• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    Here's the funny part. I don't remember what road we were on but there's an intersection and if I turn left I can get right up on the 65. So I get up to the light and the glorified ISP traffic cop tells me I can't turn left even though there's no one there I go what do you mean I can't turn left or 65 right there. He says turn right then go down and turn left and come back up.

So this dimwit puts me back into traffic going the opposite direction. So I reached f it. I was in my truck not my BMW, so I went over the median and did a u-turn. I did not go all the way down to the light and do a u-turn. Because there was no reason to when I could have easily turned left and been on 65 3 minutes ago.

Going in to park and coming out was an absolute cluster. The traffic patterns and the roads that were closed and direction they had us going made absolutely no sense whatsoever... coming out of the parking lot they put us on a road with four lanes. No one directing traffic. It was up to us to merge together four lanes into two. We get up to the light and there's two state troopers standing there. It was everything that I could not to roll my window down and say hey if you're going to stand there then do something with the traffic. If you're not going to do anything then get out of the damn way.

ISP was absolutely useless when it came to traffic control and they were the ones that were handling 90% of the traffic.

A couple of drunk guys with some flashlights could have done a better job

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    We got back to Greensburg after midnight. The monsoon that opened up on the drive was not fun. Hey, let's turn on flashers causing it to be harder to see really helps.

Dropped off our other party of 2, then headed to my folks. Kid got his merch. After some coffee, time to migrate back up north.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    For me, this was my 30th attended 500. I've been going since I was 15 (Missed 3 times: 1. The race that was run on Tuesday & getting off work another day was a hard no. 2. Buddy's wedding in Evansville- hottest race run on record. 3. Covid).
    This was the 2nd worst traffic year I've experienced.

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    "Vehicular traffic exiting Indianapolis Motor Speedway parking lots will be directed by public safety officials to ensure the quickest possible route."

Lol...that's bs. There wasn't a quick route in or out yesterday. It still sucked donkey balls... the problem is the public safety officials didn't do much when the way of directing. Out of the about dozen ISP meter maids that we saw on our way out only two were actually directing traffic the rest were just standing there

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    The race itself was one of the best I’ve seen in years. I was not there in person his year. However, given past exit the race history….

If Artificial Intelligence as it is hyped to be able to solve al the world’s problems, perhaps it could be used to solve the horrendous parking and traffic issues surrounding the Indy 500 because it’s clear the human idiots in charge are incompetent and worthless!

Last edited:

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    "Vehicular traffic exiting Indianapolis Motor Speedway parking lots will be directed by public safety officials to ensure the quickest possible route."

Lol...that's bs. There wasn't a quick route in or out yesterday. It still sucked donkey balls... the problem is the public safety officials didn't do much when the way of directing. Out of the about dozen ISP meter maids that we saw on our way out only two were actually directing traffic the rest were just standing there
    The police you see at the traffic locations have no input on traffic flow. They are given an assignment that says go to X location, send all traffic this direction, and don’t let any traffic go that direction. It’s a giant machine made of small cogs. All the police you encounter are doing is following their instructions.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    The race itself was one of the best I’ve seen in years. I was not there in person his year. However, given past exit the race history….

If Artificial Intelligence as it is hyped to be able to solve al the world’s problems, perhaps it could be used to solve the horrendous parking and traffic issues surrounding the Indy 500 because it’s clear the human idiots in charge are incompetent and worthless!
    I am curious if AI would be able to predict heavily traffic areas and simulate/plan strategy accordingly. That would be one area I would like to see AI actually used. Good idea.

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    The police you see at the traffic locations have no input on traffic flow. They are given an assignment that says go to X location, send all traffic this direction, and don’t let any traffic go that direction. It’s a giant machine made of small cogs. All the police you encounter are doing is following their instructions.
    Except the ones I saw were just standing around while people were fighting for position as lanes were being choked down..

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom