Tactical Response at it again. Dangerous and Unprofessional ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    [video=youtube;AiyLXgEbhQw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiyLXgEbhQw[/video]

Pincus is dropping an unloaded gun onto a cardboard pad and it ends up on the deck pointing towards him. Get your pitchforks!

So, can you show me where in these vids they then stomp on the guns and grind them into the dirt loaded? I watched both multiple times and have yet to see that happen. I have to have missed it in them both because there's no way you'd pull a straw man on us now just to defend an idol.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    So, can you show me where in these vids they then stomp on the guns and grind them into the dirt loaded? I watched both multiple times and have yet to see that happen. I have to have missed it in them both because there's no way you'd pull a straw man on us now just to defend an idol.

Easy bob, I'm against grinding the gun into the dirt.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    OK, then dropping a loaded gun? because while the vids you provided are cool and all, they have absolutely nothing to do with the topic at hand.

Try to keep up. I think most of us are against the stomp and grind that resulted in the ND. Some of us are responding to this:

And where does "dropping your gun" fit into "fighting pistol"? Isn't that contradictory?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    So, I took my Process Meter (which is pitted/gouged/melted) and threw it on the ground.
    When my boss looked at me, I told him, if I'm not willing to throw it on the ground, I'm not doing my job enough.
    He mumbled something about taking $800 out of my paycheck for it and firing me.
    I don't know, I stopped listening to him.
    If I listen to my boss, the next thing you know, they'll expect it all the time.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    So we're changing the narrative to fit our needs? Got to "win" at something? I guess I don't get it.

Having reached a consensus on gun-stomping, the discussion has shifted to the other element of the actions of the instructor, i.e., "The Drop." This really wouldn't qualify as a narrative change.

The point of contention is whether the never-was types who are telling us to drop our guns like the defenders of the Maginot Line are correct or not. The main argument for dropping at this point seems to be a mixture of claiming fuddism on the part of the opposition, and the perceived tactical advantages of losing positive control of your firearm. Also, it would appear the never-was types are extremely cool, ergo, their opinions hold great weight.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Bob, I'm not trying to "win" this conversation. I'm trying to decide if I should change how I practice.

Right now I drop my main gun if I have to quickly transition to my bug. I also think it is reasonable to have people drop their loaded handgun intentionally to help them get over the urge to try to catch their handgun if they fumble their draw.

I guess that point hits kind of close to home with me as one time I lost my grip on a handgun and "juggled it" trying to catch it. Trying to catch the gun was not safe at all and it made an impression on me that I needed to break myself of trying. I posted the videos to see if people's objection was to dropping the gun at all, dropping the loaded gun, or just Yeager. I also posted the Southnarc .pdf because he does not teach to drop the gun while drawing the bug and he seems to make sense in what he does.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    [video=youtube;W4S9fGq8-K8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4S9fGq8-K8[/video]

Again, dropping a presumably unloaded gun, if that matters, which I suspect it might if we did not always treat all guns as if they were loaded.

Top Bottom