• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    It already takes long enough to wait for my pour-over.

Well that is probably because one of the side effects of man made global warming is insufficient gravity. If we only had more windmills and solar panels your gravity fed coffee would be ready sooner. Be patient, the government will save you sometime.

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    Starbucks will serve you a tall blonde - but it has no body or flavor.
    Starbucks has a well earned rep for over roasting their beans, thus the name among coffee geeks, 'Charbucks.' The taste is intense, consistent and appeals to many. I don't mind it and credit SB with bringing good coffee to the American palate. I've been roasting beans on and off for ten years now. The problem with over roasting is it burns out more subtle regional bean flavors. Beans from Africa, Asia S America, Central America are prized for their differences. If you roast it just right (an art) you can capture these differences. If you roast it a bit longer, it all tastes the same. Not bad, but the same. And that's a 100 fold improvement of what used to be served as strong (overcooked) coffee everywhere. Now, it's hard to get a bad cup of coffee anywhere. Fresh Mickey Dee's is quite good.

Last edited:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Or you could just give me my ****ing coffee

CAkYgoMUgAAI4fc.jpg:large

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    I do love the SP Sumatra but there is lots of good coffee around that don't have the "coffee artist" trying to do social engineering with me. About done with SB.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Or you could just give me my ****ing coffee

CAkYgoMUgAAI4fc.jpg:large

Well lets see....

1) I have no idea
    2) Never really thought about it.
    3) No idea. They are all just kids
    4) That is pretty urban-specific. No blocks or buildings around here. That said, depending on definition, I think there are about 3 "races" represented in our little neighborhood.
    5) All of the above? Well, not at home.
    6) No idea. Not many folks have a "selfie" as their profile pic.
    7) No idea. Never was a big enough deal to keep track of it.
    8) We don't get many visitors....of any kind.
    9) No idea. We are all "remote" and use messenger or phone for everything. Wouldn't recognize most folks if I saw them in person.
    10) No idea. Never paid attention.

What is America's biggest race challenge? Ignoring folks that want to make a big deal out of ancestry.

I have been wondering, what qualifies as "race" for the above questions? I have a friend who's father is Arabic and mother is "caucasian". Does that count? What about my turkish friend? How about someone from India? Are Jews still considered a "race" for the purposes of "racism"? I'm so confused....

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    Just got around to reading this thread. Can believe no one mentioned Louis ck's bit from "chewed up" about coffee and racist words. Not going to link it, nsfw and nsfingo either, probably.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    As long as we are talking about race, what aren't we talking about?

Obamacare?
    Immigration?
    EPA regulating us out of affordable power?
    Changing or removing the NFA? Constitutional carry?

It's time for us to start dictating the talking points instead of following theirs.

Indynic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 30, 2013
    Parts Unknown

From both of these articles, the underlying theme is the SB is going to open more stores in minority areas. That tells me that this whole Racetogether ploy, was a bunch of out of touch, rich, liberal white guys in a board room thinking this is how they were going to win over minorities and make their new stores successful in minority areas. What a joke.

Top Bottom