• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    INGO member Arm America is right. Those who complained and called the cops (and some of you posters, too)... are a bunch of whiners.

My wife & I live right next door to the bus terminal for Pike Township School buses. I believe there are over 70 buses operating out of there. They start revving their engines (at least half are deisel).... at 5:30 AM, five days a week. Then they spend over an hour, parading one-by-one out the exit at the parking area, and right past our bedroom window. Each bus makes so much noise taking off out of there, it rattles our windows and the stuff hanging on our walls. Oh good, the kids are back in school...... :xmad:

Personally, I would love to replace their noise.... with a competent marching band. Get over it!

** :popcorn:Waiting for the flames to start now.

This isn't a flame. Lets just call it a discussion. Can I assume that this bus terminal was there when you moved in? If so, then your comparison is invalid. I've read some reports that some of the neighbors may have been informed that this was going to happen, but that doesn't mean they approved. Having something like this happen on a weekday morning would actually be better for most people because they would normally be getting up anyway. A Sunday morning though would not be acceptable to me at all. If this were to happen to me, I can assure you my reaction would not even be close to whining. It would be justifiable reaction to an extremely inconsiderate act, not to mention an unlawful one.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    They said it was a 10-minute routine they wanted to play. But, there was time for the band to start, wake people up, call police, dispatch an officer, get there, and use megaphone to quiet them down at 6am?

Methinks it was more than a10-minute routine. These neighbors had no idea how long it would go on.

Also nice to see idiot website comments aren't limited to news stories about guns :)

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    What kind of a prick calls the cops on the marching band?

6 am is morning. If you want to sleep in, don't throw a hissy fit when the rest of the world is up and working.

The neighbors should be chastised for calling the police and the kids should be congratulated for getting to state.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker

6 am is morning. If you want to sleep in, don't throw a hissy fit when the rest of the world is up and working.

The neighbors should be chastised for calling the police and the kids should be congratulated for getting to state.

The kids do deserve a lot of credit for a great accomplishment, I don't deny that at all. On a weekday morning I could deal with it. This was Sunday morning. I would make a reasonable request for them to stop before I involved the police, but that option is something I would consider if it came to that. If that makes me a prick, so be it.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I assume some of you guys who think this is not worth whining about won't mind if my brother and I set up next to your house and play a few Napalm Death covers at 6:00 am on some random Sunday, with my monster PA system, right?

Maybe I should just get the pipe band.

:)

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Maybe I'm just a cranky old fart but If a marching band started blasting in front of my house at 6am on a Sunday morning, I'm pretty sure they would find out exactly how much I disliked it.

Word.

If I was neighbors with a guy that brought his "tradition" with him, I'd have my schedule marked so I remember to turn my sprinklers toward the road on that day.

This prick might not call the police initially, but would verbally show his displeasure for a bunch of geeks making that much noise before the sun was up on a Sunday morning. You can hear that garbage a mile away, let alone 20 feet from your property.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I assume some of you guys who think this is not worth whining about won't mind if my brother and I set up next to your house and play a few Napalm Death covers at 6:00 am on some random Sunday, with my monster PA system, right?

Maybe I should just get the pipe band.

:)

I can handle it. I'll be out there dancing in just my boxers though. Can you handle that??

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    Again, unless the train tracks went in after you moved in, your argument is invalid.

I read that ^ in your first post (about the bus terminal).. directed as a reply to my post. Guess what, I am required to live on this property, by my (our) employer. So I had no option, except the unemployment line. Oh, and on that amount of income, I'd probably have noisy drunken, druggy neighbors w/ Glocks and Smiths going off every 45 minutes...w/ what we could afford.

I'm just sayin'........ a marching band at 6AM....once a year...... would be a relief. Not something to call the cops about....:twocents:

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    I read that ^ in your first post (about the bus terminal).. directed as a reply to my post. Guess what, I am required to live on this property, by my (our) employer. So I had no option, except the unemployment line. Oh, and on that amount of income, I'd probably have noisy drunken, druggy neighbors w/ Glocks and Smiths going off every 45 minutes...w/ what we could afford. :twocents:

I'm not trying to belittle you in any way here. I still maintain that you made a choice to accept these conditions. The people affected by the band situation did not. We may have a difference of opinion. That doesn't mean we have to be enemies.

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    I'm not trying to belittle you in any way here. I still maintain that you made a choice to accept these conditions. The people affected by the band situation did not. We may have a difference of opinion. That doesn't mean we have to be enemies.

Enemies? Heck no.......... we're cool. :cool:

Just sayin'......I'd take one loud band (even if they sucked), over 90 minutes of repetitive bus noise five mornings a week. Those first fours gears, are a biotch. :bash:

And yes, we knew the school buses would be coming & going from there when we took the job and moved in. But no one could ever have imagined the terrible amount of noise 60 or 70 buses can make, until after having lived thru it for the first nine-month school year.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom