this isn't an issue for some... but it's a serious issue for me. If the bombers aren't needed, don't fly them.... if they are needed, why are we diverting military assets as to not offend North Korea.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    So the man is 100x tougher and more successful on foreign policy than Barack 'Red Line' Obama, and when he dials it back to 99 just ahead of sensitive negotiations (that Obama was unable to achieve through appeasement or even conceive of as being possible) it is offered up as evidence of - what?

But hey, Trump's pants creases don't cause tingling or anything
    :lmfao:

ETA: Get back to me when he gives them $1.7 billion in cash

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I don't think anybody is questioning President Trump's stance or negotiations with North Korea. He is so clearly and obviously the best there has ever been at that.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I don't think anybody [other than the usual suspects] [STRIKE]is[/STRIKE] [are] questioning President Trump's stance or negotiations with North Korea. He is so clearly and obviously the best there has ever been at that.

Fixy

I'd go with something about the banality of predictability; but it would be self-referentially ironic, with the attendant risk to the space-time continuum

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I don't think anybody is questioning President Trump's stance or negotiations with North Korea. He is so clearly and obviously the best there has ever been at that.

I've seenplenty of people questioning Trump's stance/negotiations with North Korea. Trump expects North Korea to denuclearize. That's folly. Trump has stated that he would protect North Korea if it gave up it's arms. So NK gives up its weapons, but still oppresses it's citizens, and in exchange we ensure their safety? That's lunacy.

North Korea has gone from nutcase country with chubby leader with bad hair, to being legitimized by shaking knees in South Korea, and someone who thinks they can score a Nobel Peace Prize.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I've seenplenty of people questioning Trump's stance/negotiations with North Korea. Trump expects North Korea to denuclearize. That's folly. Trump has stated that he would protect North Korea if it gave up it's arms. So NK gives up its weapons, but still oppresses it's citizens, and in exchange we ensure their safety? That's lunacy.

North Korea has gone from nutcase country with chubby leader with bad hair, to being legitimized by shaking knees in South Korea, and someone who thinks they can score a Nobel Peace Prize.

There, there. If I listened to CNN and subscribed to The Atlantic, I'm sure I would have too [insert quote from Clapper or Brennan here]

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Seattle IS expensive for a lot more reasons than just Amazon. Indianapolis IS NOT as expensive for more reasons than that it doesn't have an "Amazon" caliber employer there. But there's an Amazon in Seattle for many of the same reasons rent is high. And there's not an Amazon in Indy for many of the same reasons rent is lower.

One thing. I hope Amazon doesn't choose Austin for HQ2. I'd hate to see Texas turned blue when Seattle chases Amazon away because they're bat **** crazy.
    Austin is already pretty liberal/progressive. Amazon would do little to change the political makeup there.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello

Please give us a realistic scenario that you would be happy with. I said realistic.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Please give us a realistic scenario that you would be happy with. I said realistic.

A realistic scenario that I would be happy with? How about we start with baby steps, and just ask for a president that doesn't stand on the edge of a rooftop, do his "business," and then try to convince you it raining. Obviously a LOT of people are going to pull a Christopher Robin "tut, tut, it looks like rain," but for the people who don't kneel at the alter of Trump, hopefully they'll recognize it's just a guy ******* off a roof.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom