• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Yeah man. Almost twice the pressure a PCP airgun is filled to, but across a much huger surface area, with glued / flanged / bolted composite construction and a glass observation dome, and people inside. Really, the "benign system failure" scenario that has them bobbing dizzily around atop the surface waves, but still alive, is possible but the least likely scenario. I have to imagine they had some kind of beacon going that didn't require humans to operate, so to me, the lack of signal rules out the fire/smoky cabin/Payne Stewart oxygen-loss, everybody dead on board an intact craft type scenario. The lack of comms at near max dive depth really makes it look like the thing just popped violently at depth and fragged all the systems.

From watching the video in post #54 , I am just incredulous they were taking paying human customers on something that had only been tested at depth one time. This is the kind of thing that can give you some small measure of relief at not being rich and adventurous.

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Yeah man. Almost twice the pressure a PCP airgun is filled to, but across a much huger surface area, with glued / bolted / flanged construction and a glass observation dome, and people inside. Really, the "benign system failure" scenario that has them bobbing dizzily around atop the surface waves, but still alive, is the least likely scenario. I have to imagine they had some kind of beacon going that didn't require humans to operate, which rules out the fire/smoky cabin/Payne Stewart oxygen type scenario, so the lack of comms really makes it look like the thing just popped violently at depth and fragged all the systems.

From watching the video in post #54 , I am just incredulous they were taking paying human customers on something that had not even been tested at full depth. This is the kind of thing that can give you some small measure of relief at not being rich and adventurous.
    Lets just hope they had a bulletproof liability waiver.
    Though since the owner is the pilot of the craft, he wont care. :dunno:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Oh, and I agree with the SubBrief video about controlling using a wireless battery powered controller.

What?
    Meh. Just have a backup. or two.

Seriously. Whe was the last time you were playing a video game with new batteries and it died? And when it did? As long as you could reach into the coffee table and grab another, no biggie. Right?

With proper backups, a NAME BRAND controller is plenty reliable enough.

Two is one and one is none. Dont overthink it.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Meh. Just have a backup. or two.

Seriously. Whe was the last time you were playing a video game with new batteries and it died? And when it did? As long as you could reach into the coffee table and grab another, no biggie. Right?

With proper backups, a NAME BRAND controller is plenty reliable enough.

Two is one and one is none. Dont overthink it.
    yeah, except when you had to reboot the system for it to pair up with the controller, etc.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    Ya know.. if I were rich ba****d, I don't think I'd waste it on a trip like this. You can't see anything for more than a couple meters away and takes hours to get there & back (if you make it back).

I'd rather risk it on a space launch/orbit. I'd rather be put up in SpaceX or SpaceshipOne where you can see everything (earth, sky, weather, oceans). It'd be a much more amazing trip. And if you didn't make it back down, well at least you got to see the world from a unique perspective.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Ya know.. if I were rich ba****d, I don't think I'd waste it on a trip like this. You can't see anything for more than a couple meters away and takes hours to get there & back (if you make it back).

I'd rather risk it on a space launch/orbit. I'd rather be put up in SpaceX or SpaceshipOne where you can see everything (earth, sky, weather, oceans). It'd be a much more amazing trip. And if you didn't make it back down, well at least you got to see the world from a unique perspective.
    One of the passengers already did that. Lol

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    So if they are alive and stuck on the bottom. Then what? Its not like they can send down Alec Baldwin in another sub, hook onto it, and transfer them out.

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Top Bottom