• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Hand me a cup with graffiti on it and I will demand another cup.

Yes, that would be my approach too.

I saw a reader comment on a site that said " at least the baristas will now be able to make some use of their liberal arts degrees". Lmao.

Sadly for the baristas this is a true statement.

BS = Bachelor of Science degree = Professional Career

BA = Bachelor of Arts degree = Can I tell you about our specials today?

HS = High School degree = Would you like fries with that?

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    I could have some fun with this but their coffee is overpriced and sucks pond water.

I find their Sumatra blend coffee to be very tasty, and a huge, steaming hot, black 20oz cup is $2.35

The price gets real silly once you start adding all the girl stuff to it...sugar, cream, whipped cream, nutmeg, ice cream, etc etc

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    I find their Sumatra blend coffee to be very tasty, and a huge, steaming hot, black 20oz cup is $2.35

The price gets real silly once you start adding all the girl stuff to it...sugar, cream, whipped cream, nutmeg, ice cream, etc etc
    Sad or funny as the case may be, I can get free Starbucks coffee if I wanted, I just can stand the taste.

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy

Absolutely! I usually say I'm yer worst nightmare, I want a short black.
    McDonalds has great coffe if you get it fresh (they don't use thermoses), but will brew you a fresh pot if you ask. $0.53 for a senior.

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    ***snip**
    Same folks who hate Chick-Fil-A & Hobby Lobby because of the owners' beliefs are totally cool with Starbucks pouring politics w/ our coffee.
    Can't let this go. Though I'm not sure what's going on at Starbucks, having a discussion about values is a bit different than just imposing them on others. Isn't it usually the 'right'* complaining the 'left'* is the group that knows what's right and wants to impose their correctness on others.
    *My apologies to Jamil for this loose, stereotyping terminology.... but it's jut too easy, and sooo much fun...

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Sad or funny as the case may be, I can get free Starbucks coffee if I wanted, I just can stand the taste.

Of which kind? They have many different blends and strengths. I prefer a dark extra bold cup of Sumatra or Kimodo Dragon...I like the taste of coffee...and that coffee has taste. In the summertime I like a cup of iced Sumatra..black.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Absolutely! I usually say I'm yer worst nightmare, I want a short black.
    McDonalds has great coffe if you get it fresh (they don't use thermoses), but will brew you a fresh pot if you ask. $0.53 for a senior.

When you walk into a place that sells "finely crafted and assembled" cups of coffee that cost $5.00, don't you really deserve what you get?

That's like going to the 1500 and complaining about the crowds, the prices, and the nacho farts.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Can't let this go. Though I'm not sure what's going on at Starbucks, having a discussion about values is a bit different than just imposing them on others. Isn't it usually the 'right'* complaining the 'left'* is the group that knows what's right and wants to impose their correctness on others.
    *My apologies to Jamil for this loose, stereotyping terminology.... but it's jut too easy, and sooo much fun...

Just exactly what sort of "discussion" do you suppose is going to take place between a barista and a customer? Basically, the barista spouts some talking point (probably non-factual) and hands the customer his change. "Next!" But what would you expect from a company based in Seattle, where they think $15/hr minimum wage is reasonable, but can't understand why so many upscale restaurants are leaving their city.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Could the semi-literate and math-challenged kid with the mouth full of marbles working the McDonalds drive through go to night school to become a barista? If so, I would sure want to have a conversation with him/her!

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    With supermodels I talk underwear. With baristas I talk coffee. I'll try to reverse that next time to see what happens. "I'd like a tall (athletic) blonde please."

Starbucks will serve you a tall blonde - but it has no body or flavor.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I drink only black coffee, dark roast, pour-over, extra strong - in my own coffee mug, that they can't write on.

Given how busy the baristas are with getting drink orders completed, I'd appreciate them not waste time for social preaching. It already takes long enough to wait for my pour-over.

Top Bottom