The [Current Year] General Political/Salma Hayek discussion thread, part 4!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    7513278506_c0f5f8f9f4_m.jpg

I rest my case.

You were apparently born well after the heyday of Big Hair bands.

149rqra.jpg

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Breaking: in a series of tweets, Justin Amash says impeach.

Yeah. Sure. Trump did some ****ty things. Worthy of impeachment? I think the bar needs to be set very high to reach the point of impeachment, so that things like this aren’t politicized. ****ty things should be decided at the polls.

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Breaking: in a series of tweets, Justin Amash says impeach.

Yeah. Sure. Trump did some ****ty things. Worthy of impeachment? I think the bar needs to be set very high to reach the point of impeachment, so that things like this aren’t politicized. ****ty things should be decided at the polls.

Too early for impeachment, maybe. But if you listen to a younger version of Lindsay Graham, then Trump probably should be impeached.

In other news, what do ya'll think about the most recent, and possibly forthcoming, pardons? Sure, it's settled that it's in his ability to do so, but pardoning guys for war crimes or because they wrote a book about you? Meh.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It’s different from how most presidents pardon unsavory people. Obama. Bush. Clinton... At least they had the moral sense to wait until their last days in office.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Breaking: in a series of tweets, Justin Amash says impeach..

Question, not directed at you, just for my information...
    Who the hell is Justin amash and why are we supposed to give a **** about his opinion over any other person on the planet?

:dunno:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    It’s different from how most presidents pardon unsavory people. Obama. Bush. Clinton... At least they had the moral sense to wait until their last days in office.

Presidents are going to pardon unsavory people. It happens. I'm actually more concerned about pardons that have enduring effect on an institution (i.e. military). The president pardoned a guy who killed a suspected.... I'll say that again SUSPECTED terrorist that allegedly planted a roadside bomb and killed serval GIs. Was it the guy, probably, but they didn't have enough evidence to hold him. So he was ordered to be cut loose. Well the pardoned person in question, took the suspected terrorist out into the boonies, had him strip naked, and decided to interrogate him. Suspected terrorist ends up dead. How does one reconcile pardoning such a person?

https://www.armytimes.com/news/your...-former-us-soldier-who-killed-iraqi-prisoner/

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Question, not directed at you, just for my information...
    Who the hell is Justin amash and why are we supposed to give a **** about his opinion over any other person on the planet?

:dunno:

He is a never-Trumper Republican congressman who's been in a muti-year verbal feud with Trump. He's thinking of running in 2020 as a Libertarian. Naturally, as a Republican, this draws lot of PR from the MSM. You can expect to see him on Sunday morning and other talk shows.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    He is a never-Trumper Republican congressman who's been in a muti-year verbal feud with Trump. He's thinking of running in 2020 as a Libertarian. Naturally, as a Republican, this draws lot of PR from the MSM. You can expect to see him on Sunday morning and other talk shows.

Ah, a nobody then. 10-4

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Presidents are going to pardon unsavory people. It happens. I'm actually more concerned about pardons that have enduring effect on an institution (i.e. military). The president pardoned a guy who killed a suspected.... I'll say that again SUSPECTED terrorist that allegedly planted a roadside bomb and killed serval GIs. Was it the guy, probably, but they didn't have enough evidence to hold him. So he was ordered to be cut loose. Well the pardoned person in question, took the suspected terrorist out into the boonies, had him strip naked, and decided to interrogate him. Suspected terrorist ends up dead. How does one reconcile pardoning such a person?

https://www.armytimes.com/news/your...-former-us-soldier-who-killed-iraqi-prisoner/

Go through the list of people presidents have pardoned. You'll find equivalents all else equal. I think the moral position is to oppose all of them rather than singling out one because it happens to be a president you hate that did the pardoning.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Go through the list of people presidents have pardoned. You'll find equivalents all else equal. I think the moral position is to oppose all of them rather than singling out one because it happens to be a president you hate that did the pardoning.

Ok, I more than willing to blame the liberal media for not covering such instances when they occurred under Obama or Clinton... but I'm completely ignorant to an equivalent instance. That said if you could direct me to such and instance, or anybody, I would like to see it. I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around a soldier disobeying a direct order, stripping a guy down, and eventually killing him, being pardonable. It's a war crime, and does a disservice to all the honorable men and women in the service that do things the right way.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    When I was working in Germany I spent several weekends with friends in Zurich.
    He had a SIG SG 510 in a closet and back then he had ammo for it too. He wouldn't sell it to me though. :rolleyes:

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Pardoned, commuted or rescinded setences of convicted criminals.
    Gerald Ford - 409
    Jimmy Carter - 566
    Ronald Reagan - 406
    George HW Bush - 77
    Bill Clinton - 459
    George W Bush - 200
    Barach Obama - 1,927
    Donald Trump - 11 (as of July 10, 2018)

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Pardoned, commuted or rescinded setences of convicted criminals.
    Gerald Ford - 409
    Jimmy Carter - 566
    Ronald Reagan - 406
    George HW Bush - 77
    Bill Clinton - 459
    George W Bush - 200
    Barach Obama - 1,927
    Donald Trump - 11 (as of July 10, 2018)

Uhhh.... a cursory look tells me that list is incorrect. Wildly incorrect.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom