• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    Its like clockwork, every few weeks we get a couple new members that are to scared to step on a few toes for fear of losing what rights we have rather than break those toes and fight for more.

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    Im gonna go ahead and call it.

It would venture to say that the security guard is a gun owner, and it wouldn't be a huge stretch to say he knows about INGO, and may not be a member......at least not until he saw this thread. duh duh duh..... folks I give you WillyUSMC and his buddy Irahm. Security guards at St. Mary's.

Just a wild guess here.....I could be way off. Then again it wouldn't be the first time something like this had happened.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven

It would venture to say that the security guard is a gun owner, and it wouldn't be a huge stretch to say he knows about INGO, and may not be a member......at least not until he saw this thread. duh duh duh..... folks I give you WillyUSMC and his buddy Irahm. Security guards at St. Mary's.

Just a wild guess here.....I could be way off. Then again it wouldn't be the first time something like this had happened.

i was wondering that myself. i'll be the watson to your sherlock. :laugh:

.45 Dave

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    :popcorn: Wow this is cool

"I know you are wondering why I've called you all here (cue dramatic music) one of you is...a security guard!" (dramatic music crescendo--woman feints)

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    :popcorn: Wow this is cool

"I know you are wondering why I've called you all here (cue dramatic music) one of you is...a security guard!" (dramatic music crescendo--woman feints)
    I know I know

It was Willy>in the break room> with the revolver

:rockwoot:

WillyUSMC

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    All I'm saying is that if you take the short drive across state lines into IL you have no right to defensively carry a firearm, it is a privelesge to be allowed to carry. I wasn't saying that these actions alone got some politician riled up, but that voters who may have leaned towards gun rights may be more apt to vote against gun owners when they encounter situations like these. I'm certainly not going to walk down the street carrying a huge box of sudafed wearing an "I heart Meth" t-shirt and expect that no LEO's will go out of their way to talk to me, it just comes with the territory of drawing needless attention to yourself. ( just to clear up for the ones that take everything so litterally here I'm not likening legal gun owner to meth cooks, just making a point here: kind of ridiculous I even have to explain but I've already had some of the fine folks here doing this type of thing). Read the whole thing people don't just pick and choose a couple words here and there and add your own context!

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    All I'm saying is that if you take the short drive across state lines into IL you have no right to defensively carry a firearm, it is a privelesge to be allowed to carry. I wasn't saying that these actions alone got some politician riled up, but that voters who may have leaned towards gun rights may be more apt to vote against gun owners when they encounter situations like these. I'm certainly not going to walk down the street carrying a huge box of sudafed wearing an "I heart Meth" t-shirt and expect that no LEO's will go out of their way to talk to me, it just comes with the territory of drawing needless attention to yourself. ( just to clear up for the ones that take everything so litterally here I'm not likening legal gun owner to meth cooks, just making a point here: kind of ridiculous I even have to explain but I've already had some of the fine folks here doing this type of thing). Read the whole thing people don't just pick and choose a couple words here and there and add your own context!

the fundamental difference between you and me is that i dont believe the government grants me rights. they only stomp all over them via the threat of force and tacit approval of those too scared be free. :twocents:

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo

I would like to take this opportunity to welcome Paul Blart to our forum.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    All I'm saying is that if you take the short drive across state lines into IL you have no right to defensively carry a firearm, it is a privelesge to be allowed to carry.

Incorrect. IL residents still maintain their rights. Those rights are being infringed.
    Infringing upon or denying a right in one state does not make a case for the same right to be considered a "privilege" somewhere else simply because it is less infringed.

...voters who may have leaned towards gun rights may be more apt to vote against gun owners when they encounter situations like these.

Perhaps more apt to vote against armed security guards being rude, but from this situation I can't fathom what you think the OP did wrong in attempting to leave when asked. :dunno:

...it just comes with the territory of drawing needless attention to yourself.

Are you trying to make this about open carrying? I'd be fine with arguing that :D

...but the OP wasn't.

The attention was needless, but hopefully the officer and the guards understand that now.
    Hopefully, they won't create such an unnecessary disturbance in the future when they inform a visitor of the building's unposted rules. ;)

EnochRoot43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 14, 2010
    Anderson
    Infringing upon or denying a right in one state does not make a case for the same right to be considered a "privilege" somewhere else simply because it is less infringed.

+1 for you!

Maybe within my lifetime the general citizenry will realise that the role of government is/should be to protect the rights of all rather than arbitrarily deny them.

But I won't hold my breath. After all, millions of people were willing to vote for D. Trump.

Which reminds me....I wonder if Hank Williams Jr. is still considering running for a U.S. Senate seat in 2012? The rest of Americas answer to Al Franken:rockwoot:

huey

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    SW IND
    my take

in your 1st post

"The police officer did not identify himself and stepped in my way, he said "You have to give me your license, now" I repeated that I did not while they were trying to tell me that it was the law, which I knew it wasn't (Thanks INGO!)

After that I asked if I was free to leave and the Officer said "NO, not until you identify yourself "

1}you say he was a police officer.was in in uniform?
    if yes the way i see it he did not need to.
    at that time you should have showed your permit
    not asked if you were detained. then it probably would not have escalated
    thats my :twocents:

Top Bottom