The [Current Year] General Political/Salma Hayek discussion thread, part 4!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Swallwell, who would nuke us if we refuse to give up our guns, questions Lewandowski and gets owned.

Lewandowski talks about his safe around 2:20...

:):

[video=youtube;jFWOphLsSlg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFWOphLsSlg[/video]
    Lewandowski owned all those liberal hacks and exposed thier political sham proceedings for what they are.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Has Holder ever turned over the subpoenaed documents? I don't believe so (See: Stonewall)

Nevertheless, in theory, a government official can technically invoke privilege.... civilians? That's a new one. Can you think of a precedent prior to this?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Lewandowski owned all those liberal hacks and exposed thier political sham proceedings for what they are.

Uhhhh not quite. Lewandowski admitted that at the president's request, he was asked to circumvent WH staff to pressure Sessions to unrecuse himself. He further stated that Session declined to agree with him, and that the president told him that if Session refused, Sessions would be fired. He further admitted that he lied, to the media, when asked if he had attempted to speak to Sessions on behalf of the president because the media is "just as dishonest as anyone else." Overall, the hearing was a waste of time, but Lewandowski's admitted actions don't paint him in a very favorable light. If he runs for senate, you can expect this hearing to come back and nip at his heels.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Lewandowski seems very sharp and very cool. Those pukes questioning him would have pissed me off but he did an outstanding job tolerating that crap and turning it against them.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Nevertheless, in theory, a government official can technically invoke privilege.... civilians? That's a new one. Can you think of a precedent prior to this?

As Lewandowski stated multiple dozen times during the session: The president invoked executive privilege about their direct conversations. It wasn't his to revoke. He was testifying under advice of WH council and if Democrats have a problem with that, they can deal with the WH about it.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Is Holder not now a civilian? Obama also? Buy what right do they maintain their ability to ignore the will of congress or the courts (See: Stonewall and hope Trump is defeated before your friends running interference for you have to quit it to save their own skin)

Does executive priviledge outlive that executive's administration/time in office? Also see the final disposition on Michael Flynn when it comes about

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Political technowonks might find this interesting

https://democracyjournal.org/magazine/54/left-for-dead/
    Left for Dead

I found it to be a pretty cogent analysis of recent developments and where we might be going in the near term, both here and in the west. I didn't put much faith in the author's conclusions about reforming the winning coalition, though, as I found them a bit overly optimistic.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2019/09/soros_and_the_whistleblower_nonscandal.html
    Soros and the ‘whistleblower’ non-scandal

There is a conspiracy theory that has occurred to a number of conservatives: that this is really an operation meant to drive Biden out of the race because his corruption in Ukraine would torpedo him if he becomes the Democrat nominee. The theory is that only by first seeming to implicate Trump would the media leap onto the subject of Ukraine. Once the story is on the table, it will backfire, as Biden’s corruption becomes undeniable.

This would be intriguing if true

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    [video=youtube;fe0SdnuDuhE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fe0SdnuDuhE[/video]

She is a very sharp young lady, quite refreshing. I like how she is very pro-black while not being hateful anti-white. That kind of non-racist thinking could help America heal and grow together. Of course those that want to tear down America won’t like her. I’m looking forward to reading her book.

Back when I was working there were a few people whose entire efforts to look good and get ahead consisted of putting others down and belittling other's accomplishments. They were very toxic on any team and were an overall negative impact.
    I see the same thinking in some of these ‘kill whitey’ black race-baiters who try to tear others down in an attempt to make themselves look good and get ahead. This negative approach is a fail.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    She is a very sharp young lady, quite refreshing. I like how she is very pro-black while not being hateful anti-white. That kind of non-racist thinking could help America heal and grow together. Of course those that want to tear down America won’t like her. I’m looking forward to reading her book.

Back when I was working there were a few people whose entire efforts to look good and get ahead consisted of putting others down and belittling other's accomplishments. They were very toxic on any team and were an overall negative impact.
    I see the same thinking in some of these ‘kill whitey’ black race-baiters who try to tear others down in an attempt to make themselves look good and get ahead. This negative approach is a fail.

Candace Owens is a "black conservative" that makes other real black conservatives look bad. Not very bright, but just smart enough to know that there are a lot of people that want to hear a black person say the things she does. She tried her hand out at being anti-Conservative as recently as 2015, but that field is pretty saturated, so she took a break, and came back as a tap dancing "black Conservative," which of course raised her profile considerably.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Candace Owens is a "black conservative" that makes other real black conservatives look bad. Not very bright, but just smart enough to know that there are a lot of people that want to hear a black person say the things she does. She tried her hand out at being anti-Conservative as recently as 2015, but that field is pretty saturated, so she took a break, and came back as a tap dancing "black Conservative," which of course raised her profile considerably.
    Whatever else she is, I can't really agree with the not very bright opinion. Not very bright people tend to not speak well. She is very well spoken.

As for whether she is conservative or not, many people change their beliefs. Who is to say how genuine her change is?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom