• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I hope he does well in Indy car. I'm not a Nascar fan but I hope he does well
    Some believe his popularity is based on nascar but his resume seems to show that he worked it closer to the old school way when the old guard racers earned fans and sponsors the hard way, racing in small towns and venues building a name, not on social media and jumping into high level racing with money. Fans earned the old fashioned way are far less fickle and more devoted to their drivers long term, no matter what series they race, than social media fans.

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    He will do just fine, he is racing within the Best series with a top owner that advances their people and rewards them also…..$$$$$
    Well that may be the case but like always tell my daughter- nothing is written in stone just because you think it will happen don't mean it will.

I do wish Larson all the best

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

greg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Plainfield,In
    And finally now we know.

What is it that we are supposed to know?

BTW…considering the race started when the Indy 500 was in the last 100 laps, and more than likely, many people stayed with the Indy 500 than the Coke 600…. Much to do about nothing as usual SMH!

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    And finally now we know.

A rain situation like Nascar had will always put a damper on ratings. Indy had a better scenario where their delay pushed them into a better time slot for West Coast. PLUS they had the intrigue of Kyle Larson drawing fans, as well as the other big controversy a couple races before. IIRC, they also had a good sized audience for bump day. Anyway, it all played out well for the Indy 500. But Nascar did fine considering the situation. I normally try to watch the 600 after coming home from the Indy 500, but I was just too beat to tune in.

I'm an Indycar fan, btw, not so much Nascar. But I love when they get someone doing the double. It makes me more likely to watch Nascar. I'm sure it does the other way around, too. A rising tide lifts all boats.

Side note....I've been to over 30 Indy 500's and this one was clearly one of the best. Of course, I feel like I say that every year. That's just how good the racing has been at Indy. For a LONG time. I just hope they don't screw it up with upcoming changes.

greg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Plainfield,In
    A rain situation like Nascar had will always put a damper on ratings. Indy had a better scenario where their delay pushed them into a better time slot for West Coast. PLUS they had the intrigue of Kyle Larson drawing fans, as well as the other big controversy a couple races before. IIRC, they also had a good sized audience for bump day. Anyway, it all played out well for the Indy 500. But Nascar did fine considering the situation. I normally try to watch the 600 after coming home from the Indy 500, but I was just too beat to tune in.

I'm an Indycar fan, btw, not so much Nascar. But I love when they get someone doing the double. It makes me more likely to watch Nascar. I'm sure it does the other way around, too. A rising tide lifts all boats.

Side note....I've been to over 30 Indy 500's and this one was clearly one of the best. Of course, I feel like I say that every year. That's just how good the racing has been at Indy. For a LONG time. I just hope they don't screw it up with upcoming changes.
    Gee… someone gets it!

***Ironhead***

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Morgan county

The rain was probably the most exciting thing at the 600.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    "Vehicular traffic exiting Indianapolis Motor Speedway parking lots will be directed by public safety officials to ensure the quickest possible route."

Lol...that's bs. There wasn't a quick route in or out yesterday. It still sucked donkey balls... the problem is the public safety officials didn't do much when the way of directing. Out of the about dozen ISP meter maids that we saw on our way out only two were actually directing traffic the rest were just standing there
    when they got the winning car up on the podium We walked from the paddock at the starting line to Lyndhurst in about 30 minutes after the race and drove straight west to 74 and was home in 70 minutes going 72 miles. Took less than 15 minutes to leave the yard we were in and hit 74

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    This is the 3rd year that the 30th St bridge is GONE. Along with other ongoing construction areas, affects traffic flow. IMPD/IPS have no control over that. I would like to know how you would have prevented the traffic jams. I would have liked to have gone home earlier and my guys/gals working the intersections would liked to have gotten you out sooner. They were working their intersections from 5am to 11pm, an 18hr day. We are open to suggestions.
    The men and women on Crawfordsville rd do excellent work. In the past you could walk faster than the cars on that road. The last few years traffic moves much faster.

Top Bottom