Student loan 'Forgiveness",Too little to help anyone, just enough to make everyone angry

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I'm in the relative minority of people whose student debt will be ended outright under this proposal. This is because I borrowed fairly responsibly and cut costs everywhere I could, including in many ways not available to many people.

I would happily pay that debt if it undid the 2020 election and we all got to keep 2019 prices and policies. I guess it'll be nice to not worry about that modest payment every month, but the saving won't even come close to covering Bidenflation, which will now be worse.

For most debtholders this is a minor haircut to their debt load, and it's mostly upper class people who will get it.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I have been lied to most of my life by the gov't, employers, people. Wheres my ****ing pay day? I paid the price repeatedly for my poor choices when I was younger. No one bailed me out. **** them. **** all of them. No more. No more regulations. No more taxes. No more bailouts. ****. ALL. OF. THEM. Not one more ****ing thing from these mother ****ing **** sucking ***hole mother ****ers.
    Careful now, you're making me blush :wwub::wwub::wwub::wwub::wwub:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I'm not expecting any help.

When I was talking to recruiters for ITT tech.
    They lied...about almost everything. I didn't know they were lying but they told me things like. Once I got my degree due to demand I'd have a starting salary of 65k. My first job out of college paid $11 an hour. About a third of what I was told.

I graduated in 05 didn't hit that 65k till 2016ish.

I can imagine for more then a few they were told similar lies. " I'll take on 30,40,50k in debt bc my job will be awesome and I'll be able to pay it."

Maybe focus less on hate for the citizens who made poor decisions but more so on the politicians making these poor decisions.

I'm not a big fan of these loan cancelations etc. But I won't tell them no thank you if they offer to remove mine.
    Sue ITT tech.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    For most debtholders this is a minor haircut to their debt load, and it's mostly upper class people who will get it.
    For non debt holders it's a **** up the *** on several levels.

I'm not seeing any relief from inflation but I'll sure get to see the increase of it. I'm not seeing my monthly bills lowered. I'm stuck with the same fake election results as everyone else.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    For non debt holders it's a **** up the *** on several levels.

I'm not seeing any relief from inflation but I'll sure get to see the increase of it. I'm not seeing my monthly bills lowered. I'm stuck with the same fake election results as everyone else.
    This. Bust your ass to get debt free only to watch the ****ing .gov handing out your hard earned money so others don't have to. Then get to pay more for everything because these ****ing morons don't understand basic economics. **** me these ****ers are stupid as ****

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I have been lied to most of my life by the gov't, employers, people. Wheres my ****ing pay day? I paid the price repeatedly for my poor choices when I was younger. No one bailed me out. **** them. **** all of them. No more. No more regulations. No more taxes. No more bailouts. ****. ALL. OF. THEM. Not one more ****ing thing from these mother ****ing **** sucking ***hole mother ****ers.

I ****ing swear to ****ing god I can't even begin to ****ing express my god damn anger at these ****ing **** suckers and the ****ing ******** these mother ****ing ***holes have been bringing down on us. I just ****ing can't ****ing express how deeply angered and ****ing pissed the **** off I am about this ****ing ********. I just ****ing cant. **** all these mother ****ers all the way to hell and hope they burn for all ****ing eternity reliving their idiotic ****ing poor choices and desire to take **** that isnt theirs from others that worked their
    ****ing asses off.
    for @phylodog

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy

They lied...about almost everything. I didn't know they were lying but they told me things like. Once I got my degree due to demand I'd have a starting salary of 65k. My first job out of college paid $11 an hour. About a third of what I was told.

I can imagine for more then a few they were told similar lies. " I'll take on 30,40,50k in debt bc my job will be awesome and I'll be able to pay it."

Maybe focus less on hate for the citizens who made poor decisions but more so on the politicians making these poor decisions.

I'm not a big fan of these loan cancelations etc. But I won't tell them no thank you if they offer to remove mine.
    There but for the grace. I signed up at Ivy Tech around 07 after high school and EASILY could have ended up at ITT instead. A whole bunch of my high school friends did. Very similar experience of finishing school and learning that, oh, this job actually pays ****-pot money working in crap conditions for scummy people and I wasted my time and money preparing for it. Difference was I had $8k borrowed and not $80k for that mistake, and at least my AAS knocked some credits off real university later.

ITT marketed extremely aggressively to very young people with not many opportunities who didn't know better. There's no way to go to court and claw that money back out of the corpse of ITT. I feel better about bailing them out than yet another irresponsible overleveraged bank.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    You (I mean the specific you) are acting like anyone has a say in the matter. I have Debt that will be forgiven, and am grateful. I will be paying back everyone's debt regardless if I collect it or not. Everyone that works will pay it back as well. You are acting like this is something the students/borrowers started, it isn't. Most of these debts will never get repaid. This is a bailout for the lending companies. This will happen again and again, basic corporate bailout wearing a mask of helping the student debtor.
    Funny thing, none of that college load debt is mine nor my familys. My sister, sons and myself choose to earn the GI Bill to pay tuitions if desired.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I'd be fine with this whole welfare, vote buying ******** if those of us getting money poxed over it would get a 5% across the board reduction in federal taxes in leu of this handout. Seems fair enough, I'm sure no one receiving the free money would have a problem with that, right?

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana

I worked with another mechanic and his son did the whole ITT school thing, his dad payed for it, what a huge waste of money.
    He would have learned more working in the field for 6 months that the time spent at ITT.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Funny thing, none of that college load debt is mine nor my familys. My sister, sons and myself choose to earn the GI Bill to pay tuitions if desired.
    I forgot about my GI bill. I never used it, had a nagging baby momma who felt I should only be entitled to around 15% of what I actually brought home so I never had time to use it unfortunately.

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I'd be fine with this whole welfare, vote buying ******** if those of us getting money poxed over it would get a 5% across the board reduction in federal taxes in leu of this handout. Seems fair enough, I'm sure no one receiving the free money would have a problem with that, right?
    I mean, if we;re going to bring on hyper inflation and jus print money give EVERYONE $10k. Then no one can complain they didn't get their fair share.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I mean, if we;re going to bring on hyper inflation and jus print money give EVERYONE $10k. Then no one can complain they didn't get their fair share.
    I like that approach better. Actually, give every adult in the country $1,000,000.00 but don't allow them access to it for a year. The education that would provide to millions would be invaluable and entertaining as hell.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I forgot about my GI bill. I never used it, had a nagging baby momma who felt I should only be entitled to around 15% of what I actually brought home so I never had time to use it unfortunately.
    Dont feel bad, I never touched mine either.
    My sister had about 3 cents in hers when she was done. It paid for most of her degrees and to go through Jacksonvilles Sheriffs Academy.

When my #2 is done the plan is to get some kind of financial degree. 1# hes gonna be a lifer, time will tell.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    I could probably get behind something... maybe interest reductions? But it needs to go hand in hand with reforms to the system. I would like to see them dischargeable in bankruptcy. I think that would tighten up lending standards. Schools have limited reasons to control costs when students can borrow a near unlimited amount of money.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I could probably get behind something... maybe interest reductions? But it needs to go hand in hand with reforms to the system. I would like to see them dischargeable in bankruptcy. I think that would tighten up lending standards. Schools have limited reasons to control costs when students can borrow a near unlimited amount of money.
    I think any of this money should be coming from the schools or the loan institutions.
    They HELPED create the problem.

Top Bottom