• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Just so I'm getting this right, band director moves to new neighborhood. Kids show up at his home at 6am, per tradition, and start making noise. Homeowners, of who this is a "new" thing, get up, and complain to police.
    Officers arrive, thumb through city code and find out the people are in violation, and shut down the performance.
    So 5-0 does it's job and gets expletives thrown their way? ***sigh***

Those parents can pound sand. There are still plenty of people that don't work a 9-5, M-F job. Just because those parents had sunday off, doesn't mean everybody else does. Bring 50 band nerds, and their parents, out to my neighborhood and create a ruckus, and I'll take issue to it.

concrete dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Goshen
    :rockwoot:3 of the top ten Indiana schools in class B will be rocking Lucas Oil this weekend, Goshen,Concord,and Greenwood. Since I'm a Color Guard dad 6:00 in the morning isn't nothing. Maybe I will see some of you there.

Shive.Justin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2011
    Greenwood/Whiteland
    if they waited til 6 to start, there is nothing wrong. that's when the "noise ban" is over. 10pm-6am. that means i can go outside and start making all the noise as humanly possible right next to your house at 6am and you really can't do anything about it. get over your self-centered self and let the kids have fun. i was in marching band for 4 years and we were always practicing at 6am. if we were on the field before that, we were "silent" as in no music.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Wow people! One morning every year they make it to state! Big deal! They are welcome to wake me up once a year, and I would give them a one man standing ovation!

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Can I assume that this bus terminal was there when you moved in? If so, then your comparison is invalid.
    Can I assume that you had neighbors when you moved in? If so, the comparison stands. It is reasonable to expect that other humans might occasionally make noise on neighboring property.

This quote applies, in my opinion:

The price of freedom of religion or of speech or of the press is that we must put up with, and even pay for, a good deal of rubbish.

— Robert H. Jackson, US Supreme Court justice (1892-1954)

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    (*) <--- There's a lot of it going around...in Greenwood and here.

I'm not now, nor have I ever been, associated with any HS marching band, so I got no dog in this fight, but some Francis-es (Francii?) need to lighten up.

GPD177

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Greenwood
    Just came back to work today, been off for several, today is the first I have heard of it. I am just glad people arent bashing us for a change :):

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    Again, unless the train tracks went in after you moved in, your argument is invalid.

Unless the marching band comes through four to six times a day, your argument is invalid.

My final thought on this. While annoying and maybe offensive to someone trying to sleep, in America we do not have the right not to be offended.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    :rockwoot:3 of the top ten Indiana schools in class B will be rocking Lucas Oil this weekend, Goshen,Concord,and Greenwood. Since I'm a Color Guard dad 6:00 in the morning isn't nothing. Maybe I will see some of you there.

Yep, my guard girl from Western High will be there as well this weekend. :yesway:

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    You guys realize that the guy that writes for "Glee" is from Center Grove right? For all the "band" and "glee" geeks we've called out in this thread I would hope some of you realize that one of the most successful shows in history on TV has pretty big foundation ties in class 3 high schools here in Indiana (Center Grove, Carmel...). I just thought this was a good thread to bring this up in.

target64

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    West Side
    Would I have liked being woke up so early, no
    Would I have thought it was funny after I found out what was going on, yeah.
    The only reason to call the cops, is to have them bring coffee and doughnuts.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    We have had it drilled into us for decades now to be a nation of tolerance when it comes to religion and sexual orientation or any other thing that doesn't fit into the norm.

Where is the tolerance here? It's once a year and it is to celebrate that high school teenagers have worked hard and achieve a mutual goal. Why can't we celebrate with these kids instead of always beating down the teenagers for doing something wrong. Why have we become so selfish that we can't understand the joy these kids were feeling for succeeding, instead we go and rain on their parade.

In the small community I live in the student athletes ride the fire trucks around town when they win section, regioinal, semi-state or state championships. Between our tennis, volleyball and football teams, there is a team riding the fire trucks, late late at night every weekend starting tournament time. Lights flashing, horns blarring. People come out of there houses to wave at the kids. Our football team shoots a cannon off after each touchdown, it can be heard across town. Not one person has complained in all the years. Our town support our kids and encourage them to work hard to achieve their goals and when they do we celebrate with them. We've got it right it takes a village to raise a child.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    We have had it drilled into us for decades now to be a nation of tolerance when it comes to religion and sexual orientation or any other thing that doesn't fit into the norm.

Where is the tolerance here? It's once a year and it is to celebrate that high school teenagers have worked hard and achieve a mutual goal. Why can't we celebrate with these kids instead of always beating down the teenagers for doing something wrong. Why have we become so selfish that we can't understand the joy these kids were feeling for succeeding, instead we go and rain on their parade.

In the small community I live in the student athletes ride the fire trucks around town when they win section, regioinal, semi-state or state championships. Between our tennis, volleyball and football teams, there is a team riding the fire trucks, late late at night every weekend starting tournament time. Lights flashing, horns blarring. People come out of there houses to wave at the kids. Our football team shoots a cannon off after each touchdown, it can be heard across town. Not one person has complained in all the years. Our town support our kids and encourage them to work hard to achieve their goals and when they do we celebrate with them. We've got it right it takes a village to raise a child.

How is this known? Did the school inform the residents? If so, that makes a big difference. I would certainly understand if the situation was explained as being a once a year. That's certainly ok. How am I to know that this isn't going to be happening every Sunday? That the problem I have with this instance. I all for kids being kids, but hell, how about giving the locals a "heads up?" I've broken up tons of "adult" parties over the years, and typically it's from ppl that didnt know something was scheduled to occur. The smart party planners inform there neighbors of a forthcoming event, and rarely do we have an issue complaints.

Top Bottom