Student loan 'Forgiveness",Too little to help anyone, just enough to make everyone angry

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I have a 6 figure job, a side business, a house,a couple cars a sailboat, no credit cards.

The only debt I have is mortgage and student loans.

I went to a ******** "college" that is now closed down. Been paying my student loans since 05.

If that gov just happens to swoop in and cancel them. Am I all of a sudden a deadbeat, despite my hard work and various levels of success?

Now imagine 1000s of people out there just trying to scratch out a living. Paying their bills, taking care of their families, paying student loans. The gov cancels the debt. Maybe they voted for Brandon maybe the votes for trump. Are these hard working folks now deadbeats?

Are there people out there stuck with student loans bc of bad decisions and they are doing all they can to get out of it. Sure.

All I'm saying is maybe check your attitude towards the folks that will benefit from this.
    You agreed to pay back a debt. You are now expecting a handout to cover that debt because someone owes you. You are a piece of **** ("you" being the royal you and not specific). Don't borrow something you can't pay back or don't expect to pay back. Period. Managing expectations and living within your means should be expected, not the exception and I for one am sick and ****ing tired of paying for everyone elses ****ups.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I have a 6 figure job, a side business, a house,a couple cars a sailboat, no credit cards.

The only debt I have is mortgage and student loans.

I went to a ******** "college" that is now closed down. Been paying my student loans since 05.

If that gov just happens to swoop in and cancel them. Am I all of a sudden a deadbeat, despite my hard work and various levels of success?

Now imagine 1000s of people out there just trying to scratch out a living. Paying their bills, taking care of their families, paying student loans. The gov cancels the debt. Maybe they voted for Brandon maybe the votes for trump. Are these hard working folks now deadbeats?

Are there people out there stuck with student loans bc of bad decisions and they are doing all they can to get out of it. Sure.

All I'm saying is maybe check your attitude towards the folks that will benefit from this.
    Maybe they should keep their hands out of my pocket, and I'd have less of an attitude.

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Maybe they should keep their hands out of my pocket, and I'd have less of an attitude.
    This. Or if you're just going to print money and hand it out give EVERYONE $10k. done. Send everyone that filed their taxes last year a $10k check. I mean we aready are looking down he barrel of runaway inflation, just pull the ****ing trigger and let everyone have a last gasp as they run the country into the ground.

PErsonally I am tired of working my ass off doing the right thing. Apparently it makes me a chump.

Judamonster

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 19, 2022
    You agreed to pay back a debt. You are now expecting a handout to cover that debt because someone owes you. You are a piece of **** ("you" being the royal you and not specific). Don't borrow something you can't pay back or don't expect to pay back. Period. Managing expectations and living within your means should be expected, not the exception and I for one am sick and ****ing tired of paying for everyone elses ****ups.
    You (I mean the specific you) are acting like anyone has a say in the matter. I have Debt that will be forgiven, and am grateful. I will be paying back everyone's debt regardless if I collect it or not. Everyone that works will pay it back as well. You are acting like this is something the students/borrowers started, it isn't. Most of these debts will never get repaid. This is a bailout for the lending companies. This will happen again and again, basic corporate bailout wearing a mask of helping the student debtor.

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    You (I mean the specific you) are acting like anyone has a say in the matter. I have Debt that will be forgiven, and am grateful. I will be paying back everyone's debt regardless if I collect it or not. Everyone that works will pay it back as well. You are acting like this is something the students/borrowers started, it isn't. Most of these debts will never get repaid. This is a bailout for the lending companies. This will happen again and again, basic corporate bailout wearing a mask of helping the student debtor.
    Believe me, I've seen more than a little push from the "I shouldn't have to repay this its unfair" crowd on this topic. We all know it's ******** from the top down and the only people it's actually helping are the lenders/banks/cronies. But there are millions of angry people because it wasn't ALL student debt being forgiven.

And lets look at that... can't find a job to pay your loans? ****ing McD's right down the street is hiring at $19/****ing hour. You can't make a minimum ****ing payment when you're bringing in $650/wk? Then you have some ****ed up priorities

Wstar425

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2018
    Sandia Park, New Mexico
    I have a 6 figure job (just barely), a house, couple cars, couple bikes, and 2 kids that I suspect both have over $10K debt still. Only owe on house. Married UP! I DID NOT go to college.

WE paid for over half of each kids’ college costs, loans for rest. They were both paying extra until the deferments, then heard about possible Forgiveness, and asked me what to do? I said stop paying, put that money in a separate savings account and wait and see. Why make your last payment the day before “free” $10K? I don’t know if they are doing that or not. We gave each kid $10K towards buying a house, and bought them each a Honda Civic when they started college. That’s OUR kids, not the entire country!!

I don’t know why I should have to pay for ANYONES DEBT!!!!! I didn’t even go to college. Am I getting $10K back for each child of what I paid? Nope.

On the way home I kept hearing until I was sick that women have 80 percent of student loans and black women have the majority of that, and will graduate with twice as much debt as white women. So?

Guess who identifies as a black woman now?

Last edited:

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I spent 5 semesters in college. Realized it was not for me. I was paying on y student loans while taking classes and working 45-50 hours per week at walmart. I had many weeks where I had $20 to buy food and gas for 2 weeks. Gas had to be purchased to get to work so I'd go a couple days here and there without food. I'd give rides to stores for a lunch in hte commons or cafeteria. I ended up with about $5k in debt. We paid off our mortgage, we haven't had a car loan in 10 years. We bust our ass and what do we get? We get a big **** you you owe people more.

So please tell me how I am supposed to feel sorry for people.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Can I get a tip or some inside information ahead of time so I can take advantage of the next round of free **** handed out to buy votes?

I'm not getting $10,000 in debt relieved.
    I don't have a six figure salary anymore (thanks Covidemocrats!!!).
    I have a truck, a motorcycle and a near $400,000 mortgage.

Can I get a waiver that says I don't have to pay for the free **** other people get but I don't? Where's my $10,000? I worked a second job to pay off my Son's tuition to Purdue, can I get some of that money back? I don't get the benefit of a taxpayer funded bachelor's degree in gender fluidity so I can work a job waiting tables and bitching about how the government is screwing me over by expecting me to pay for the loans I agreed to pay for.

My daughter very well may start at Purdue next year, can I get the first $10,000 free? No? Color me surprised. This entire thing is a 30 ton sack of **** and it's sad how many can't wait to get their handful. Anyone remember when values had value?

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Can I get a tip or some inside information ahead of time so I can take advantage of the next round of free **** handed out to buy votes?

Can I get a waiver that says I don't have to pay for the free **** other people get but I don't? Where's my $10,000? I worked a second job to pay off my Son's tuition to Purdue, can I get some of that money back? I don't get the benefit of a taxpayer funded bachelor's degree in gender fluidity so I can work a job waiting tables and bitching about how the government is screwing me over by expecting me to pay for the loans I agreed to pay for.

My daughter very well may start at Purdue next year, can I get the first $10,000 free? No? Color me surprised. This entire thing is a 30 ton sack of **** and it's sad how many can't wait to get their handful. Anyone remember when values had value?
    Which is why when people say this can be fixed in november I call ********

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    So now, instead of getting your "student debt" paid off and being done... eventually.. we have to pay off student debt for the REST OF OUR LIVES.

Great call.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Instead of getting $10,000, guess what will happen... cost of college JUST GOT RAISED.
    Cause of "free" money.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    Okay, everybody chill out a bit.

There are plenty of hard-working tax-paying honest, decent folks out there who will have part or all of their student loans forgiven if this goes through, even though they never asked for it or voted for any of the morons who are pushing it. No call to bash on these folks.

On the other hand, there a plenty of hard-working tax-paying honest, decent folks who worked hard and skipped a lot of pleasures and conveniences in life to pay off their debt early, and now they're being essentially punished for it, and having their money forcibly taken from them and handed over to other folks simply because those folks either borrowed more, didn't work as hard, or some combination of those or other factors. So if they get a little bit hot-headed and start talking about the people receiving these cash handouts as being deadbeat, entitled morons, I think we could forgive them for overgeneralizing.

At the end of the day, this is just the latest drop on top of a huge mountain of crap going on in our country already, so let's not start getting an each others' throats over it. The politicians and their cronies are the real ones benefiting from this, and if we lose sight of them as the real enemy, then they just get to play divide and conquer with all of us.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I'm not expecting any help.

When I was talking to recruiters for ITT tech.
    They lied...about almost everything. I didn't know they were lying but they told me things like. Once I got my degree due to demand I'd have a starting salary of 65k. My first job out of college paid $11 an hour. About a third of what I was told.

I graduated in 05 didn't hit that 65k till 2016ish.

I can imagine for more then a few they were told similar lies. " I'll take on 30,40,50k in debt bc my job will be awesome and I'll be able to pay it."

Maybe focus less on hate for the citizens who made poor decisions but more so on the politicians making these poor decisions.

I'm not a big fan of these loan cancelations etc. But I won't tell them no thank you if they offer to remove mine.

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I'm not expecting any help.

When I was talking to recruiters for ITT tech.
    They lied...about almost everything. I didn't know they were lying but they told me things like. Once I got my degree due to demand I'd have a starting salary of 65k. My first job out of college paid $11 an hour. About a third of what I was told.

I graduated in 05 didn't hit that 65k till 2016ish.

I can imagine for more then a few they were told similar lies. " I'll take on 30,40,50k in debt bc my job will be awesome and I'll be able to pay it."

Maybe focus less on hate for the citizens who made poor decisions but more so on the politicians making these poor decisions.

I'm not a big fan of these loan cancelations etc. But I won't tell them no thank you if they offer to remove mine.
    Ok no, the people begging for this can **** all the way off to hell. And take their piece of **** politicians with them. I am ****ing sick and tired of being punished over and over for doing the right things. Pay more taxes because we didn't have kids. Pay more taxes because shity little towns want to annex and be big little towns. Pay off other peoples loans. Pay for other peoples kids.

No. **** all of them.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Who else can I write a check to for making bad decisions or being lied to?

My government lies to me all the time and it costs me a **** load of money. Can I get some free money from the government too?

I made a bad decision one time when I bought a house. It really sucked, the government lied to me and I ended up with a near unlivable house I was supposed to be able to borrow against immediately to renovate. Instead I ended up with a house in need of $25k in repairs and no way to borrow against the equity I had at the time of purchase. I made every mortgage payment on time, worked a second job and completed as much of the needed work as possible myself to save money and expedite the process. I'm such a chump.

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Who else can I write a check to for making bad decisions or being lied to?
    I have been lied to most of my life by the gov't, employers, people. Wheres my ****ing pay day? I paid the price repeatedly for my poor choices when I was younger. No one bailed me out. **** them. **** all of them. No more. No more regulations. No more taxes. No more bailouts. ****. ALL. OF. THEM. Not one more ****ing thing from these mother ****ing **** sucking ***hole mother ****ers.

I ****ing swear to ****ing god I can't even begin to ****ing express my god damn anger at these ****ing **** suckers and the ****ing ******** these mother ****ing ***holes have been bringing down on us. I just ****ing can't ****ing express how deeply angered and ****ing pissed the **** off I am about this ****ing ********. I just ****ing cant. **** all these mother ****ers all the way to hell and hope they burn for all ****ing eternity reliving their idiotic ****ing poor choices and desire to take **** that isnt theirs from others that worked their
    ****ing asses off.

Top Bottom