Text Released for HR 127 To provide for the licensing of firearm and ammunition possession and the registration of firearms, and to prohibit the posse

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    I may be optimistic but I personally have not heard Biden mention gun control since being elected. I know he wants it but I don't think the democrats will do much this early in the administration. They won't risk the mid terms and loosing all that power. They will want to get alot more progressive/communist crap passed first before pulling the gun control lever Im sure they remember the carnage they suffered after the 1st assault weapons ban. After the midterms though all bets are off. Kamala will be president by then. And everyone knows shela Jackson Lee is a kook. So yea gun control is comming and in a big way but I think we have 2-4 years...So by the time things smooth out...well you know

harleymac1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 19, 2013
    Morgan County
    It is a good thing that the financial impact of your (the government) handling of the whole COVID crisis forced me to sell all of my items that held any value, including my guns, to insure my family had food on the table and to purchase my medications. I have nothing left to register.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Thanks for posting. I'll be contacting my critters shortly. I'm not going to say much on here just to set heads on fire but I can't believe some gun owners support this kind of nonsense.

What a shame we have to fight this crap.

Same ones who said nothing about the bump stock ban because it doesnt affect them.

If you are one of them, I owe you a hearty in-person F you. I hope you die in a fire.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I may be optimistic but I personally have not heard Biden mention gun control since being elected. I know he wants it but I don't think the democrats will do much this early in the administration. They won't risk the mid terms and loosing all that power. They will want to get alot more progressive/communist crap passed first before pulling the gun control lever Im sure they remember the carnage they suffered after the 1st assault weapons ban. After the midterms though all bets are off. Kamala will be president by then. And everyone knows shela Jackson Lee is a kook. So yea gun control is comming and in a big way but I think we have 2-4 years...So by the time things smooth out...well you know
    Because we would push back. They will quietly try to pass these bills in hopes we dont notice until its too late.

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    Text for Bill 127

Looks like the gist of it is
    1) Registration of all firearms with database being accessable by law enforcement, military, any govt. agency, and the general public.
    2) Federal license to own or purchase a firearm.
    A) Mandatory training to own and purchase.
    B) Mandatory psychological exam to own and purchase a firearm.
    C) Mandatory purchase of insurance to own a firearm.
    3) Licensing fee of $800
    4) Illegal (not NFA) to own a magazine that holds more than 10 rounds.
    5) Description on what constitutes military style weapons
    Jeep hammer will be happy.

Don

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I wonder when they will try the same stuff on the first amendment? Want to talk? You must register the number of words you will use and pay an excise tax over your limit. Want to go to a religious service? Pay your tax, register your religion and verify you can understand the bible in Greek.

And on we go firmly against the supreme law of the land.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Introduced by Shelia Jackson Lee, one of the least bright members of the house, and that's saying a lot.

There is so much here to break down. Everyone will need to read the text of this disaster of a bill. Just a few pages in and the number of encroachments is too numerous to count.

You all know the exact date that everyone of your guns came into your possession, right?

Not to mention applicants must undergo a screening by a licensed psychologist. Mandatory training totalling at least 24 hours.

Whoo boy.

Kut said not to over react; there are more important things than this issue.

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    Call me when there is a co-sponsor, or it's progressed anywhere beyond introduction to the Judiciary Committee.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2021
    Indianapolis
    Im going to be working on a letter to my representatives demanding they say NO to this garbage bill and that can be used by others for the same purpose. I will post it as an open and editable document link in my Google drive and would appreciate any feedback assistance on it.
    Here is the link

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2021
    Indianapolis
    Im going to be working on a letter to my representatives demanding they say NO to this garbage bill and that can be used by others for the same purpose. I will post it as an open and editable document link in my Google drive and would appreciate any feedback assistance on it.
    Here is the link Letter about HR 127
    Could use some help coming up with something/wording in regards to mandatory psychological eval and mandatory training course.

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    Text for Bill 127

Looks like the gist of it is
    1) Registration of all firearms with database being accessable by law enforcement, military, any govt. agency, and the general public.
    2) Federal license to own or purchase a firearm.
    A) Mandatory training to own and purchase.
    B) Mandatory psychological exam to own and purchase a firearm.
    C) Mandatory purchase of insurance to own a firearm.
    3) Licensing fee of $800
    4) Illegal (not NFA) to own a magazine that holds more than 10 rounds.
    5) Description on what constitutes military style weapons

Jeephammer, paging Jeephammer. Now where is he to explain that none of this is happening or it's all just common sense (for everyone but the connected, elite, and of course the criminal element)! Just think, many of us will join the 3rd element)!

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville

Please dont bury your head in the sand or you WILL be singing shoulda, woulda, coulda!

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Here is the link Letter about HR 127

I am pretty sure my so called "representative" does not know how to read.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I wonder when they will try the same stuff on the first amendment? Want to talk? You must register the number of words you will use and pay an excise tax over your limit. Want to go to a religious service? Pay your tax, register your religion and verify you can understand the bible in Greek.

And on we go firmly against the supreme law of the land.

Why would they not?

Have you not seen how deadly words can be? Were you not around on Jan 6?

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    Horrible. And the fact it was proposed 2 weeks ago and doesn't have any other sponsors suggests there isn't much support for it (yet) in the House.

This is setting the outside margin of legislation. That won't get passed. The only issue is whether something "inside" of that margin gets traction.

Indeed, contact representatives and senators - even the Dem ones, if you happen to live in one of the few areas with a Dem representative.
    And so NOW is the time to light your reps up. I just sent an email tonight and will be calling his office tomorrow. Don't sit on this. We have to kill it before it sees the light of day. A strong statement now will scare others away from co-sponsorship. Make some noise, folks. Don't ust email. Call. Get your spouse or significant other to email AND call. Light 'em up.

Top Bottom