• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Just finished watching this while doing some odds and ends around the house. Laundry, clean the kitchen, etc.
    From what I understand survivor type forums really think a lot of Les Stroud while not so much for some of the other guys out their.

I try to keep an open mind and have always kind of got a kick out of these alien/bigfoot/yeti shows. I'd like to think there are creatures out there that humans haven't found yet. Every couple years scientist 'discover' some species that everyone thought were extinct. Just thought I'd see what the other forum members think about this kind of stuff.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    About bigfoot stuff or Les Stroud?

I don't think much of the former, I do like Les though. I think the reason a lot of people thing highly of him and not so highly of SOME other survivor type celebrities (Bear Gryls for one) is because of the great difference in the shows. Les did all of his own camera work. That meant that shows he was filming he would walk ahead, set up a camera, go back and re-trace his path to get the footage WHILE carrying all of the other camera gear. He was out there by himself with nothing but an emergency pinger type device for rescue if he really did get in a life or death scenario, and he most often was literally in the middle of nowhere. Bear Grylls OTOH, had a huge camera crew and support crew for some of his episodes. And rarely was he truly in the middle of nowhere, it was often as close as they possibly could film to the parking lot they parked in that morning so it meant less walking for the crew. Some of the STUPID things Bear did on his show (things a person trying to survive should NEVER risk doing) proved that his show was about the drama, not about teaching valuable survival skills... and if that risky thing he just did got him in trouble, no worries the crew would rescue him. In a real survival scenario he would die. Every one of Les's Survivorman shows was a TRUE survival scenario; one slip up and he's dead.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I like the show normally. I have to believe in Bigfoot because I told the wife I had to have my 444 marlin outfitter to Bigfoot hunt.

i added this just to make it a bit more believable for her:

that mythical creature is toast if I see one in range. After I prove they are real then they can call it a endangered species.

Still have not figured out what I want for those extraterrestrial Aliens I keep seeing on history channel. They do not have the pulse rifles from the alien films figured out yet. I don't think the government wants to let me have a SAW. For now I just stick with the old AK 47 I guess.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    I also saw the show. I think he did a good job of being there to find his own evidence and giving the other guys video and opinion up for the audience to believe or not believe. The video they showed of a close up of a bigfoot blinking looked like anamatronics (sp?) to me.

The trees placed in tee-pee fashion were obviously placed there, I think by the guy he had with him, not bigfoot.

Until someone brings in a body for evidence I am strongly in the critic corner.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    When I finally have Sasquatch on spit slowly turning over coals in my back yard, I'm not inviting any naysayers to the barbecue.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    When I finally have Sasquatch on spit slowly turning over coals in my back yard, I'm not inviting any naysayers to the barbecue.

HAHAHA!

Those BFRO guys kill me. Last night they had the Danville Kentucky Turtle guy on there - truly funny guy. The whole idea that BF can get through the woods of Southern Indiana and Northern Kentucky without tripping trail cameras all over the place is rediculous. I've hunted nearly all my life and have never seen any sign. I've seen two cougars at Crane in 30 years - ZERO bigfoot. No kill sites that indicate anything but indiginous animals, no tracks, no trail cam pics, no sightings - and don't know anyone who has.

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    HAHAHA!

Those BFRO guys kill me. Last night they had the Danville Kentucky Turtle guy on there - truly funny guy. The whole idea that BF can get through the woods of Southern Indiana and Northern Kentucky without tripping trail cameras all over the place is rediculous. I've hunted nearly all my life and have never seen any sign. I've seen two cougars at Crane in 30 years - ZERO bigfoot. No kill sites that indicate anything but indiginous animals, no tracks, no trail cam pics, no sightings - and don't know anyone who has.

Location, Location, Location :D

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    I try to keep an open mind and have always kind of got a kick out of these alien/bigfoot/yeti shows. I'd like to think there are creatures out there that humans haven't found yet. Every couple years scientist 'discover' some species that everyone thought were extinct. Just thought I'd see what the other forum members think about this kind of stuff.

Personnaly, I doubt we'll find Bigfoot. Yes, we do find new speciies from time to time, but my recollection is they temd to be smaller creatures, insects, birds, etc. I do'nt know what the last "big" mamal was that has been discovered. Don;t know how ot define "big" but lets say over 100 #'s/ 50 kilos and 5 feet/1.5 meters long/tall, and lets keep it to land based...

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    The discovery of the Mountain Gorilla took place in the Virunga Mountains, on October 17th, 1902, by Robert von Beringe...

But I digress. Neither the giant squid nor the mountain gorilla was discovered near Danville Kentucky with thousands of trail cams in the woods year round.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Well, being half Kentuckian, I'm going to have to say that there is probably a large variety of nominally humanoid life forms dwelling in Kentucky that we have yet to encounter and document. Whether or not Sasquatch is among them remains to be seen.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Well, being half Kentuckian, I'm going to have to say that there is probably a large variety of nominally humanoid life forms dwelling in Kentucky that we have yet to encounter and document. Whether or not Sasquatch is among them remains to be seen.

LOL! Have to agree. Most of my family is from one part of Kentucky or another, born in Louisville myself, roots in Hazard County and areas around Owensboro. My son has the Eastern Kentucky stare down PAT.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    A) I really do like Les. Love his shows, and the fact that he really does practice what he preaches.

B) My wife is totally fascinated by the Bigfoot/Yeti stories. I'm a bit more practical. Heck, my undergrad experience is in Biology. Is something out there we can't explain? Yes, obviously. Is it a "Bigfoot"? I'll need more info for an answer. CLEAR video/pictures. DNA evidence, or <gasp> a body.

c) Les' show totally Jumped the Shark, for me. I really hoped it would be a more rigorous approach to the Bigfoot hunt. But, it was just more stomping around in the woods, looking at something they didn't have an answer for, and then saying "it MUST be a Bigfoot!". For all anyone knows, it could have been aliens, gnomes, or bored teenagers.

The Russian Yeti show that has been airing recently did a much better job. Some fairly compelling evidence presented, but it STILL fell short of anything remotely scientific. For crying out loud - if you are going to CAMP, set out BAIT, or try to ATTRACT something, set up some freaking GAME CAMERAS!!! This "Blair Witch" style of "research" is completely worthless.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    A) I really do like Les. Love his shows, and the fact that he really does practice what he preaches.

B) My wife is totally fascinated by the Bigfoot/Yeti stories. I'm a bit more practical. Heck, my undergrad experience is in Biology. Is something out there we can't explain? Yes, obviously. Is it a "Bigfoot"? I'll need more info for an answer. CLEAR video/pictures. DNA evidence, or <gasp> a body.

c) Les' show totally Jumped the Shark, for me. I really hoped it would be a more rigorous approach to the Bigfoot hunt. But, it was just more stomping around in the woods, looking at something they didn't have an answer for, and then saying "it MUST be a Bigfoot!". For all anyone knows, it could have been aliens, gnomes, or bored teenagers.

The Russian Yeti show that has been airing recently did a much better job. Some fairly compelling evidence presented, but it STILL fell short of anything remotely scientific. For crying out loud - if you are going to CAMP, set out BAIT, or try to ATTRACT something, set up some freaking GAME CAMERAS!!! This "Blair Witch" style of "research" is completely worthless.

I had the same issue with both shows - all of those shows - if you have an area that supposedly has an animal that you want to know more about put out trail cams. The IDNR does that - where do you think those pics of the cougar in Green county came from? An IDNR trail camera. Les should have taken a few dozen trail cams with him, slipped in as quiet as possible, set them up, stay low, stay quiet, wait a couple weeks, check them on the way out. Sure seems better than stomping around and not seeing anything.

What did you think of the up close and in focus video of the "bigfoot" blinking? I thought it looked like some pretty good animatronics.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Good to see read everyone's opinions. My thoughts on Les's show mirror several other posters. I though most intriguing his outtake from his Alaskan trip. If anyone would now real animal sounds, it's Les. For him not to know what made the sound is odd.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I had the same issue with both shows - all of those shows - if you have an area that supposedly has an animal that you want to know more about put out trail cams. The IDNR does that - where do you think those pics of the cougar in Green county came from? An IDNR trail camera. Les should have taken a few dozen trail cams with him, slipped in as quiet as possible, set them up, stay low, stay quiet, wait a couple weeks, check them on the way out. Sure seems better than stomping around and not seeing anything.

What did you think of the up close and in focus video of the "bigfoot" blinking? I thought it looked like some pretty good animatronics.

Sasquatch carries a biga** electromagnet made with a half a dozen car batteries and an I-beam to mess with the memory cards in the cameras.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Sasquatch carries a biga** electromagnet made with a half a dozen car batteries and an I-beam to mess with the memory cards in the cameras.

HAHAHA!

Ok. I'm a believer again.

That guy he was toddling around behind is either a huge big ole fat liar, or someone's playing some serious tricks on him.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tpvilla
    Top Bottom