The [Current Year] General Political/Salma Hayek discussion thread, part 4!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    Candace Owens is a "black conservative" that makes other real black conservatives look bad. Not very bright, but just smart enough to know that there are a lot of people that want to hear a black person say the things she does. She tried her hand out at being anti-Conservative as recently as 2015, but that field is pretty saturated, so she took a break, and came back as a tap dancing "black Conservative," which of course raised her profile considerably.

I'm curious why you have this opinion of her? Can people not change their point of view over time?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Whatever else she is, I can't really agree with the not very bright opinion. Not very bright people tend to not speak well. She is very well spoken.

As for whether she is conservative or not, many people change their beliefs. Who is to say how genuine her change is?

Fair point... though, after her conversion, she was still scheming ways to dupe people out of their money.
    Like:
    -Lying and saying that Kanye West designed the t-shirts for her Blexit campaign.
    -Suing her landlord over "mold," that made her "sick," and not paying rent
    -Lying about touring a migrant holding facility, saying that they had Zumba classes, a library, a hair salon, phones, and PCs... despite not setting foot in the facility.

I would say that she hasn't changed her belief in the good ole American Greenback. And I'd like to amend my "not very bright comment." She does speak well. She probably has natural intelligence, just not enough to know better than to speak from a position of ignorance. I typically call that dumb.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I'm curious why you have this opinion of her? Can people not change their point of view over time?

From another thread:

I actually think Candace Owens is dumb and money grubbing opportunist that, ironically, isn't afraid to throw out the race card when it suits her purpose.
    For instance:
    -When Ted Lieu played her Hitler clip, during a congressional hearing, she accused him of thinking that "black people are dumb."
    -With the help of the NAACP she sued her high school for racial discrimination, and won $30-something thousand dollars.
    -She used to run a liberal website (Degree180), which talked about the president's penis size, his immigrant wife, the hope that the GOP "died in it's sleep." The site died off due to low traffic, and she reinvented herself.

Look her up, she's a trip.

She can play the race card with the best of them... actually she's probably the best ever, cause she can play the card from both sides.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    To combat charges of racism, ⁦Justin Trudeau⁩ tweets picture of himself shaking hands with a guy in a blue shirt.

EFBOGRsUYAEv320

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Well, it's a lot more credible than the group of guys around here that act like sled dogs and have a very limited view of the world...mostly tails and butts in front of them in the traces.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Candice Owen seems to be a very good spokesperson and if her message continues to be pro-black without the stupid ugliness then she is a lot smarter than all the race-baiters that use hatred to 'keep them blacks in line' put together.

I couldn't care less which party she is aligned with either. She is making more sense now than the radical left has for years. Maybe more people would listen if she were more politically centered and less conservative.

I realize the left has positioned themselves where it is critical for them to create and promote hatred to further their political ambitions but that is a poor excuse to hurt the country and serves to point out they are devoid of ethics and integrity.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Candice Owen seems to be a very good spokesperson and if her message continues to be pro-black without the stupid ugliness then she is a lot smarter than all the race-baiters that use hatred to 'keep them blacks in line' put together.

I couldn't care less which party she is aligned with either. She is making more sense now than the radical left has for years. Maybe more people would listen if she were more politically centered and less conservative.

I realize the left has positioned themselves where it is critical for them to create and promote hatred to further their political ambitions but that is a poor excuse to hurt the country and serves to point out they are devoid of ethics and integrity.

Why would you want to support a person in the 21st century that is "pro-Black." Someone labeled as such, should be counseled on their ignorance, and told that being "pro-people," is preferable to the racial segregation of wanting folks to do well.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Why would you want to support a person in the 21st century that is "pro-Black." Someone labeled as such, should be counseled on their ignorance, and told that being "pro-people," is preferable to the racial segregation of wanting folks to do well.

If that terminology is objectionable to you then that is probably my mistake. I think "pro-people" is a better description of her because she doesn't do all this anti-white rhetoric that the left does. Maybe you haven't been paying attention to current events but there is a list of issues on the table that they are addressing and she is doing this in a non-hate driven manner that is frankly more intelligent than many.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

Wow, that's exactly how I feel about BLM, The Congressional Black Caucus, NAACP, Black Panthers/New Black Panthers, etc.. Why emphasize differences instead of emphasizing similarities?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Just to lighten the mood... and we had this album in our house when I was a kid. :)

[video=youtube;HkNfmwjaNic]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkNfmwjaNic[/video]

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Modern day carpetbagger. Hot, but crooked

I’m not a big fan of Candice Owens. But, what she said was pretty true. I think if I were a black person I’d tell white progressives to go signal their virtue on someone else. It ain’t helping.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Kut’s kinda mostly sorta rri....uh....he’s rrrrri.....he’s...not sure if I can say it. Okay. Rip off the bandaid.

He’s right. There I said it. Painful as it was. He’s right, at least the part about her formerly being a progressive. Candice Owens tried to make it as a leftie. She kinda got into some deep **** and then laid low, then remade herself as a conservative, and that’s working for her now. That’s the part Kut’s right about.

It may be that she went conservative because she was “red-pilled’. She seemed pretty friendly with Charlie Kirk, from turning point USA. When she was with Turning Point, she and Kirk did an interview, I think with Dave Rubin. She said she looked at Kirk as a mentor. I kinda thought the way they were looking at each other during the interview that they were definitely ****ing, and that it likely had something to do with her turn to the right.

It’s possible that it is genuine, that she really was “red-pilled”, or it may be that she’s turned conservative because she was enamored with Kirk—wouldn’t be the first time a woman took on the beliefs of a lover. But. It also may be that she’s just riding whichever wave gets her the most fame. Wouldn’t be the first time someone has done that either. I’m not a mind reader like Kut is, so I can’t say which.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Oh my God, she changed her mind?!? She must think she is a woman or something.

I think a lot of people change their mind once they get to know the left for what it really is.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Kut’s kinda mostly sorta rri....uh....he’s rrrrri.....he’s...not sure if I can say it. Okay. Rip off the bandaid.

He’s right. There I said it. Painful as it was. He’s right, at least the part about her formerly being a progressive. Candice Owens tried to make it as a leftie. She kinda got into some deep **** and then laid low, then remade herself as a conservative, and that’s working for her now. That’s the part Kut’s right about.

It may be that she went conservative because she was “red-pilled’. She seemed pretty friendly with Charlie Kirk, from turning point USA. When she was with Turning Point, she and Kirk did an interview, I think with Dave Rubin. She said she looked at Kirk as a mentor. I kinda thought the way they were looking at each other during the interview that they were definitely ****ing, and that it likely had something to do with her turn to the right.

It’s possible that it is genuine, that she really was “red-pilled”, or it may be that she’s turned conservative because she was enamored with Kirk—wouldn’t be the first time a woman took on the beliefs of a lover. But. It also may be that she’s just riding whichever wave gets her the most fame. Wouldn’t be the first time someone has done that either. I’m not a mind reader like Kut is, so I can’t say which.

I agree with jamil on this. The important take-away possible from what Kut says is to look at whether she is viewed as an authentic black voice by other blacks. Her telling us what we want to hear is not the same as convincing people to give conservatism/Trump/Republicans another look who otherwise might be not inclined to do so. If she is not genuinely red-pilled herself, she won't be able to provide that service to others

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    The TDS folks sure like to hate on Candice. They hate her as much as the Dems hate the NRA.

That should tell us something...

Surely the TDS folks wouldn't use character assassination purely for political reasons. I mean they wouldn't actually say things that weren't true, right?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I agree with jamil on this. The important take-away possible from what Kut says is to look at whether she is viewed as an authentic black voice by other blacks. Her telling us what we want to hear is not the same as convincing people to give conservatism/Trump/Republicans another look who otherwise might be not inclined to do so. If she is not genuinely red-pilled herself, she won't be able to provide that service to others

Holy hot biscuits! This is the best post in the thread, as it's exactly spot on! Candace Owens speaks often about the problems within the Black Community. I won't address the veracity of her complaints, but who does she speak her opinions too? I've never seen her speaking in majority Black schools, churches, neighborhoods or anything where the people who (she thinks) need to hear her message would hear it. She simply complains to people who already share her opinions, and thus reinforcing the notions they already have. Even if her opinions are right, she's not doing anything to spread the message to the people who should hear it.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The TDS folks sure like to hate on Candice. They hate her as much as the Dems hate the NRA.

That should tell us something...
    Surely the TDS folks wouldn't use character assassination purely for political reasons. I mean they wouldn't actually say things that weren't true, right?

Your arguments would be stronger, if you attacked the information provided about Candace Owens, rather than the people providing said information.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom