The [Current Year] General Political/Salma Hayek discussion thread, part 4!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I don't personally keep track of such things. The numbers are straight from wikipedia. You can go there and get a list of names, dates, crimes, etc. if you care to. What numbers are you disputing?

Carter. He pardoned the Vietnam draft dodgers. When it comes to pardons that the first thing I think of.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Ok, I more than willing to blame the liberal media for not covering such instances when they occurred under Obama or Clinton... but I'm completely ignorant to an equivalent instance. That said if you could direct me to such and instance, or anybody, I would like to see it. I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around a soldier disobeying a direct order, stripping a guy down, and eventually killing him, being pardonable. It's a war crime, and does a disservice to all the honorable men and women in the service that do things the right way.

What priority do you place on this instance? Not everyone has the same moral priorities. And that they don't doesn't make them any less moral than you. You think this one is worse. Maybe I think a murderer is a murderer and none of them deserve a pardon.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    It says right in wikipedia that none of the mass pardons in history like that are not included. Probably because they can't be documented in that format.

I didn't draw from the wiki source. I just had the knowledge that Carter pardoned draft dodgers.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    What priority do you place on this instance? Not everyone has the same moral priorities. And that they don't doesn't make them any less moral than you. You think this one is worse. Maybe I think a murderer is a murderer and none of them deserve a pardon.

As I was saying, liberal media spin might have shielded previous presidents bad actions (concerning pardons) from my eyes/ears. I'm simply asking someone, anyone, to cite me an instance of a guy who kidnaped a person, stripped them naked, and then apparently murdered them that was then pardoned... or something similar. Obviously, nothing is going go down exactly like that. I'd just want an example of person who committed a heinous crime being cut loose.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    Presidents are going to pardon unsavory people. It happens. I'm actually more concerned about pardons that have enduring effect on an institution (i.e. military). The president pardoned a guy who killed a suspected.... I'll say that again SUSPECTED terrorist that allegedly planted a roadside bomb and killed serval GIs. Was it the guy, probably, but they didn't have enough evidence to hold him. So he was ordered to be cut loose. Well the pardoned person in question, took the suspected terrorist out into the boonies, had him strip naked, and decided to interrogate him. Suspected terrorist ends up dead. How does one reconcile pardoning such a person?

https://www.armytimes.com/news/your...-former-us-soldier-who-killed-iraqi-prisoner/

Ok, I more than willing to blame the liberal media for not covering such instances when they occurred under Obama or Clinton... but I'm completely ignorant to an equivalent instance. That said if you could direct me to such and instance, or anybody, I would like to see it. I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around a soldier disobeying a direct order, stripping a guy down, and eventually killing him, being pardonable. It's a war crime, and does a disservice to all the honorable men and women in the service that do things the right way.

Gotta agree with Kut on this one... I have not read anything that justifies this pardon.

My best guess is that Trump sees it as "pro-military" in some strange "OJ Acquittal" kind of way - it's not right, but at least "one of ours" got the special "get out of jail free" card normally reserved for the fat-cats who can buy their way out of literally murder.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    As I was saying, liberal media spin might have shielded previous presidents bad actions (concerning pardons) from my eyes/ears. I'm simply asking someone, anyone, to cite me an instance of a guy who kidnaped a person, stripped them naked, and then apparently murdered them that was then pardoned... or something similar. Obviously, nothing is going go down exactly like that. I'd just want an example of person who committed a heinous crime being cut loose.

How about cutting loose a person who was involved, as a member of the weather underground and in conjunction with the black liberation movement, in a brink's robbery in which three guards were gunned down in cold blood? Pardoned by Clinton in the last hours of his last day in office. Jerry Nadler is dirty on this one, too

Look up Susan Rosenberg

This will get you started
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Susan_Rosenberg

Edit: Make that one Brink's guard and two Nyack, NY policemen murdered. Then look up Judith Alice Clark (the getaway driver and sister to Rosenberg in the WU) and see who is dirty in her clemency (perpetrated by Andrew Cuomo)

I guess if youre part of 'the struggle', being a cop killer is OK

Last edited:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    lu5pT93.gif

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    How about cutting loose a person who was involved, as a member of the weather underground and in conjunction with the black liberation movement, in a brink's robbery in which three guards were gunned down in cold blood? Pardoned by Clinton in the last hours of his last day in office. Jerry Nadler is dirty on this one, too

Look up Susan Rosenberg

This will get you started
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Susan_Rosenberg

She should've rotted in jail too.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    She should've rotted in jail too.

That’s kinda my point. Yes. She should be rotting in prison. So should the douchebag Trump pardoned. That much seemed obvious enough. That’s why this line of discussion feels a lot more like disavowal patrolling. I don’t care to play that game.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Sometimes it hard to believe that our president is really this stupid.

Via Twitter:

On June 10th, the United States will impose a 5% Tariff on all goods coming into our Country from Mexico, until such time as illegal migrants coming through Mexico, and into our Country, STOP. The Tariff will gradually increase until the Illegal Immigration problem is remedied,..

Who exactly does he think that 5% is going to be paid by?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom