The [Current Year] General Political/Salma Hayek discussion thread, part 4!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Holy hot biscuits! This is the best post in the thread, as it's exactly spot on! Candace Owens speaks often about the problems within the Black Community. I won't address the veracity of her complaints, but who does she speak her opinions too? I've never seen her speaking in majority Black schools, churches, neighborhoods or anything where the people who (she thinks) need to hear her message would hear it. She simply complains to people who already share her opinions, and thus reinforcing the notions they already have. Even if her opinions are right, she's not doing anything to spread the message to the people who should hear it.

Are you seriously proposing that as a Candace Owens criticism. That is just normal. Republicans speak in front of republican crowds, dumocraps speak in front of dumocrap crowds. Even here on INGO, a bunch of 2A supporters speaking to a bunch of 2A supporters. All very normal.
    Very, very weak.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Holy hot biscuits! This is the best post in the thread, as it's exactly spot on! Candace Owens speaks often about the problems within the Black Community. I won't address the veracity of her complaints, but who does she speak her opinions too? I've never seen her speaking in majority Black schools, churches, neighborhoods or anything where the people who (she thinks) need to hear her message would hear it. She simply complains to people who already share her opinions, and thus reinforcing the notions they already have. Even if her opinions are right, she's not doing anything to spread the message to the people who should hear it.
    What was the "Blexit campaign" about? and who was it addressed to? Was it just another hustle? I tend to speak in past tense because I have'nt really seen much about the current status of that campaign.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    That was about a black exit from the dumocrap party.
    I understand that. I guess my question was if it was an example of a campaign specifically directed to get the black community's attention or was it just another hustle for Owens to increase her status among Republicans.

I guess the question for some is was the "Blexit campaign" a sincere attempt to reach the black community? Something that she has been accused of not doing.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I understand that. I guess my question was if it was an example of a campaign specifically directed to get the black community's attention or was it just another hustle for Owens to increase her status among Republicans.

I guess the question for some is was the "Blexit campaign" a sincere attempt to reach the black community? Something that she has been accused of not doing.

I guess that is a matter of opinion. I believe it was a sincere attempt. The reason you don't hear more about it is that another group was using that name for a couple years but they didn't do much with it. Then when Candace Owens started using it they started legal action in the form of a 'stop and desist'. The other group was very informal, they did not get a trademark, they did not register blexit.com or anything but they claim they own it.

Basically both groups are not going far now.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I agree with jamil on this. The important take-away possible from what Kut says is to look at whether she is viewed as an authentic black voice by other blacks. Her telling us what we want to hear is not the same as convincing people to give conservatism/Trump/Republicans another look who otherwise might be not inclined to do so. If she is not genuinely red-pilled herself, she won't be able to provide that service to others

Well, she kinda convinced Kanye.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Oh my God, she changed her mind?!? She must think she is a woman or something.

I think a lot of people change their mind once they get to know the left for what it really is.

What if it's simply that some people hold opinions different from yours. I mean. Of course opinions could just be a result of TDS. But then TDS works both ways.

Trump Derangement syndrome makes people fail to be appropriately critical, and overly accepting, of information that is critical to Trump. Trump Delusional Syndrome makes people fail to be appropriately critical, and overly accepting, of information that is favorable to Trump. Both result in failing to be appropriately critical of all information they receive. It's easy to be critical of information that goes against what you want to believe. Much harder to be appropriately critical of favorable information.

Embrace the dissonance. It will set you free.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Are you seriously proposing that as a Candace Owens criticism. That is just normal. Republicans speak in front of republican crowds, dumocraps speak in front of dumocrap crowds. Even here on INGO, a bunch of 2A supporters speaking to a bunch of 2A supporters. All very normal.
    Very, very weak.

What's being asserted is that Owen couldn't get the notoriety she wanted as a progressive, so she's getting it by flipping sides and appealing to a different demographic, with a message they already believe and want to hear. You have to admit, a message from a Black person saying what conservatives believe anyway is going to resonate with conservatives. I'm not convinced that it's all that premeditated. I'm not going to rule out her and Kirk hooking up and she becoming enamored with him may have contributed to her change of sides. I'm also not going to rule out that she's actually been red-pilled, and now is firmly a conservative.

But the rest of Bug's point that Kut agreed with is also an important consideration that's also true. It doesn't matter if she's sincere or not. She's not really going to black communities and speaking to THEM against the "democratic plantation". Black people see her as an outsider, at least now. They don't see her as speaking for them even if they acknowledge deep down that what she says is true.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    What if it's simply that some people hold opinions different from yours. I mean. Of course opinions could just be a result of TDS. But then TDS works both ways.

Trump Derangement syndrome makes people fail to be appropriately critical, and overly accepting, of information that is critical to Trump. Trump Delusional Syndrome makes people fail to be appropriately critical, and overly accepting, of information that is favorable to Trump. Both result in failing to be appropriately critical of all information they receive. It's easy to be critical of information that goes against what you want to believe. Much harder to be appropriately critical of favorable information.

Embrace the dissonance. It will set you free.

As far as changing her mind, Candace Owens is pretty clear on that. She was a victim of harassment in school so she started a site called SocialAutopsy to counteract online harassment using questionable means of identifying the harassers. Regardless of this bad idea, it did give her information. She said - "I became a conservative overnight. I realized that liberals were actually the racists. Liberals were actually the trolls. SocialAutopsy is why I'm conservative."

I was just poking fun at women changing their mind. I can only assume you have heard that women reserve the right to change their mind. That has been sort of a running gag for decades now.

As far as a lot of people changing their mind - there is an old quote, often questionably attributed to Winston Churchill, among others, that can be paraphrased as - "If you are not a liberal at 20 you have no heart but if you are not a conservative by 40 you have no brain". It is common for the young and emotional to be liberals but when they mature and gain wisdom to switch to conservative.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    What's being asserted is that Owen couldn't get the notoriety she wanted as a progressive, so she's getting it by flipping sides and appealing to a different demographic, with a message they already believe and want to hear.

That is just a left assertion. See the post above for the real reason quoted from Candace Owens herself. Lots of stuff is asserted about Owens by the left. They will say whatever it takes to discredit her because they are afraid of her becoming more popular. This is nothing new. Everybody knows the lengths the left went to try to discredit Kavanaugh and are still doing. It is just part of their play book. You can believe as much of it as you want. There will be plenty to pick from.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    That is just a left assertion. See the post above for the real reason quoted from Candace Owens herself. Lots of stuff is asserted about Owens by the left. They will say whatever it takes to discredit her because they are afraid of her becoming more popular. This is nothing new. Everybody knows the lengths the left went to try to discredit Kavanaugh and are still doing. It is just part of their play book. You can believe as much of it as you want. There will be plenty to pick from.

Left? No. I learned about Owen’s history on a Beauty and the Beta episode quite some time ago. If you’re unaware, it’s Blond, formerly known as Blonde in the belly of the beast, Matt Christiansen’s cohost on that Youtube show. She’s definitely not left.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    What's being asserted is that Owen couldn't get the notoriety she wanted as a progressive, so she's getting it by flipping sides and appealing to a different demographic, with a message they already believe and want to hear.

Left? No. I learned about Owen’s history on a Beauty and the Beta episode quite some time ago. If you’re unaware, it’s Blond, formerly known as Blonde in the belly of the beast, Matt Christiansen’s cohost on that Youtube show. She’s definitely not left.

I am familiar with Beauty and the Beta. Are you saying Blonde is solely responsible for the above assertion?

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Candace Owens switched to conservative when she found out the harassing parties were liberals. I would think her conviction to conservatism is just growing stronger all the time. She is a pretty active speaker around the country and deals with more and more liberal harassment and threats all the time at every speaking engagement at various colleges and events.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Candace Owens switched to conservative when she found out the harassing parties were liberals. I would think her conviction to conservatism is just growing stronger all the time. She is a pretty active speaker around the country and deals with more and more liberal harassment and threats all the time at every speaking engagement at various colleges and events.

I would bet she switched when she found out how much money she could make in speaking fees telling people what they want to hear. Hell, pay $20K and I'll tell you how awesome Trump is too! (Tap dancing all the way to the bank).
    https://www.allamericanspeakers.com/speakers/437624/Candace-Owens

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Yeah, I hope she keeps getting bigger but she has a long way to go. The clintons pocketed $153 million for telling their lies and that is just the documented part as of Feb 2016, three and half years ago.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    In other news, there's kinda a big political deal related to a whistleblower and damaging information about both Biden and Trump.

Or we can keep talking about people who express opinions....

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom