• Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    Am I too late to make jokes?

"Hi, I'd just like a Vente black coffee please."

--"Interesting choice sir! Black, just like the unarmed teenager shot down in Ferguson?"

"Just a black coffee please."

"Hi there, I'll take an chai latte with extra cream. I don't want it too dark."

- "Here is your coffee you damned racist"

Eh? Eh?

I didn't read the thread so these probably aren't original. Haha.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    ...almost wish I drank coffee so I had the chance for some kid to tell me how to live my life.

and isn't it sad that our conversations about race, for some reason, have to revolve around some ne'er to do well (of any race) rather than the overwhelming majority of people (of every race) who are just out there doing their best to work hard and make a life for themselves and their family?

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    This just in......Hooters encourages employees to discuss domestic violence, Don Pablo's encourages employees to discuss immigration, 84 lumber encourages employees to discuss reforestation........... and on, and on.

Don Pabo's LOL. The only Mexican place I can think of more Angelcized or ""hispanic white" than Don Pablo's is Bandido's. Now those commercials border on offensive......IMHO

Also Starbucks......better than Dunkin; still don't want to discuss race with them; unless it is how the NRA protected African Americian gun rights........(see what good you can do with this policy? Possibly a mobilized effort to do so???)

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Krispy Kreme is encouraging people to push their feelings into a little, bitty ball of angst and try to eat their way to happiness.

Seems like a more rational business plan.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    I thought Starbucks wanted to stay out of political controversies and just be a nonpartisan business. Or is that just about firearms? :dunno:

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    I thought Starbucks wanted to stay out of political controversies and just be a nonpartisan business. Or is that just about firearms? :dunno:

See post #44. I think I got that covered. Maybe....

I think out here I could make barrista have a stroke trying to reconcile their justified empathy for the past treatment of black folks mixed with the right to carry a scary gun......

I support both. Make mine a short blond with no sweetness.......mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    They were talking about this on Don Lemon's show on CNN. They generally panned the idea. Marl Lamont Hill said "Liberal white people are the most dangerous people out there when it comes to race"
    I DO NOT think that was a racist statement and I tend to agree

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    Dumb. I don't want to talk about race. I'm sick of hearing about racism. I think I will just tell the barista I don't like anyone, regardless of race. :lala:

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Warning... if you want to preach to me on this, or any other, issue then I will consider you fair game for me to preach to you on the issues of my choice.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Meh. They won't learn much from that because they've already collected your money. Now tying up the line, talking the barista's ear off will let them know that wasting your time and preaching on your dime shows that they think it is proper behavior in their establishment.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Meh. They won't learn much from that because they've already collected your money. Now tying up the line, talking the barista's ear off will let them know that wasting your time and preaching on your dime shows that they think it is proper behavior in their establishment.

Shows how much I know of the process there. Not one to drop $8 on a cup of Joe.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County

EXACTLY!

Apparently...no. So...does that mean they will soon be changing their position on firearms from "please don't", but we will follow the state and local laws - to - no firearms?

Top Bottom