The [Current Year] General Political/Salma Hayek discussion thread, part 4!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    my god.

what.

SD8qFvn.png

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    The left likes to push that, and anything else they can think of, as long as it is bad about Trump, that is all that matters. I have watched many of Trumps speeches and conferences. You gotta be pretty stupid to not understand what he says. He is more direct than most politicians. I like that. Most of them put together a bunch of words that don't really say anything.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    The left likes to push that, and anything else they can think of, as long as it is bad about Trump, that is all that matters. I have watched many of Trumps speeches and conferences. You gotta be pretty stupid to not understand what he says. He is more direct than most politicians. I like that. Most of them put together a bunch of words that don't really say anything.

I think Trump supporters "understand" what he means, even if it isn't necessarily what he says.

Oh, and he certainly is direct about some things. "We'll build the wall and Mexico will pay for it." Promises, he's good at. Explanations, not so much.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I think Trump supporters "understand" what he means, even if it isn't necessarily what he says.

Oh, and he certainly is direct about some things. "We'll build the wall and Mexico will pay for it." Promises, he's good at. Explanations, not so much.
    I think that works both ways for Trump haters. They imply what they think he means even if it isn't necessarily what he says.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

I am exhausted by the lack of imagination and the disingenuousness of the "Mexico will pay for the wall" tropes. Did a single Trump supporter hear that and think, Trump is going to get congress to pass a law reguiring a sovereign country to pay for a border wall, then they will send the military to collect the money? He77 no.

Reasonable thinking people knew he was talking about things like renegotiating NAFTA, tariffs and the like.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I am exhausted by the lack of imagination and the disingenuousness of the "Mexico will pay for the wall" tropes. Did a single Trump supporter hear that and think, Trump is going to get congress to pass a law reguiring a sovereign country to pay for a border wall, then they will send the military to collect the money? He77 no.

Reasonable thinking people knew he was talking about things like renegotiating NAFTA, tariffs and the like.

Yeah, it was more than one. A LOT more. Trump laid out a plan, and people believed that plan. When it became obvious that Mexico wasn't going to pay for the wall, that when people were like "I knew he didn't really mean Mexico was going to pay for a wall." That's utter BS. Even if some of them knew that Mexico wasn't going to pay for the wall, the president MOST CERTAINLY thought that Mexico was, so in that regard, it would appear that many Trump voters know how dumb he was in the first place.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Oh well, he was probably just joking about that "treason" thing yester....

.... Nope he's still going.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1179048439319072768

Trump said:
    Why isn’t Congressman Adam Schiff being brought up on charges for fraudulently making up a statement and reading it to Congress as if this statement, which was very dishonest and bad for me, was directly made by the President of the United States? This should never be allowed!

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    And he is 100% right!
    Huh? Why isn’t Schiff being brought up on charges for lying? If that were the standard for politicians, all politicians would be brought up on charges.

Schiff used his pulpit to misrepresent the phone call. Trump has a pulpit too, albeit, bigger. Instead of whining on Twitter like a helpless little *****, why doesn’t Trump use his pulpit to set the record straight?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Huh? Why isn’t Schiff being brought up on charges for lying? If that were the standard for politicians, all politicians would be brought up on charges.

Schiff used his pulpit to misrepresent the phone call. Trump has a pulpit too, albeit, bigger. Instead of whining on Twitter like a helpless little *****, why doesn’t Trump use his pulpit to set the record straight?

He did.

It was a perfect call. A perfect call full of perfect conversation about perfect things. Everything went well in the call. It was so perfect that it will be heralded as the penultimate call between world leaders for generations to come. It was just that perfect.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    He did.

It was a perfect call. A perfect call full of perfect conversation about perfect things. Everything went well in the call. It was so perfect that it will be heralded as the penultimate call between world leaders for generations to come. It was just that perfect.

Well. That’s not very straight. That’s kinda curvy. I asked for straight.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Yeah, it was more than one. A LOT more. Trump laid out a plan, and people believed that plan. When it became obvious that Mexico wasn't going to pay for the wall, that when people were like "I knew he didn't really mean Mexico was going to pay for a wall." That's utter BS. Even if some of them knew that Mexico wasn't going to pay for the wall, the president MOST CERTAINLY thought that Mexico was, so in that regard, it would appear that many Trump voters know how dumb he was in the first place.

I have never seen the written plan, where might I read it?

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Oh puhleeze. If you are so far behind the curve that you haven't read or watched anything that Trump has written or said, you shouldn't start by requesting links here.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom