The [Current Year] General Political/Salma Hayek discussion thread, part 4!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    https://twitter.com/RepAdamSchiff/status/1166867471862829056

Schiff tweeted this one month ago. Sounds like this stuff has been in the works for a while. "Whistleblower" likely not a whistleblower.

Schiff said:
    Trump is withholding vital military aid to Ukraine, while his personal lawyer seeks help from the Ukraine government to investigate his political opponent.

It doesn’t take a stable genius to see the magnitude of this conflict.

Or how destructive it is to our national security.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Too much strategy going on. It's actually harmful to a functional society. We're certainly not functional now, and this is just making it less so.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Was there honestly anyone who thought that Schiff was being serious when he was making light of the exchange?

Yes, it would be good for the left to try to pass this off as being light. But have you even watched him speaking? There was absolutely no lightness in his manner or delivery. He was being as serious as a s**t-head can be.

This is what he said before and after his attempted drive-by.

"...and what is the President's response? Well it reads like a classic organized crime shakedown. Shorn of its rambling character and in not so many words this is the essence of what the President communicates.(Snipped Schiff's bull**** here)
    This is in sum and character what the President was trying to communicate. It would be funny if it wasn't such a graphic betrayal of the President's oath of office. But as it does represent a real betrayal there is nothing the President says here that is in America's interest after all. It is instead the most consequential form of tragedy for it forces us to confront the remedy the founders provided for such a flagrant abuse of office, impeachment."

He says "this is the essence of what the President communicates " and "This is in sum and character what the President was trying to communicate."

Not even once did he infer, imply or hint that this was pure made-up BS.

His behavior, once again, is not worthy of holding any office. It is sad that America has become so over-exposed to this type of crap from the left that it is tolerated. Yes, it would be good for the left to pass this off as something it wasn't.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Yes, it would be good for the left to try to pass this off as being light. But have you even watched him speaking? There was absolutely no lightness in his manner or delivery. He was being as serious as a s**t-head can be.

This is what he said before and after his attempted drive-by.

"...and what is the President's response? Well it reads like a classic organized crime shakedown. Shorn of its rambling character and in not so many words this is the essence of what the President communicates.(Snipped Schiff's bull**** here)
    This is in sum and character what the President was trying to communicate. It would be funny if it wasn't such a graphic betrayal of the President's oath of office. But as it does represent a real betrayal there is nothing the President says here that is in America's interest after all. It is instead the most consequential form of tragedy for it forces us to confront the remedy the founders provided for such a flagrant abuse of office, impeachment."

He says "this is the essence of what the President communicates " and "This is in sum and character what the President was trying to communicate."

Not even once did he infer, imply or hint that this was pure made-up BS.

His behavior, once again, is not worthy of holding any office. It is sad that America has become so over-exposed to this type of crap from the left that it is tolerated. Yes, it would be good for the left to pass this off as something it wasn't.

You are correct. He was stone-faced, but what he was saying was SO ridiculous, it seemed obvious (to me) that he was making light of it. The transcript had already been put out by that time, so if he was really trying to pass it off as being the actual words from the conversation, he failed miserably. Schiff isn't that dumb, though I will say his decision to deliver it, in that setting, was foolish. Something this serious shouldn't be addressed in such a way.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Mr. Schiff in a way reminds me of another California congressman in the past who doggedly kept after an investigation he felt was the key to his political future. He's been after President Trump like then congressman Richard Nixon went after Alger Hiss. It's like a do or die mission for his future career in politics.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Schiff is an example of US giving complete fools too much credit. When WE engage with them or even answer their drivel, they gain credibility among their mind numb TDS crowd.

Maybe one day WE will grow smart enough to not crawl in the mud with the pig?

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    He is a United States Congressman.
    He has the floor as the Chair of the House Intelligence Committee in a congressional hearing session.
    He is questioning the Director of National Intelligence.
    This is a time when it would be expected, by reasonable people, to be rightious, honorable and exemplary in behavior.
    Instead he chose to be like mad max.

During his spew, there was no laughter, no giggling, no tittering, no knee-slapping guffaws. Nobody there thought it was funny. Now - after the fact - they would like to pass him off as the worst comedian in history instead of what this really was.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    https://twitter.com/RepAdamSchiff/status/1166867471862829056

Schiff tweeted this one month ago. Sounds like this stuff has been in the works for a while. "Whistleblower" likely not a whistleblower.

I posted this in impeachment thread. It also has the hallmarks of an orchestrated plot to take down the president...

New information is being reported concerning the whistleblower, his connections, apper to an orchestrated plan to get Trump.

the reports are:

The whistleblower was a CIA officer. Reported by NYT

The complaint was likely written by a lawyer. Reported by NYP

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.65098)]The whistleblower complaint appears to be written by a law professor and includes legal references and detailed footnotes. It has an unusual legalistic reference on how this complaint should be classified.”[/COLOR]

Schiff tweeted about this exact issue back in August, dems had this for a while. Reported by Paul Sperry

The whistleblower sprinkles throughout his document footnotes referring to a publication with the initials OCCRP.
    OCCRP – Organized Crime and Corruption Reporting Project is funded by the Soros Open Society Foundations.

The deep state is pulling all the stops to get this president. No president in history has been surveilled, investigated, and set up. The government has spent millions investigating this guy. I believe the major "news" organizations have spent untold millions investigating this guy.

And this is all they got...

White Squirrel

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2016
    Evansville
    His son had an investment in the Ukraine? That's something I didn't know. He sat on the board of directors of a petroleum company, but I hadn't heard your claim before. Are you sure?

I think any politician's kid benefitting from the coattails of an active employee of our government is wrong. However, it isn't against the law afaik.

If there was to be an investigation and since Giuliani is not a special envoy, independent counsel or State Dept employee, it really doesn't fit within the apparati available to the president to investigate anyone on behalf of the USA for any reason.

In these circumstances, further inquiry by Congress is warranted. Whether that results in an impeachment proceeding awaits additional information and testimony.

Pardon my supidity. It was his friends and co-horts who had the investments. I am sure there was nothing in it for dear little Hunter.

Maybe "vested interest" is more accurate, although $50,000 a month for sitting on the board of a company in an industry you know nothing about strikes me as an investment.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Was there honestly anyone who thought that Schiff was being serious when he was making light of the exchange?
    Does'nt matter. I find his "parody" to be wholly unethical behavior in making light of the exchange of the actual wording in the transcript. His implied "parody" changes the tone of the actual transcript.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Schiff is an example of US giving complete fools too much credit. When WE engage with them or even answer their drivel, they gain credibility among their mind numb TDS crowd.

Maybe one day WE will grow smart enough to not crawl in the mud with the pig?

Who is US? I didn't give him too much credit. I didn't engage with them. Answer their drivel. I didn't crawl in the mud with any pigs. Did you?

You do know, this is just a form of collectivism, right?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Pardon my supidity. It was his friends and co-horts who had the investments. I am sure there was nothing in it for dear little Hunter.

Maybe "vested interest" is more accurate, although $50,000 a month for sitting on the board of a company in an industry you know nothing about strikes me as an investment.

He was making WAY more money than his education or experience in the position should ever bear if it were just a matter of free market employment. I strongly suspect his position there was more about who his dad is than his other job qualifications for that job title.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    He was making WAY more money than his education or experience in the position should ever bear if it were just a matter of free market employment. I strongly suspect his position there was more about who his dad is than his other job qualifications for that job title.
    Yeah it is awfully peculiar that Hunter Biden was hired on to the board of directors of a major Ukrainian gas and oil company with no discernable experience in the field just weeks after Vice President Biden was asked by President Obama to oversee US-Ukraine relations.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    This is why it's reasonable to suspect that the Ukrainian investigation may have been fraught with corruption itself.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    For any made-up conservative corruption the left lunatics keep "trying to make a dollar out of fifteen cents" when they don't even have the fifteen cents.

However for left corruption bull*** they can't even see it when it is all over their own shoes.

These are classic TDS symptoms and there is no known cure since they have already taken the blue one.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom