• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • El Guero

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2011
    Nw Indiana
    i guess will get me mad but band is better than the buzz of the clock, the garbage truck or the vacuum sucking leafs in the street, i work late nights so i know the feeling but i don't think will get me **** to call the cops.

4x4

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Im amazed that people are OK with this. Sometimes I only get a few hours off between shifts. I keep very odd hours and when I want to sleep, I want to sleep.

If I go in front of anybodys house on here at 6AM with a boom box blasting Lynyrd Skynyrd I guarantee the police would be called. Its disturbing the peace no matter what kind of music it is or where its coming from.

Ever have a newborn baby in the house? Would you like that baby to be woken up 3 hours before normal? No.

4x4

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    How is this known? Did the school inform the residents? If so, that makes a big difference. I would certainly understand if the situation was explained as being a once a year. That's certainly ok. How am I to know that this isn't going to be happening every Sunday? That the problem I have with this instance. I all for kids being kids, but hell, how about giving the locals a "heads up?" I've broken up tons of "adult" parties over the years, and typically it's from ppl that didnt know something was scheduled to occur. The smart party planners inform there neighbors of a forthcoming event, and rarely do we have an issue complaints.

*their:D

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake

Im amazed that people are OK with this. Sometimes I only get a few hours off between shifts. I keep very odd hours and when I want to sleep, I want to sleep.

If I go in front of anybodys house on here at 6AM with a boom box blasting Lynyrd Skynyrd I guarantee the police would be called. Its disturbing the peace no matter what kind of music it is or where its coming from.

Ever have a newborn baby in the house? Would you like that baby to be woken up 3 hours before normal? No.

Sweet, sweet irony.:):

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Gotta go with the cop callers on this one, although unsure if I would have called. 6 a.m. Sunday morning is meant for sleep or, uh never mind. If they had alerted the neighbors to the plan I wouldn't see an issue but to just drop the marching band bomb at that time of day is rather inconsiderate. The ones complaining that us "whiners" are only thinking of ourselves should consider that the parents of the band members were only thinking about themselves and their spawn also! Street goes both ways.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Im amazed that people are OK with this.

Same here. As much whining and complaining about every conceivable thing that I see on this forum, I can't believe this is something that many say is fine. I'm sure they'd change their minds if a marching band started playing next door about three hours before they are scheduled to wake up for the day.

Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I think this is a little different than a common noisy occurrence. Any person that wasn't a moron would look out the window and see a marching band and think "huh, wonder what the occasion is?". I would be curious, and after they finished go on with my normal day to day or back to sleep, but then again, I'm not a whiney little ***** that has to make a federal case of everything and spoil peoples fun...

himant

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Aug 11, 2011
    heard a roomer that when a band goes to the state finals, its kind of a un written tradition to go wake up the band director as a joke,, im hoping they dont show up every weekend at 6am,,do they???:(

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    ONE DAY A YEAR PEOPLE!!!!!
    ONE DAY...... and ONLY WHEN THEY GO TO STATE!!!!!!!
    WTH, let them have their fun!
    These are some of the GOOD kids! This is something they look forward to each year, a little extra fun for all their hard work and perseverance!

But I guess you all forget what being a kid was like!

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I get up at 4:00 5-6 days a week on average and am at work at 6:00. I live 350' from the road and as far as I know, my neighbor isn't a band director. Plus my hearing is shot. If a marching band wakes me up on a Sunday morning, they'll be facing tresspassing issues, not noise.

I don't understand why people live in neighborhoods where you can shake your neighbor's hand through your windows. No wonder these people are so uptight.

jsgolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Greenwood
    Band members and directors practice, practice and do it over and over....
    Rain, wind, in the dark under street lights, when their not feeling well and occasionally in the sunshine.

Thats whats required to be competitive and their hard work paid off once again.

Had I known of this 30-year tradition and their location,
    I would have provided donuts and hot chocolate!
    And I live in Center Grove.

Bunch of winers.
    What he said. As a resident of CG as well, you can see (and hear :))the band practicing ALL the time. They put in more work than all the sports teams, combined. let them have their fun.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Im guessing there is someone in that neighborhood who works nightshirt. I wonder how many of them that called the cops give any consideration to night shift neighbors when they mow their yards, etc.

Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Im guessing there is someone in that neighborhood who works nightshirt. I wonder how many of them that called the cops give any consideration to night shift neighbors when they mow their yards, etc.
    I used to work nightshift. I never, nor should anyone else working night shift IMO, expect the rest of the world to accomodate me and my crappy schedule. If you work night shift, you should expect noise, light, interuptions...

IndyIN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.3%
    58   1   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Texas
    Wow people! One morning every year they make it to state! Big deal! They are welcome to wake me up once a year, and I would give them a one man standing ovation!

See, the problem is that the neighbors have no idea that its a one time a year thing... or if it's going to go on for 2 hours or 10 minutes. The reports I've read (I live in Center Grove) is that people 3 neighborhoods over heard the music/noise.

I suspect there is a little more to this. If I walked out and asked what was going on/keep it down and I was met with cursing, you can be certain the cops would get called. Maybe the first action by the residents was to call the cops, but I’d bet some homeowners were treated disrespectfully prior to the call.

IndyIN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.3%
    58   1   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Texas
    :poop:
    That's exactly the problem.

The only problem with notifying everyone is you can hear that crap from a mile away.

I suspect that this only made the news because some parents got lippy with the police. If adults would have acted like adults, this probably wouldn't have been a problem. Right or wrong... when you get :poop: with the police, you usually don't get any leeway after that.

Sounds like the band parents sealed their own fate...

Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    See, the problem is that the neighbors have no idea that its a one time a year thing... or if it's going to go on for 2 hours or 10 minutes. The reports I've read (I live in Center Grove) is that people 3 neighborhoods over heard the music/noise.

I suspect there is a little more to this. If I walked out and asked what was going on/keep it down and I was met with cursing, you can be certain the cops would get called. Maybe the first action by the residents was to call the cops, but I’d bet some homeowners were treated disrespectfully prior to the call.
    Id say if it hasnt happened before, Its probably not gonna start happening everyday... It's a freaking band standing in a dudes yard... You guys act like this would be normal at 2oclock in the afternoon or that it happens all time...
    Perspective>>> get some.:rolleyes:

Top Bottom