The [Current Year] General Political/Salma Hayek discussion thread, part 4!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So putting this all together I'm getting the impression that you don't think Trump is a racist. He's only trying to convince everyone that he is by design for personal gain by exploiting the racial divide in this country and stoking the fears of those who are reluctant to accept people that are different.

Am I in the ballpark?

That's exactly it. I think he knows he has a number of actual racists that support him, and he feeds them a line here and there, that can be be interpreted different ways depending on one's particular outlook.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And now that KUT is all growed up, he holds a penchant in seeing grown men all hot and bothered. Prove me wrong.

C'mon be smarter than that. It's been a long time since I had the forum mad at me for people falling on their swords. Someone clue this guy in.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Trump said:
    “Billionaire Tech Investor Peter Thiel believes Google should be investigated for treason. He accuses Google of working with the Chinese Government.” @foxandfriends A great and brilliant guy who knows this subject better than anyone! The Trump Administration will take a look!

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    That's exactly it. I think he knows he has a number of actual racists that support him, and he feeds them a line here and there, that can be be interpreted different ways depending on one's particular outlook.

That's actually kinda worse than being an actual racist, eh?

I mean, an populist elected leader dividing the electorate along racial lines, then leveraging those divisions for personal gain.... that's insidious.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    That's actually kinda worse than being an actual racist, eh?

I mean, an populist elected leader dividing the electorate along racial lines, then leveraging those divisions for personal gain.... that's insidious.
    Gotta keep the electorate fired up. Although there are plenty of legit policy issue differences between the parties that should keep them stoked without engaging in low brow divisive political tactics.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Gotta keep the electorate fired up. Although there are plenty of legit policy issue differences between the parties that should keep them stoked without engaging in low brow divisive political tactics.

That's the way I see it, too, mostly.

Then I start thinking about what this manufactured front page attention may be intended to distract us from....

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Never listen to what the mouth is saying, watch what the hand is doing, and it's picking your pocket. Noise makes news, thieves running off with public money try to be quiet.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Never listen to what the mouth is saying, watch what the hand is doing, and it's picking your pocket. Noise makes news, thieves running off with public money try to be quiet.

You have to. Look, I'm all aboard deporting illegals, making other NATO members pay their fair share, punishing currency manipulators, capping legal immigration, and a number of other things the president supports. On paper, and if the president didn't have a mouth, and I though he were smarter, I'd probably be one of his staunchest defenders. I simply can't get past his mouth, his tweets, and his general character. He's a demagogue, stoking the difference between American cultural passions to garner support. I know better than to ignore such things.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    He's tweeting about it.

Trump said:
    Those Tweets were NOT Racist. I don’t have a Racist bone in my body! The so-called vote to be taken is a Democrat con game. Republicans should not show “weakness” and fall into their trap. This should be a vote on the filthy language, statements and lies told by the Democrat Congresswomen, who I truly believe, based on their actions, hate our Country. Get a list of the HORRIBLE things they have said. Omar is polling at 8%, Cortez at 21%. Nancy Pelosi tried to push them away, but now they are forever wedded to the Democrat Party. See you in 2020!.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    It also reveals that Trump's message is more about the 2020 election than anything actually happening. We'll see more of this kind of racial rhetoric, nationally.

(At a policy level, Sanders has said stuff at least as bad, if not worse, than any of those that Trump points to.)

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    You have to. Look, I'm all aboard deporting illegals, making other NATO members pay their fair share, punishing currency manipulators, capping legal immigration, and a number of other things the president supports. On paper, and if the president didn't have a mouth, and I though he were smarter, I'd probably be one of his staunchest defenders. I simply can't get past his mouth, his tweets, and his general character. He's a demagogue, stoking the difference between American cultural passions to garner support. I know better than to ignore such things.

That you (selectively) concern yourself with words while largely ignoring actions is extremely curious. Bill Clinton was at the very least a womanizer and likely a rapist and pedophile yet you give him a pass. Both Clintons almost certainly committed fraud, used their positions to cut backroom deals for personal enrichment, and Hillary likely exposed potentially damaging national secrets, they still get passes. Obama flat out lied about Obama care repeatedly, weaponized the IRS, oversaw an administration that thought gun walking was a brilliant idea, propped up every dictator/terrorist he could find while attacking average citizens and generally doing his damnedest to make life worse for all Americans and he gets a pass. Biden, who has his own share of shady backroom deals, who only espouses the same tired, failed ideas as his predecessors, and who can't get in front of a microphone without exposing his stupidity, also gets a pass.

It almost seems you'd rather be lied to nicely while being screwed over than have someone working toward what you say you want with a blunt, crude manner. That kind of reasoning makes the comments concerning Trump's intelligence seem rather silly.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    That you (selectively) concern yourself with words while largely ignoring actions is extremely curious. Bill Clinton was at the very least a womanizer and likely a rapist and pedophile yet you give him a pass. Both Clintons almost certainly committed fraud, used their positions to cut backroom deals for personal enrichment, and Hillary likely exposed potentially damaging national secrets, they still get passes. Obama flat out lied about Obama care repeatedly, weaponized the IRS, oversaw an administration that thought gun walking was a brilliant idea, propped up every dictator/terrorist he could find while attacking average citizens and generally doing his damnedest to make life worse for all Americans and he gets a pass. Biden, who has his own share of shady backroom deals, who only espouses the same tired, failed ideas as his predecessors, and who can't get in front of a microphone without exposing his stupidity, also gets a pass.

It almost seems you'd rather be lied to nicely while being screwed over than have someone working toward what you say you want with a blunt, crude manner. That kind of reasoning makes the comments concerning Trump's intelligence seem rather silly.

Where is it indicated that I gave any of the persons you mentioned a "pass?" What you want to believe, and what is true, might not be the same things. The problem that many of you Trumpers have, is that you think that any opposition to Trump means that they support all others who oppose him. I voted for Bush, over Clinton. I voted Libertarian over Obama. I opposed Obamacare. I thought Hilary was a despicable person. I think Joe Biden is a creeper, or at least alluded to such. You don't get to craft you own opinions about someone simply because they don't toe your specific political line... well, you can, but that doesn't mean you know what you're talking about. And yes, I think Donald Trump is a political simpleton, who is doing more guesswork, than actual coherent policy.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis

They can both be bad. Criticism of one isn't endorsement of the other...crazy I know.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom