The [Current Year] General Political/Salma Hayek discussion thread, part 4!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    I hope that article isn't a "'but" to justify this type of thing," because it gives perspective that doesn't shine a better light on the current first family.

Obama shut down a airport at $88,000.00 for a couple hours so $100,000.00 for 6 hours is par for the coarse for ALL presidents......

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Depends on what "ok" means.

Like I said, I'm fairly certain that hotels charge by the day (at least the reputable establishments) regardless of how long the stay actually is.

Where should they go to get some rest, shower, clean up, etc. Take turns at a gas station bathroom sink?

The total wasn't itemized either, so WE DON'T KNOW what it was actually spent on. That hotel has a lot of other stuff available. It's not a Motel 6...

Keep in mind that this almost $100K bill is confined to the hotel stay ONLY. It doesn't factor in a number of other things associated with the trip.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Obama shut down a airport at $88,000.00 for a couple hours so $100,000.00 for 6 hours is par for the coarse for ALL presidents......

So, you're more concerned about comparisons than wasteful spending? It would seem logical to me, that whether it's $10, $100, $1000, or whatever figure above what seems reasonable to the "Average" person, then it should be equally condemned. Crazy right?

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    So, you're more concerned about comparisons than wasteful spending? It would seem logical to me, that whether it's $10, $100, $1000, or whatever figure above what seems reasonable to the "Average" person, then it should be equally condemned. Crazy right?

yes it is crazy.....BUT would you have brought it up if it was Michelle Obama?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So, apparently it is ok to spend $100k in taxpayer money for 6 hours in a hotel, as long as you can point to someone else who did some questionable spending beforehand.
    I’d like to know all the relevant details before I get bent out of shape about it. I’d like people who spend taxpayers’ money to be responsible about it. On the surface it looks bad, but I don’t have both sides.

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    yes it is crazy.....BUT would you have brought it up if it was Michelle Obama?

The more relevant question is whether this instance, concerning Melania, would have been brought up if I hadn't. I know the audience here, I don't need to bring up bad actions by the Obamas because someone will undoubtedly beat me to it, if I tried.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    The more relevant question is whether this instance, concerning Melania, would have been brought up if I hadn't. I know the audience here, I don't need to bring up bad actions by the Obamas because someone will undoubtedly beat me to it, if I tried.

Have you ever brought up any thing negative about Obama? Did you ever in 8 years question FLOTUS spending when Michelle was in that role? Or during the reign of the Clintons?

Face it, Kut, you have all the manifestations of TDS. Seek professional help! I’ve heard it’s treatable, but the first step to recovery is to admit you have it and not to try to shift it off to members who don’t have TDS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EMDX6043

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2015
    Hammond
    Keep in mind that this almost $100K bill is confined to the hotel stay ONLY. It doesn't factor in a number of other things associated with the trip.

Yes, that's true but we aren't talking about the "trip total".

Once again, it's not itemized so WE DON'T KNOW if that $95k was also for meals or any other "incidentals". Sure, the total seems high, but we have to keep the whole operation in perspective. This ain't ma n pa kettle heading out to Michigan City for the weekend.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Have you ever brought up any thing negative about Obama? Did you ever in 8 years question FLOTUS spending when Michelle was in that role? Or during the reign of the Clintons?

Face it, Kut, you have all the manifestations of TDS. Seek professional help! I’ve heard it’s treatable, but the first step to recovery is to admit you have it and not to try to shift it off to members who don’t have TDS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would believe that a person with TDS, would be one that has issues with Trump that are lacking in merit. I think it's completely fair to question the reasonableness of an almost $100K hotel tab, during a 6 hour stay in Egypt. You do not, as is your prerogative. However, I will continue to bring up things I have issues with, as it applies to the sitting administration.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I would believe that a person with TDS, would be one that has issues with Trump that are lacking in merit. I think it's completely fair to question the reasonableness of an almost $100K hotel tab, during a 6 hour stay in Egypt. You do not, as is your prerogative. However, I will continue to bring up things I have issues with, as it applies to the sitting administration.

A good example of rationalization of hypocrisy.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN

Everyone with TDS thinks their issues with Trump have merit. Just as you do.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom