Spring is near..... Any motorcycle riders?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • J10on4ds

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 23, 2011
    Bedford
    Unfortunately was in an accident this past October on my triumph, was out of work for about 7 weeks, gained some hardware in my left leg. Driver heading towards me made a left hand turn across my lane, I decided hitting a car head on wasn't an option so i luckily missed him, but went down. Still dealing with insurance and my lawyer etc, don't know if I'll be back on a bike or not this season. Suzuki v-stroms have been tempting me though...
    the V-Strom is a pretty tempting do it all ride, you get a lot for the money. Have you ridden one? Had a 950 adventure, and the strom seemed pretty much like a more road oriented version of it...

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    There have been various gatherings of two wheel gun toters in the past. I attended one such event and had a good time, I keep missing out on the others due to scheduling conflicts though.
    Purple was implied given the recent events featuring motorcycles, and like minded folks gathering. That being cleared up, I'm looking to order a Ducati Scrambler next month if things go right.

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Yes, I like to wait till the crap is off the roads though. Rode on Christmas day, but haven't since.

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    Lookin' good Jagee !

Mr Peabody,
    you should stop upstairs at Syd's in Noblesville on 2/11 at 7:00 to see what's going on with the Hamilton County ABATE group.

MrPeabody

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Dec 1, 2011
    Hamilton County
    What are you riding now?... You know what direction thinking of? Standard? Sport touring? Cruiser? Inquiring minds want to know.:D Thanks.

I have a 2011 Ultra Classic. I like it, but the Harley tax is a killer when buying parts. I put new tires on it last year for a 1,500 mile trip and it was almost $800. I didn't have time to do it, plus the tires for that bike are made by Dunlop for Harley. So I was pretty stuck. I really like the new Indians, but I want to see a few more dealers pop up before I commit.

MrPeabody

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Dec 1, 2011
    Hamilton County
    Lookin' good Jagee !

Mr Peabody,
    you should stop upstairs at Syd's in Noblesville on 2/11 at 7:00 to see what's going on with the Hamilton County ABATE group.

Thanks for the offer.... I have an meeting in Shelbyville that evening, but if I get back in time I will stop in. I have never been upstairs in Syd's. Go in through the bar or the family side?

MrPeabody

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Dec 1, 2011
    Hamilton County
    It would be fun to meet regularly and ride to a different LGS and/or mom/pop diner/restaurant.

When I lived up north we made a BBQ ride every Thursday after work. We would pick a non-franchised BBQ joint within 150 miles and go. We all worked at the same place so getting together was easy. Maybe it would be best to do something like this on a Saturday.

bmoan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 30, 2015
    Bloomington
    Crash knocked me out of the Harley business in 2000, I'm strictly off road now, but I do have the itch for a cruiser! I ride a Cr450f for now. Any other dirt bikers?

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Crash knocked me out of the Harley business in 2000, I'm strictly off road now, but I do have the itch for a cruiser! I ride a Cr450f for now. Any other dirt bikers?

I just sold my KTM 250XCWe a couple weeks ago, but kept my DR350 for an errand bike. It's old and crude compared to my KTMs, but it's all I really need for now.

IMG_0064-X2.jpg

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    What kinda track days are we talking?
    I'm a supermoto guy myself. Had a drz400 that I took to the go cart track a couple of times. It was a blast, even though I wasn't fast... Lol
    I ride a KTM 690SMC currently.
    Supersport. I ride a 600 in the advanced group. I've got a few vids on Youtube, but here's one from the National Corvette Museum Motorsports Park from last season:

[video]https://youtu.be/c-Be4fwlefo[/video]

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    I haven't had a lot of time lately, but went for a short ride Sunday. I used to a lot more, but that was before I had to take I-69 into Indy. It scares the crap out of me now and I drive a full size truck. I have to do brake pads this year, since I didn't get it done last year. I need to read up and find something that doesn't require the Harley tax.....

I switched to EBC brake pads and they are much more aggressive and make for shorter stops, I will never go OEM again.

Last edited:

DapperDan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2016
    Southern Indiana
    the V-Strom is a pretty tempting do it all ride, you get a lot for the money. Have you ridden one? Had a 950 adventure, and the strom seemed pretty much like a more road oriented version of it...

No I haven't personally ridden one, but talked with a family member that had one and absolutely loved it. When I was laid up from the crash I joined the vstrom forum so I could do some reading up on them. Seems like if I do get one it'll be the 650, like you stated, a good all around bike

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I came up beside a woman on one at an intersection on Saturday. Eye catching bike.
    Women riders or no, the Urban Enduro is a very nice dual purpose bike for short trips. It's a small, agile, quick bike, comes in OD green, and it's a Ducati. Bikes are a sideline for me, Jeeps are how you have nice weather fun!

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    Supersport. I ride a 600 in the advanced group. I've got a few vids on Youtube, but here's one from the National Corvette Museum Motorsports Park from last season:

[video]https://youtu.be/c-Be4fwlefo[/video]

That looked like fun ^^ I have never been to a track, you looked like you were doing pretty well in my book. My bike does not like curves- 97 vmax.
    2510_zpsvyhq65c5.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    800+ lbs. and about 30 yds. of wet soggy ground between me and the pavement means I'll be waiting a bit to get the bike out this year.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Women riders or no, the Urban Enduro is a very nice dual purpose bike for short trips. It's a small, agile, quick bike, comes in OD green, and it's a Ducati. Bikes are a sideline for me, Jeeps are how you have nice weather fun!

Hers was red and white. Hubby was on the other side of her, I didn't get a good look at his ride. Nice looking bike:

100614top-i-730x546.jpg

Top Bottom