Tactical Response at it again. Dangerous and Unprofessional ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Style? So, this is a style now? Which style is this? Moronic numbnuts style?

Look, there is joint and several liability in the gun culture. If some Tactical Practical Bearded Wonder wants to do something stupid, it should not be associated with guns.

One does not need dangerous recklessness of stomping on gun to accomplish any goal. It is simply stupidity masquerading as marketing.

Even Yeager disavowed stomping on guns. It's stupid. Don't do it. Don't defend it.

There is no logical reason to stomp on guns. If you do, you hurt the entire gun culture.

Kirk, I think you are right about stomping on guns being a bad idea and unsafe. It should not be done.

In the interest of furthering this discussion of what is safe and not safe, I would like to separate dropping and stomping. Let's say for a moment that the stomping issue is decided.

Myself, I see the place for dropping guns, I do not see the place for stomping on them. Obviously some folks on here see no place for either action.

Do you think that intentionally dropping guns, whether in training or practice is reasonable or dangerously moronic or something else?

(I was going to make a distinction between loaded and unloaded guns being dropped, but as we should all know, we treat them all like they are all loaded.)

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Myself, I see the place for dropping guns, I do not see the place for stomping on them. Obviously some folks on here see no place for either action.

Do you think that intentionally dropping guns, whether in training or practice is reasonable or dangerously moronic or something else?

(I was going to make a distinction between loaded and unloaded guns being dropped, but as we should all know, we treat them all like they are all loaded.)

What's point of dropping a gun intentionally? So you can prove it won't discharge? I seriously don't get the point.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I cannot understand why anyone needs to train to drop a gun. Switching to back up? Holster your primary. Out of ammo? Holster it. When is dropping a gun the only practical decision?

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    When you're being shot at and you need to run away and jump into a ditch like a *****!

FIFY

So when does the next "Gun Drop Training" class begin.
    Will there be a beginning gun drop class and then move up to more experienced gun dropping classes? Will they be divided up into pistol drop vs rifle drop. I can't wait to start throwing my shotgun down.

Hey, if I'm on the stairs and need to drop my gun, do I try to throw it upstairs or downstairs or just over the railing? I want to make sure I do it right. Can someone call Yeager to check, please. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Or in my case, when you're retarded and forgot to top off your pistol mags before the next transitions box drill. Transitioned to the pistol and quickly ran it dry. Tossed the pistol and started getting the carbine back running while moving to cover.

Kirk may not approve of the words "transition" or "move", but I do not believe I had a beard at the time.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Or in my case, when you're retarded and forgot to top off your pistol mags before the next transitions box drill. Transitioned to the pistol and quickly ran it dry. Tossed the pistol and started getting the carbine back running while moving to cover.

Kirk may not approve of the words "transition" or "move", but I do not believe I had a beard at the time.

Serious question, did you have to practice dropping a real gun in order to drop a gun when required.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

I only approve of "transition" when:

1. It references an APA to an IPA.

2. when it is said tactically as in "traaaaansition". It should be accompanied with flippy guns and suppressor burns on expensive tactical pants.

Top Bottom